In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
I know how many times this has been up but lets take a quick survey of how many are totaly against registration and how many are okay with it.
I am a law a biding citizen with no criminal background at all, I believe it's been 6 maybe 7 years since I had a speeding ticket and I am completely against the government having means to trace my guns.

*NO*

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent

Comments

• RUGERGUNZRUGERGUNZ Member Posts: 5,638 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I dont really mind the background check to buy guns, but realize it wont make much difference to a criminal who wants one anyways. But I am 100% definitely against them having a record of my guns. I do realize that they are compiling a record through the background checks no matter how many times they say that the information is not kept.

RUGER.jpg

"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." -- Sigmund Freud, General Introduction to Psychoanalysis
  • dheffleydheffley Member Posts: 25,000
    edited November -1
    I agree with Rugergunz. I don't want a criminal having a gun, so I don't mind a background check. I don't mind strict and harsh laws for crimes comitted with a gun. I don't mind age restrictions on gun purchases.

I don't, however, think the government has any business know what guns if any I have. A big NO to registration.

How you doin'!wolf_evil_smile_md_wht.gif
  • SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    RUGERGUNZ, it looks like you and I are in agreement at least.[:)]

I gotta log off for the night will check back tomorrow.

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent
  • muggstermuggster Member Posts: 420 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee...no![;)]

Muggster
  • FrOgFrOg Member Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I currently live in MD. Here to buy a handgun, you need to register it with the Sheriff's office. I hate to do it but what am I to do when I really want a pistol??

I figure that I'm moving out of this state in a year and a half and never returning. Does anyone think I'm making a huge mistake? I don't imagine this record following me around the country but I may be wrong.

Frog

divemed1sm.jpg

GO NAVY, BEAT ARMY
    edited November -1
    I wasn't aware any state laws had been passed to require registration within counties..??
    I'd say I would have to keep my pistols to myself, I wouldn't register them within the county and if it created a problem I would move.

• daddodaddo Member Posts: 3,408
    edited November -1
    Being owning guns is a "right" not given to us by any governed office but by being born an American, no one needs to know what I own and demand that I tell them or throw me in prison. Registration "is" gun control period!
    Background checks, if done properly and without delay is fine, but when a person must wait hours,days or weeks for the check,-that's "gun control" and infringement!
    Any law that prevents ANY American from owning a gun,even if he has a non violent felony conviction, or an altercation that happened many years before is "gun control" and unconstitutional.
    Put all criminals away by present laws and the problems would decrease. You can't make laws that will prevent a criminal from commiting a crime- that's why they are criminals.
    I have a record of all my guns, and if they are stolen, or I need to prove my gun was not involved in a crime, I will submit such information by my own accord willingly to aid in the investigation.
    I will not be handled like a criminal, while the real criminal is beating the system. I pass the floor! [:)]
  • muggstermuggster Member Posts: 420 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well said daddo

Muggster
  • flat8flat8 Member Posts: 887 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Against. Plain and simple. There is a big difference between needing permission to do/have something and to have the RIGHT to do/have something. Our government does not seem to understand this distinction - nor does the majority of the population.
  • 96harley96harley Member Posts: 3,992 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    NO

"Save the Whalers, they need jobs too."
  • Gibbs505Gibbs505 Member Posts: 3,175
    edited November -1
    No to registration, I am in favour of training for gun owners though. However it must be clear that it is fully open to all persons except for criminals.

Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it.
  • Rafter-SRafter-S Member Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Quote by flat8: Against. Plain and simple. There is a big difference between needing permission to do/have something and to have the RIGHT to do/have something. Our government does not seem to understand this distinction - nor does the majority of the population.

Very well said--clear and to the point.

Rafter-S
  • daddodaddo Member Posts: 3,408
    edited November -1
    I think having to train first before gun ownership is indeed another-"do this or you can't have a gun" gun control/permission law and infringement.[^]
  • H.S. 10-XH.S. 10-X Member Posts: 1,360 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    No, to gun registration. daddo, I couldn't agree with you more. I also am against permits to carry a concealed firearm. That is also a form of gun control. If you get past the instant background check, you should be able to carry a concealed firearm.

