In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

gskyhawk

Contender ManContender Man Member Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
I, in all honesty, dont want to post this, as it tells too many secrets...but I have too....

Hon.. we ain't as young as you think we are...

HOLD THE HORSES.... let me rephrase... Classic aint as young as you think.. I aint saying a bleedin word... *LOL

Lil' Stinker's Opinion

Comments

• Contender ManContender Man Member Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Wanted to answer your question or statement about a law not being broke in the post on a handgun being shipped UPS ground.

Neal Myers covered it in an early reply to the post, and I saw no need to replow that ground in my posts.

You are correct that it is UPS's rule about not shipping handguns via ground ... that is the "rule" part. However, the law that was broken was that the shipper did not declare and therefore concealed the contents of the package and without a signature requirement on a firarms shipment (long or handgun) there is a violation. So concealing the contents and not having it shipped with the need for an adult signature is a violation.

Now if UPS delivers a package that is shipped with an signature requirement w/o getting the signature then they are the ones in violation.

This whole thing is a little circular, if you don't tell them what is in the package you are the violater, if you do they won't ship it ground for handguns ... long gun, same is true except they will ship it ground, signature required, and if they don't get a signature they are the violater.

Of course you hit the thing square on the head when you suggested that he track the package via UPS web site and not get in a flap until non-delivery is really an issue.

And so it goes ...

Oops, edit here, I forgot to mention that I would have sent all of this boring stuff to you via email, but you don't receive it so hence the post.

If you only have time to do two things so-so, or one thing well ... do the one thing!
    edited November -1
    I don't know if you'll look at my post on the other board because they locked the topic..... You can email me at quamnet@execpc.com to get a hold of me.

Bob
    edited November -1
    got the ammo you sent to me today......great ones to add to my collection!! thanks again!!!
    Doc
    ps really like that 25-20 have never shot that cartridge, looks like a fun one to shoot! also that 444 marlin would be fun also.
    again thank you Sir
    edited November -1
    You won my 2000 post giveaway! I need your mailing address!

"Aim small...Miss small"
    edited November -1
    I read your post about holosights(spelling), can you please give me more info. on the ones you use, i.e. brand, experience with them, pros and cons, lighting levels they are effective at, everything you can think of. I may be getting one, but I'd like more info. and to hear other's experiences first, thanks, Ryan.
    SSgt Ryan E. Roberts, USMC
    edited November -1
    Got the patches in awhile ago but didnt have time to say thanks. They will be put to use soon! Thanks alot.

Go Army Beat Navy
    IF you wanna have fun join the cavalry
  • gskyhawkgskyhawk Member Posts: 4,773
    edited November -1
    ok thanks for the info, the reason i asked was one time about a year ago i took a handgun in to ups to ship off , when I handed the package over to the clerk I gave her a copy of the receiving FFL license , told her it was a firearm, and ask what it would cost to ship it with xxx amount of insurance on it, the clerk check her computer and said i could ship ground , 3day or overnight and gave me the amount for each , I said hey ship it ground , she printed up the label and took my money and off i went ,,, now the point of all this is did i break any laws? I admit I never did tell her it was a handgun , when i first went in I just said firearm expecting her to ask what it was , she never did , so i just answer what she asked and let it go at that , I figure she should know what she was doing but since them I have learned a lot more about shipping firearms . On a side note the firearm did get to the dealer without any problems .
    thanks again for taking the time to post a reply
    edited November -1
    Now that's a good one ... you broke no rule, you broke no law.

You said firearm, she took it, insured it, and shipped it as a firearm so the clerk was in error of the company rule. All the "law" stuff was covered, that is unless on the receiving the driver did one of the classic UPS "dump it on the porch and run" numbers, and if so they are the law breakers.

If you only have time to do two things so-so, or one thing well ... do the one thing!