In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Ruger Hi-cap Collectable?

RugerNinerRugerNiner Member Posts: 12,636 ✭✭✭
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
I have a New In Box Pre-ban Ruger KP-89DC that I was keeping new for an investment. I want to start carrying a KP-89DC. With the Ban Sunsetting and the possability of new bans down the road should I hold on to it and buy a new P-89DC or use it?

I have a Ruger P-85S/D for the Car and a P-89DC for the Truck.
I also have a KP-85MKII that has a safety/decocker that I bought new, but no longer care for Safety/Decockers.

I just bought a new Galco Miami Shoulder Harness that only holds the P-85's and P-89's. That's why I want a new KP-89DC.

Is it worth keeping the Preban KP-89DC as a Investment or should I use it? [?] [:D] [8D]

Jacksonville.gif
sniper.gif Remember...Terrorist are attacking Civilians; Not the Government. Protect Yourself!
http://www.awbansunset.com/
Keep your Powder dry and your Musket well oiled.
NRA Lifetime Benefactor Member.

Comments

• gunpaqgunpaq Member Posts: 4,607 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have run into the same problem. The higher end guys will tell you there are very few Ruger collectables. Any firearm that Ruger no longer manufactures is the one that will be more desireable to collect. If it's still in the box with all the original accessories then buy another P89 for $200, they are out there.

I passed up several nice Ruger P89/90/91's on the auction boards that went relatively cheap even with shipping and transfer.

Pack slow, fall stable, pull high, hit dead center.

Don't fly the river!
  • Rafter-SRafter-S Member Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    RugerNiner--

I doubt you will ever see your Ruger become a collectable. There are too many out there like yours, and very few collectors of that sort of thing.

My suggestion is to use it if you want to.

Rafter-S
  • RugerNinerRugerNiner Member Posts: 12,636 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    There are a lot out there, but not Pre-ban New In Box.
    Serial # less then 703-69999.

I just realized that collectable was the wrong word.
    Investment value is what I meant.

Jacksonville.gif
    sniper.gif Remember...Terrorist are attacking Civilians; Not the Government. Protect Yourself!
    http://www.awbansunset.com/
    Keep your Powder dry and your Musket well oiled.
    NRA Lifetime Benefactor Member.
  • Contender ManContender Man Member Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Main value now is "pre-ban" if it sunsets then that edge is gone. However it's a early piece in NIB condition, regardless of mag. cap. you've got more than a couple hundred there so my vote is to buy a used one if your set on P89 or another small 9 if your not.

If you only have time to do two things so-so, or one thing well ... do the one thing!