In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Superbowl Half-Time - West Coast Observation

timbromantimbroman Member Posts: 1,164
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
While I have told myself and others that I was through discussing the whole stupid show and the pinheads involved, I read this op-ed piece from the LATimes that was forwarded to me today and I thought it might interest some of you here. Note that Ms Sartwell is far from being a right-winger, and her views are generally at odds with mine, but I thought most of her remarks here were refreshingly insightful.
http://www.latimes.com/news/printedition/opinion/la-oe-sartwell3feb03,1,1281222.story

Comments

• ndbillyndbilly Member Posts: 1,573 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You have to be registered in order to have access. Any chance you could C&P?
  • jsergovicjsergovic Member Posts: 5,526
    edited November -1
    Even if you are registered, some of the meaty articles are withheld unless you $$$ubscribe.

And my W. Coast taake on the game? What game?
  • timbromantimbroman Member Posts: 1,164
    edited November -1
    Billy, I don't know, I have never done a cut & paste - maybe with some coaching. As far as the registration, I don't remember it being any more complicated than GB - I guess I did that stuff some time ago, doing genealogy, signing up for the various on-line news services, etc.
  • Contender ManContender Man Member Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Me ... I don't need the media to tell me what I think about the nonsense that took place. It was tasteless, moronic, juvinile, offensive ... garbage. Pretty much what is broadcast every day, except maybe a little more over the top as tribute to the occassion.

Now run out and reward the twits by buying their songs, going to their concerts ... watchin their TV channel, etc.

If you only have time to do two things so-so, or one thing well ... do the one thing!