In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Who do you turn to??

Night StalkerNight Stalker Member Posts: 11,967
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
Do you have a mentor? Someone you can approach about darn near any issue; personal or professional? Is he/she a peer, a junior or a senior? How did you come to the arrangement of the mentor and the "mentee"?

My mentor is now a Colonel, and I meet him when I was a newly polished 2LT, right out of the ROTC Green to Gold program. That dude saved certain failure (primarily at the hands of myself) on more than one occasion [}:)]!

Who do you turn to when you have a personal or professional question, or just need a little advice? I'm not sure Gun Broker could be considered a "mentor", but certainly some of the folks on here fit the role rather closely [:)].

Oh yeah, one more thing... please be sure not to confuse a mentor with a tormentor [;)].

NSDQ!

"Many free countries have lost their liberty, and ours may lose hers; but if she shall, be it my proudest plume, not that I was the last to desert; but that I never deserted her." -President Abraham Lincoln

Comments

• Night StalkerNight Stalker Member Posts: 11,967
    edited November -1
    If you do not have a mentor, who do you turn to if you need some advice or guidance on an issue which your unsure of?

NSDQ!

"Many free countries have lost their liberty, and ours may lose hers; but if she shall, be it my proudest plume, not that I was the last to desert; but that I never deserted her." -President Abraham Lincoln
  • rcrxmike_2rcrxmike_2 Member Posts: 3,275
    edited November -1
    oh just come in here and ask....no wonder I'm so screwed up...! (actually I'm more of a work it out on my own kinda guy)

JOIN PETA! (PEOPLE EATING TASTY ANIMALS) I didn't climb to the top of the food chain to have a salad and spring water!
  • bigdaddyjuniorbigdaddyjunior Member Posts: 11,233
    edited November -1
    My friend Claude was my best friend and mentor. He died about five years ago. I was mentorless until I discovered this forum. Now I've got a few, but I don't know if they are even aware of it.[;)]

Big Daddy my heros have always been cowboys,they still are it seems
  • Tiger6Tiger6 Member Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I guess I have several mentors.. As they each hold special qualities in diferent areas... One is a 73 year old retired COL, who has felt the sting of battle many times, another is a long time member of civil service who knows all the ropes, and one is long time friend, but my mentor for most things is my partner for life, my wife, whose judgement and focus is trusted and freely shared.

"We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."
    George Orwell

TARGETS UP!
    TIGER6
  • select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,446 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have a good friend who is a Judge.
  • NighthawkNighthawk Member Posts: 12,022 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The guys at work,we share everything.I think I know everything about most of their sex lifes investments car /truck prefrence's you name it.We share it!Its a big help to vent on some of the accidents you see and calls you go on.Im bothered today by a young lady in a car accident they flew her to Bristol Regional Trauma Center.Im going to call and see if she's ok.Everybody needs somebody even if it feels like you are being weak,your not your preventing yourself from comeing that way.

Rugster

"Toujours Pret"
  • bambihunterbambihunter Member Posts: 10,742 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My wife won't let me get out of line far enough to need a mentor... [:D]
    Fanatic collector of the 10mm auto.
  • Contender ManContender Man Member Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    God! And it is far from a peer relationship ...

Then family and friends. It all depends on the matter and of those in my circle that can best help.

If you only have time to do two things so-so, or one thing well ... do the one thing!