In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

My Ramble, thoughts of little significance

powdersmokepowdersmoke Member Posts: 3,241
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
Still looking for a job. Had several nibbles, but nothing solid yet. One was within 1 1/2 hr drive. Sounds good, if they get the work they're looking to get. The others just petered out.

My father got Pneumonia and ended up in the hospital yesterday. He was haveing halllucinations because he was not able to get enough oxygen to the brain. We all thought he had the flu, SURPRISE!! They've just been working on keeping his fever down. He has so much else wrong with him they need to step careful.

Took the time I have off, since I recovered from the flu, and have been working on the metal lathe. I attached a thread chasing dial to it today. Made a couple of items for my father for when he is able to get up and around again. That dial sure does make threading awhole lot easier.

Not been shooting in awhile may have to take sometime next midweek and go. I figure I'll drag all the revolvers out and reoil again and get the feel of them in my hands. Also have one or two I need to do some gunsmithing on.

Wife sold a couple of properties so she will be getting a couple of small commissions. It will help with our finances when she gets them. By that time we'll be farther into the hole. Ce' la vie.

I have been playing the 'househusband' role since I was laidoff. Keeps me buzy even if I don't do as good a job as the wife did. Least there's food on the table when she gets home, even if its Mac-n-cheese.

Well that's my insignificant world, how's yours?

fa4d9fb5.jpg

When you wrestle a 'gator, there ain't no good end!!

"Molon Labe!" Spartan General-King Leonidas

Comments

• 4GodandCountry4GodandCountry Member Posts: 3,968
    edited November -1
    Keep your chin up and I'll keep prayin that you get what your lookin for but if you hit the lotto you better not forget me.[:D]

"Neca eos omnes. Deus suos agnoscet."
  • bambihunterbambihunter Member Posts: 10,742 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Chin up Powder... My life took a downward spiral for nearly 10 years, but it SEEMS things might be looking up again. I just hope you don't have to fall so far before you start to fly again.
    Fanatic collector of the 10mm auto.
  • paboogerpabooger Member Posts: 13,953
    edited November -1
    Hang in there Smoke, things will improve, it's time like these that makes us appreciate the good times better!!!

pa.gif

Rixford.gif

LIFES MOSTLY SCARS AND SOUVENIR'S - Max Stalling

To Ride, shoot straight,and speak the truth
    This was the Ancient law of Youth
    Old times are past, old times are done:
    But the Law runs true, O little son!
  • Contender ManContender Man Member Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    No life is insignificant unless that person chooses to make it that way. Keep youself busy and don't think of "house husband" as a put down. Your wife happens to be workin now and your not so you keep the homeplace chores up. When you both worked I suspect you shared the domestic stuff ... at least somewhat.

If you run out of stuff to do at home go out and find things to fill the day ... volunteer part of a day at a VA Hosp. if one is near, or a regular hosp. find a community program that interests you and help out there ... if your a regular church goes talk to the minister, there's always stuff that needs doing.

Keep yer head up and quit puttin yourself down.

If you only have time to do two things so-so, or one thing well ... do the one thing!