10x.jpgFort_Smith.gif
    "If I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know"- Kansas
  • pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    NO

The gene pool needs chlorine.
    edited November -1
    quote:Being owning guns is a "right" not given to us by any governed office but by being born an American, no one needs to know what I own and demand that I tell them or throw me in prison. Registration "is" gun control period!
    Background checks, if done properly and without delay is fine, but when a person must wait hours,days or weeks for the check,-that's "gun control" and infringement!
    Any law that prevents ANY American from owning a gun,even if he has a non violent felony conviction, or an altercation that happened many years before is "gun control" and unconstitutional.
    Put all criminals away by present laws and the problems would decrease. You can't make laws that will prevent a criminal from commiting a crime- that's why they are criminals.
    I have a record of all my guns, and if they are stolen, or I need to prove my gun was not involved in a crime, I will submit such information by my own accord willingly to aid in the investigation.
    I will not be handled like a criminal, while the real criminal is beating the system. I pass the floor!

didn't mean to get you fired up daddo, but great reply.....I bet if we made up a few signs and banners we could ship ou to congress to represent us...[:)]

• RugerNinerRugerNiner Member Posts: 12,636 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hell NO!
    Register Felons, Not Guns.

Jacksonville.gif
    sniper.gif Remember...Terrorist are attacking Civilians; Not the Government. Protect Yourself!
    http://www.awbansunset.com/
    Keep your Powder dry and your Musket well oiled.
    NRA Lifetime Benefactor Member.
  • Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,867 ***** Forums Admin
    edited November -1
    NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO!

Now what was the question? Oh yeah, gun registration? To that I'd just have to say NO![:D]

Aberdeen.gif
    81st FA BN WWII...Thanks Dad
    U!S!A! ALL THE WAY!!
  • Night StalkerNight Stalker Member Posts: 11,967
    edited November -1
    NO! Resgistration is but the first step.......

NSDQ!

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me."
  • houndog55houndog55 Member Posts: 108 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    NO never.First they register them and then they grab them.

David Collins
  • BOBBYWINSBOBBYWINS Member Posts: 7,810
    edited November -1
    Nope!!

BW

IT'S WHAT PEOPLE KNOW ABOUT THEMSELVES THAT MAKES THEM AFRAID.
  • ruger270manruger270man Member Posts: 9,361 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    NOPE, there shouldn't be any regulation.

Except maybe like Grenade Launchers and SAM's.. not too sure what I think about those types of things though.

But full-auto and silencers should be fair game for everyone.

GWB_logo_100.gifGWB_logo_100.gifGWB_logo_100.gifErie.gif
    banner-small.jpg
    www.awbansunset.com
  • Cyberdyne systemsCyberdyne systems Member Posts: 427 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    no, I dont believe in registration! I wont own a gun that requires registration.

"FREEDOM ISNT FREE"
  • jpwolfjpwolf Member Posts: 9,164
    edited November -1
    Cyberdyne, that is precisely the "infringement" you are supposed to be guaranteed against!
    To all who say background check is ok. Criminals do not go through the BC. That is how they get guns anyway. The BC is only a means of registration for us.
    Now if our government was honest... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    It's been awhile since that was the case.
    IE: Should we test atomic weapons near population centers? Yes! Just tell them it's ok and deny that their cancer has anything to do with us. Oh geez, there are hundreds of examples...
    Why do we allow it?

"If there must be trouble let it be in my day, that my child may have peace" -Thomas Paine

If the people have become so apathetic that they will not vote out all the liberal scum (republican and democrat alike), the only solution is Constitutional Convention II the sequel. Let's get it right this time.
    edited November -1
    okay, we all agree so what can we do?

I believe I have only purchased 4 maybe 5 guns that required registration. Sure have bought a lot through the mini merchant and classified ads though plus I got more into really old guns.
    I have found a fee dealers that can somehow get around registration, don't ask me how they just do it. I figure the guns must not have any ties to them, like they purchased from individuals or something like that.

Let's hear how we get rid of registration...

• Red223Red223 Member Posts: 7,946
    edited November -1
    My firearms are on everyone's databases, ATF, FBI, even the Department of Defense now keeps a log of privately owned firearms on everyone whom registers them on a military base- that information is shared. The Pennsylvania State Police also illegally keep track of your firearms purchases, when they come up to my vehicle they are shaking and have their hands on their sidearms....

When the DC sniper thing happened....how did they know who's houses to go to when they were going to everyones houses that had AR15's in the surrounding area?

kabalogoshadowed.gif
  • nunnnunn Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 36,062 ******
    edited November -1
    Register my guns?

WHAT guns?

SIG pistol armorer/FFL Dealer/Full time Peace Officer, Moderator of General Discussion Board on Gunbroker. Visit www.gunbroker.com the best gun auction site on the Net! Email davidnunn@texoma.net
  • toolmaniamtoolmaniam Member Posts: 3,213
    edited November -1
    NO WAY JOSE![}:)]

A dead intruder cannot testify against you in a court of law!

If they're still moving, put another round in them!

P239n_Beauty.gif
  • 0311marine0311marine Member Posts: 3,233
    edited November -1
    NO WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sspic.jpgPistol-01.gif
    sealriverth.jpgdk_marinereconth.jpg
    SEMPER FI
  • A J ChristA J Christ Member Posts: 7,534
    edited November -1