In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Anybody Carry /Carried a PRCA Card....

COLTCOLT Member Posts: 12,637 ******
edited February 2006 in General Discussion
...Anybody rodeo, or use too? Had a card for years back in my 20's, bull riding was the deal, 8 seconds is a l-o-n-g time, spent more time spittin dirt outta my mouth, and wiping bull slobber off of me than riding...[:D]

...Had a friend that rode saddle bronc, and made awesome chaps and spur straps. Had about a dozen sets of rowels, and two bags of riggin. All got stolen out of the back of my truck...[:(]

Rodeo season is about to start here next month, well March, Mesquite Rodeo, can't wait. Big parade and all the hoopla around the square. Mesquite is the Official Rodeo Capital of Texas.

ani-texas-flag.gif

Comments

• Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,958 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have been to a couple of rodeos, and seen more on TV, that is as close as I ever got, except when I got between a bull and a barn wall and got three ribs cracked.
  • Options
    WarbirdsWarbirds Member Posts: 16,839 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I suggest you talk to or email the gb member Dan Little, he's the real deal as far as that stuff is concerned.
  • Options
    bull300wsmbull300wsm Member Posts: 3,289
    edited November -1
    My Dad had a pro Rodeo card. He got his card when the PRCA was known as the RCA (Rodeo Cowboys Association). They had to change it to PRCA because of RCA Victor Radio. They had a copyright on the name RCA. Also my Dad ended up with a Gold Card ( Twenty Five years in the Association). He Rode saddle broncs, * , bulldogging, team roping and roped calves. He rode a few bulls but did not like them as well. My brother and I were in the Association for several years riding bulls and team roping but stopped to raise families. There are alot of good memories to remember.
  • Options
    danlittledanlittle Member Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Dave W. / Thanks for the kind words. My wife says I'm the OLD deal nowdays though.

bull300wsm / Who's your Dad, I might know him or he might know My stepdad Chuck Marrs
    Did he make the finals , if so I probably meet him inthe Gold Room,
    By the way The Org. name for the PRCA was the Turttle Association, then the Rodeo Cowboys assoc. then The Pro rodeo Cowboys assoc.
    They got sued back several years ago for not allowing guys such as myself to hold Dual Cards such as IPRA, URA, & so on
    They lost , cost well over a million dollars / Today as a result you can hold Pro Cards in as many associations as you wish.

Bloviator / Are you up at Mesquite ? Pete puts on a pretty nice deal there, they got in some really nice younger bulls that I think you will see a lot of on the PBR tour in the next couple years.
    If you need any Equip. Let me know.
    Dan
  • Options
    usar1usar1 Member Posts: 405 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Rode Bulls when i was younger, mostly local rodeos, got sidelined with a shoulder injury 5 years ago have not rode since.
    Still go to rodeos though and get the itch to get back on but i'm not as young as i used to be.
    Last rodeo i went to ended up playing a game of Bull Hockey and got thrown in the air and ran over by the Bull.
  • Options
    bull300wsmbull300wsm Member Posts: 3,289
    edited November -1
    Danlitle..My Dad is Ken Bowland, He rodeoed in the Fifties, Sixties and Seventies. He is 75 and still starts his own colts. He rodeoed with Ronnie Rossen and Jim Jones and Dallas Chartier to name a few.
  • Options
    11b6r11b6r Member Posts: 16,588 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If you are ever in Colorado Springs, the PRCA Hall of Fame is right off I-25. Worth a visit.
  • Options
    danlittledanlittle Member Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    bull300wsm,
    If you get time ask your dad if he knew my stepdad Chuck Marrs or Carole Marrs, Chuck Rode Bulls, Bulldogged, & fought bulls & funnyman.
    He rodeoed in the 50s, 60s, & 70s. Carole {my Mom} run barrells thru the same time frame. I started in 1973 , in 1994 {Roughstock World productions} made a video out of me called UNDERSTANDING BULLRIDING it was & is still sold nationwide.
    I rode bulls , *, & a few saddle bronc's , I stilll announce rodeo's in the IPRA, & the MRCA, URA.
    I also put on about 5 schools a year {bullriding} you might have seen one of the guys I helped teach to ride on the PBR tour {Luke Snyder}
    I have a lot of friends that are gold card holders in the PRCA, Pat Hansel from Arcadia, Fla. He was a stock Contractor for years.
    I was the first person to ride 108 of Pats string, You might know him better as Grasshopper His brand was 108, I rode him in Lakeland Fla in 1976 at a highschool rodeo. Ps I won the bounty on him , Pat had to give me the 500.00 bounty private because at the time the NHSRA would not allow Money payback, Boy, am I glad that changed.
    Dan