In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

AR question

TrupoBPTTrupoBPT Member Posts: 381 ✭✭✭
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
I have the standard A2 flash hider what would be a good aftermarket upgrade? I want something that wont affect accuracy and will keep the muzzle down... And I don't want to buy on looks alone without any input...

Comments

• TrupoBPTTrupoBPT Member Posts: 381 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If I Won A Multi pak of Ar Lowers (5)
    And they Are Shipped to an FFL Together
    Do they Require Seperate Transfer Fees ????
    edited November -1
    What Do you use to Clean Off the Sticky Lube Slop that Came on it?
    its Like STP!!!
    edited November -1
    Shot My 1st One tonite
    .223 Bushmaster
    Muzzle Brake...16 " Barrel
    Damn are they all Ear Splitters Or ?
    Not Enjoyable At all[:(]
    Negligable Recoil
    Downright Hurt my Left ear[:(!]
    edited November -1
    Who makes the second best AR? Assuming Colt makes the best.
    edited November -1
    I posted this in the ask the experts forum and it is getting ready to get locked. I still would like input to help in my desition.

I am looking to buy a plain AR with no tactical add ons. I want as close as possible to the M-16-A1's that I shot in the Army. If possible I even want the triangle foregrip rather than the round that came on the A2 models.

My question is: Which brand do you recomend? And why? I am looking at around the $850 range and just want to make sure I get the most for my money.

http://forums.gunbroker.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=210391
    edited November -1
    As i stared at my lower parts kit yesterday i noticed something. being a curious lil guy i need to know how things work. it appears to me that if i left the sear off the trigger before installing it in a lower receiver, it would operate as full auto. any body else notice this? the sear serves to stop the hammer, but if it werent ther the only way to stop it would be to release the trigger. what do you think. NO, I WOULD NEVER DO IT!!!!!!!1

SGT USMC

The greatest happiness is to see your enemy scattered before you, to see his village in ashes, and to gather to your bed his wives and daughters.-Genghis Khan 1226
    edited November -1
    I was shooting in some light rain/snow this evening and Im gonna strip my AR down and clean it. Im not even sure if I have to be but Im a little worried about the gas port area under the handguard. Do I really need one of thse special tools to get it off??? If not, then how is it done??

Thanks,
    edited November -1
    Why do people order AR's or any other gun is it cheaper, I ask because where I live the gun stores are full of AR's,Glocks,1911's,etc.
    edited November -1
    Approx 7 years ago I did some trading with a friend. On my end I received a Colt AR15 ser. # 065XXX. It did not come with the box. It says by the mag. that is a sporter hvy barrel. How can I tell if it is pre ban and what model it is? Is it correct to assume that since it is a heavy barrel that it has A2 sights? Since it has a carry handle it is not a flat top?? Obviously in my opinion I have a wonderful black gun in great shape, the only problem is that I don't know exactly what it is Thanks.

T67
    edited November -1
    Anyone here put the 50BMG upper on an AR 15 lower?

Any the results were [?]
    edited November -1
    What the best bang for the buck with AR'S? Never owned a black rifle and nows the time I feel.

For the money & service which do you recommend most?

Thanks.
    Joel
    edited November -1
    I know nothing about AR's, never had one.

But I think I need to get one before the next election.
    I can get a Ptac with loads of ammo {2000rds} and 20 pmags locally
    {no sales tax, shipping, waiting} for $1400.
    most of the ammo is cheaper import, but some good stuff too.

What rifling rate does the Ptac's have and are they decent guns??
    Not looking for a super target gun, just something to have in the
    gun locker "in case".
    Here is the add:

""New PTac AR 15 comes with 2000+ rounds, 20 loaded Mags, laser bore sight, iron sight carry handle, bore snake. Front grip has very bright tactical flashlight/strobe and laser sight built into grip. Does not come with ACOG for only $1500 OBO over $2700 in all!""

What say you???
    edited November -1
    Could a guy just take a select fire bottom and put it on any ol' top and make it a full auto?
    edited November -1
    Looking at buying a bushmaster ar15 9mm. Could I change the upper to a 223 or any other caliber? I know nothing about ar's. Would it be something I could(without gunsmithing)
    thanks
    edited November -1
    How do I remove the telescopic stock from my Panther? I bought a Magpul that I would like to install tonight.
  • BaseJumperBaseJumper Member Posts: 5,570
    edited November -1
    requires more pieces than that.
  • quickmajikquickmajik Member Posts: 15,576 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The AR-15 bolt carrier wont work in FA rifles very well.
  • mark christianmark christian Member Posts: 24,453 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You'd need an M16 bolt carrier to allow for automatic fire:
    [img][/img][IMG][/img]CColtboltassemblies1.jpg

Top to Bottom: Colt AR-15 (for lower blocked receiver), AR-15, M16
  • matwormatwor Member Posts: 20,594
    edited November -1
    Man Mark, its good to have you back.[:D][:D]
  • A J ChristA J Christ Member Posts: 7,534
    edited November -1
    Well kinda, maybe. Depends on the bolt carrier.