In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Why is it ...

Contender ManContender Man Member Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
If you go to the book store and buy a copy of ShotGun News and a copy of Playboy ... (both for the brilliant commentary & articals of course)

The wife only believes it about the ShotGun News ... which has more pictures AND fewer articals!

=================================
I used to know everything, then I grew up!...(kinda)

kimberkid@gunbroker.zzn.com

Comments

• Contender ManContender Man Member Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    In all the gun mags the scribes take a bucket of different rounds out to do an evaluation piece. They set up the screens. They set up the sandbags or the Ransom rest. They bang away, and the finished article is complete with charts and pix or groups.

BUT ...

How many times is there a comment about the darn thing shooting to point of aim. Heck those groups are usually 3 or 4 or MORE inches away from the bullseye.

Now if it's an adjustable (elevation and windage) gun the only thing I can think of is someone is being a little lazy. If it's a fixed site then the point of aim thing becomes a tad more important. do I have to learn to shoot it 5 inches high and left to hit center of mass?

Granted, load differences will change the point of impact, but if the mfg. designs the gun to shoot point of aim with middle load range ammo then the varriation, in a good firearm, will be within reasonable limits.

Me I don't want any pistol or revolver that can't shoot to point of aim.

How 'bout you ???

If you only have time to do two things so-so, or one thing well ... do the one thing!
  • Contender ManContender Man Member Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    ... that the most ignorant are usually the loudest?