In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Nothing worse for carpets than two sick dogs

CS8161CS8161 Member Posts: 13,596 ✭✭✭
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
I have been cleaning up vomit and diareah for the past two days and I am at the end of my rope! My first inclination is to take the two dogs outside and shoot them! No, I would not do that, I am just stressed out. I start a new full time job tomorrow and will be working ten hours shifts and with both of these dogs sick, its going to be a nightmare. I am going to have lock one in the bathroom and keep the little one on the crate. My rugs, which were marginal when I moved in here, are ruined. The vet won't be in till Monday, there is no emergency vet hospital around unless I drive down to Denver, 8 hours away, and it snowing like heck now anyway. I need a valium really bad! Or maybe I should start drinking again! That'll take the edge off!
Back to the carpets. Nothing like liquid diareah at 1230AM to make a man crazy!

Chris8161
Admit nothing, deny everything, demand proof!

Comments

• CS8161CS8161 Member Posts: 13,596 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The older one is a 13 year old Springer Spaniel, never sick hardly a day in his life. Last week I adopted a 8 year old cocker spaniel from the shelter and the older dog has been sick off and on for a few days. I just gave him some pepto bismol and put him in the bathroom. I took him outside first and it was a like a chocolate jet engine erupting from his butt. Explosive diareah! He was ok for a day and now he is sick again. What a mess.
  • 0311marine0311marine Member Posts: 3,233
    edited November -1
    make sure they are drinking alot of water.by the sounds of it u should probally take them to the vet.did u feed them any foo that was greasy by chance[?]

sspic.jpgPistol-01.gif
    SEMPER FI
  • Contender ManContender Man Member Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    straight boiled rice helps, pepto is good, lots of water is a must, another thing is an over the counter drug call Immodium, give each dog 1 tablet, then if needed 8-12 hours later a second table. If it keeps up ... get 'em to a vet.

as for clean up ... confine them to an uncarpeted room, you'll still have a mess, but it is easier to clean than carpeting.

I'd suggest tying them outside, but Wyoming is not very warm this time of year.

Going back to work ... retirement driven you nuts of like many of us the prices catching up with the fixed income[?]

If you only have time to do two things so-so, or one thing well ... do the one thing!
  • CS8161CS8161 Member Posts: 13,596 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Is it safe to give a dog Immodium? I gave him some pepto bismol and that seemed to calm his stomache, so far this morning, no projectile diareah or vomiting.

Chris8161
    Admit nothing, deny everything, demand proof!
  • gun_runnergun_runner Member Posts: 8,999
    edited November -1
    Bread sometimes helps to. 3-4 slices every now and then will stop them up.

Larry
  • Contender ManContender Man Member Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    per my reply to other post ... my vet is the one that put me on to the Immodium 1/2 tab for small dogs 1 tab for large and should only dose twice before taking the dog in.

If you only have time to do two things so-so, or one thing well ... do the one thing!