In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Carrying on a motorcycle

fu007danfu007dan Member Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited April 2008 in General Discussion
Is it considered concealed if you have your handgun in your backpack while on a motorcycle? My motorcycle is my only form of transportation these days, and I live in Florida.

Comments

• Options
    remingtonoaksremingtonoaks Member Posts: 26,251 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    i would check with your local authorities. were i live if its not in plain sight, or in a case, or in a locked box, trunk, etc. its considered concealed. i can even strap it on my side and drive my bike down main street and be o.k. every state has different laws
  • Options
    fu007danfu007dan Member Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    No other helpful info from anyone else in Florida? I looked through every state statute I could find and couldn't fine anything helpful, other than finding out open carry was out of the question. [xx(]
  • Options
    A J ChristA J Christ Member Posts: 7,534
    edited November -1
    I ride a lot.

I carry it on your person, not on the bike. What if you get seperated from the bike? Then you will be seperated from your weapon. In cooler weather when you wear a jacket, a shoulder holster works good, when warmer and not wearing a jacket, IWB holster works for me. IWB holster pistol fo me is a Glock 23 or a Ruger SP 101. Shoulder holster carry is a Python or Smith 1076.