In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Whattaya Think Of This Quote?

robomanroboman Member Posts: 6,436
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
Inspiring? Lame? Cool?

"No matter how flawless you think you are, failure will greet you often and rudely. In every aspect of life, failure will be waiting for the right moment to demoralize you and grind away your determination. Never let failure win the battle of spirit and resoluteness. The only weapon one can wield against failure is the torch of perseverence. The minute you let this torch extinguish is when the failure has overtaken you and you have truly been defeated."

If you can tell me who came up with this quote I'll give you a prize [:D].

signew.JPG

"The light that burns twice as bright burns half as long..."

Comments

• Colt SuperColt Super Member Posts: 31,007
    edited November -1
    I said it in a sales meeting I conducted for Goodyear Tire and Rubber, on May 13, 1970.

What's my prize?

God Bless America and...
    NEVER Forget WACO
    NEVER, EVER Forget 911
  • gap1916gap1916 Member Posts: 4,977
    edited November -1
    Thomas Jefferson? [8D] OK the term weapon was not used in TJ time. I will switch and say Patton?

Greg
    Former
    USMC
    ANGLICO
  • fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    sounds like Abe to me.
  • bigdaddyjuniorbigdaddyjunior Member Posts: 11,233
    edited November -1
    Sounds like Lenin or maybe Hitler. One of those guys that got the crap beat out of them before taking control and killing everyone.

040103cowboy_shooting_one_gun_md_clr_prv.gifBig Daddy my heros have always been cowboys,they still are it seems
  • robomanroboman Member Posts: 6,436
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bigdaddyjunior
    Sounds like Lenin or maybe Hitler. One of those guys that got the crap beat out of them before taking control and killing everyone.

[:0][:0]

Boy are you going to laugh when I tell you who it's by then!

signew.JPG

edited November -1
    Ghandi

040103cowboy_shooting_one_gun_md_clr_prv.gifBig Daddy my heros have always been cowboys,they still are it seems
  • REBJrREBJr Member Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Lame, WGAF who said it?
    -Ralph

In the demonstable absence of evolutionary perfection, if some calamity is not to occur, we shall have to learn to live with ourselves as we are. Fast. -Tattersall
  • TOOLS1TOOLS1 Member Posts: 6,133
    edited November -1
    It was said by Doug Wilson. During a sales meeting at Goodyear tire. Some time around 1970.
    TOOLS

General TOOLS RRG

Don't go blaming the beer. Hank Hill

So much Ice, So much Beer. So little time. Shooter4

I don't have an anger problem. I have an idiot problem. Hank Hill

When I was a child, I thought as a child. But now that I am grown, I just wish I could act like a child and get away with it.
    edited November -1
    Tools is everywhere!

edited November -1
    Alright fine fine here's the answer.

ME!

It was a bit of a trick question, but I did indeed come up with that. The quote is an excerpt from a speech I gave as salutatorian of my class. I was just curious as to who would be named.

I can throw the entire speech into a post in case anyone cares or is curious.

signew.JPG

edited November -1
    Ok so I was right the first time except you have yet to take over and kill everyone, but I'm sure you've had the crap beat out of you!

edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bigdaddyjunior
    Ok so I was right the first time except you have yet to take over and kill everyone, but I'm sure you've had the crap beat out of you!

Interestingly enough I've never been in a fight really. I've gotten the crap kicked out of me while playing sports however [^].

signew.JPG

edited November -1
    Well give it time young man. All things come to he who waits.

• trooperchintrooperchin Member Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    But did you woop any *?[^]

sniper.gif
    koreaAnim.gifUN.bmp

Go Army Beat Navy
    IF you wanna have fun join the cavalry
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by trooperchin
    But did you woop any *?[^]

In sports? You're goshdarn right I did! You're talking to a two-time Maine State Soccer All-Star Goalkeeper. One of eight goalies in all of Maine for two years running. A two-time team MVP in soccer who broke 6 team records. I got 10 trophies sitting in my room, as well as some plaques.

[:D][:D]

signew.JPG

• TOOLS1TOOLS1 Member Posts: 6,133
    edited November -1
    I once had a soccer mom tell me. Baseball was too dangerious.[:0][xx(]
    Sorta sums up Soccer.[B)][:D]
    TOOLS

General TOOLS RRG

Don't go blaming the beer. Hank Hill

So much Ice, So much Beer. So little time. Shooter4

I don't have an anger problem. I have an idiot problem. Hank Hill

When I was a child, I thought as a child. But now that I am grown, I just wish I could act like a child and get away with it.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by TOOLS1
    I once had a soccer mom tell me. Baseball was too dangerious.[:0][xx(]
    Sorta sums up Soccer.[B)][:D]
    TOOLS

I can see why baseball is so dangerous. You might develop blood clots because of all that standing around in a field idly! [:0][:0][:D]

signew.JPG

• Colt SuperColt Super Member Posts: 31,007
    edited November -1
    Nobody who has ever played soccer could say that.

God Bless America and...
    NEVER Forget WACO
    NEVER, EVER Forget 911
  • Queen of SwordsQueen of Swords Member Posts: 14,355
    edited November -1
    Dang, sounds like the story of my life! I'm always waiting for that 'other shoe' to drop...
    Charlotte did soccer for a year. I thought I would lose my mind watching her games. Like my friend Tito sez, "Put the kids on ice skates and give them sticks, and you might have something resembling a sport....."

"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it that the former does not submit to hereditary predjudices, but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence." - Albert E.

On my tombstone:"Keep you eyes on the road, your hands upon the wheel..."the Lizard King
  • ndbillyndbilly Member Posts: 1,573 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I sacrifice a goat every lunar cycle in thanksgiving that neither of my children were enamored of soccer. Suffered through one season with each of them. I weep at the memory of how painful it was to watch.
  • Queen of SwordsQueen of Swords Member Posts: 14,355
    edited November -1
    Charlotte is playing basketball this year. Being that she was blessed with her mother's short status, she isn't a prolific scorer, but she sure is scrappy under the rim. Shades of mom....

"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it that the former does not submit to hereditary predjudices, but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence." - Albert E.

On my tombstone:"Keep you eyes on the road, your hands upon the wheel..."the Lizard King