In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Indiana bill blocks suits against crime gun seller

offerorofferor Member Posts: 8,625 ✭✭
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
Another breath of fresh air here. Our legislature is now in the process of putting through a bill which will prevent nuisance lawsuits against any seller of a gun later used in a crime who didn't know he was selling the gun for some criminal purpose.

If the bill passes, and it may, only a seller who KNOWINGLY sells a gun for an illegal purpose could be held responsible for a subsequent crime with that gun. Darn logical if you ask me.

A very wise and enlightened bill, which goes against every tortured rationalization the gun controllers try to sell the public about "seller liability." I'm proud to be in the state where this bill has been brought up -- and it wasn't even my doing... [:D]

T. Jefferson: "[When doing Constitutional interpretation], let us [go] back to the time when [it] was adopted. [Rather than] invent a meaning [let us] conform to the probable one in which it was passed."

NRAwethepeople.jpgNRA Life Member fortbutton2.gif

Comments

• Contender ManContender Man Member Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Makes so much sense it can't possibly pass.

How many years have they been 'putzing' with this at the Fed. level?

If you only have time to do two things so-so, or one thing well ... do the one thing!