In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

GO OLD DUDES!!!

Queen of SwordsQueen of Swords Member Posts: 14,355
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
Remember the group "The Alarm" from the 80's? I'm not surprised, I haven't thought about them for some 20 years, since I was in college.
ANyhow, the band has a new albumn out, told their "hard-core" fans to go out and buy their albumn (oops! I am again dating myself, their CD), made a video of their single from the albumn, using 20 year old boys lip-syncing(sp.) to their vocals.
Guess what? THe single has made an appearance on this week's "Top 30".

"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it that the former does not submit to hereditary predjudices, but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence." - Albert E.

On my tombstone:"Keep you eyes on the road, your hands upon the wheel..."the Lizard King

Comments

• TOOLS1TOOLS1 Member Posts: 6,133
    edited November -1
    The Alarm? never heard of them. Name one of there hits?
    TOOLS

General TOOLS RRG

Don't go blaming the beer. Hank Hill

So much Ice, So much Beer. So little time. Shooter4

I don't have an anger problem. I have an idiot problem. Hank Hill

When I was a child, I thought as a child. But now that I am grown, I just wish I could act like a child and get away with it.
  • bigdaddyjuniorbigdaddyjunior Member Posts: 11,233
    edited November -1
    I turned the radio off in 1979. Haven't turned it back on yet.

040103cowboy_shooting_one_gun_md_clr_prv.gifBig Daddy my heros have always been cowboys,they still are it seems
  • Big Sky RedneckBig Sky Redneck Member Posts: 19,752 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    B-daddy, isnt when they quit playing Bee Gees music? You still upset over that[:D][:D]

line2.gif
    email2b.gif
    hillbilly.gif
  • FrogdogFrogdog Member Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sorry, I was too small to reach the radio back then.
  • DancesWithSheepDancesWithSheep Member Posts: 12,938 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I believe The Alarm used to open for the Village People. And I mean that literally.
  • Queen of SwordsQueen of Swords Member Posts: 14,355
    edited November -1
    Missing the point? A bunch of fat (and I saw the pictures), 40-something rockers who were "one hit wonders" during the 80's, like so many 80's bands were, repackage their music under the guise of a 20-something band called "the Poppyseeds", and they kick * on the British charts. Not to say that the Alarm was the second coming of the Beatles , but the irony of style over substance begs to be considered.

"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it that the former does not submit to hereditary predjudices, but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence." - Albert E.

On my tombstone:"Keep you eyes on the road, your hands upon the wheel..."the Lizard King