In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Now I get to wait up.......not cool!

Locust ForkLocust Fork Member Posts: 31,914 ✭✭✭✭
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
Somehow a friend of my oldest was stranded by his buddies......and my daughter's answer was to bring him HERE! He was calling around trying to find someone to come get him. At 10:15 I just told her to take him home. She said he would put gas in my car....but that won't change the crappy first impression I have of him. If this is some boy she is currently desperately after I will NOT be happy.

(I might be a little "harsh" right now....but I was ready for bed and really don't like this.....he could....possibly....very unlikely....be a decent guy.)
LOCUST FORK CURRENT AUCTIONS: https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Sort=13&IncludeSellers=618902&PageSize=48 Listings added every Thursday! We do consignments, contact us at mckaygunsales@gmail.com

Comments

• pietro75pietro75 Member Posts: 7,048
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Locust Fork
    Somehow a friend of my oldest was stranded by his buddies......and my daughter's answer was to bring him HERE! He was calling around trying to find someone to come get him. At 10:15 I just told her to take him home. She said he would put gas in my car....but that won't change the crappy first impression I have of him. If this is some boy she is currently desperately after I will NOT be happy.

(I might be a little "harsh" right now....but I was ready for bed and really don't like this.....he could....possibly....very unlikely....be a decent guy.)

If you were that worried about him, you would have drove him home, bedtime or not.
    If he is a friend of your sons then he would have big brother to deal with.

If she wasn't interested in him there is no way she would have been interested in giving him a ride home! BOTTOM LINE!

I would be a wreck also, good luck!
  • Mr. FriendlyMr. Friendly Member Posts: 7,981
    edited November -1
    No offense but you sure seem to get yourself into some drama with your oldest. Sometimes a person needs to be a parent, and less of a buddy. Not a knock, just an observation
  • Locust ForkLocust Fork Member Posts: 31,914 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm not worried about him. He didn't seem like trouble....kind of quiet....Abecrombie slave to the masses look to him. She just likes to go go go go go and if anyone needs a ride she is THERE. If someone is working and they ask her to come by.....she is desperate to get out the door. I just don't know how much I am supposed to put up with. I also don't like having to figure out the details. She has been good for a long long time now.....but I haven't loosened my grip from back when she was up to no good. I have to know ALL the details about people....see their homes....meet their family....and I still will smell their breath and check their pupils out of habit. She thinks I am crazy....and I'm ok with that.
    LOCUST FORK CURRENT AUCTIONS: https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Sort=13&IncludeSellers=618902&PageSize=48 Listings added every Thursday! We do consignments, contact us at mckaygunsales@gmail.com
  • LesWVaLesWVa Member Posts: 10,490 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Todesengel
    No offense but you sure seem to get yourself into some drama with your oldest. Sometimes a person needs to be a parent, and less of a buddy. Not a knock, just an observation

Have a friend that came to that conclusion a little to late.

She buried her youngest daughter (22) whom died from a drug overdose while she was at some party. The first time and last time she ever did drugs.

Mother always let the kid do what she wanted, run around with whomever she wanted and you would always here her say things about how they were more like "Best Friends" than Mother and Daughter.

Now all you here is the mother saying she wished that she was more of a mother to her daughter. Got news for you honey..

IT'S TO LATE NOW TO BE A MOTHER!!
  • Jacob2008Jacob2008 Member Posts: 19,528 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You aren't crazy. Buckle down and just say NO. Sure, she'll hate you for a week. I mean, im no where near the real world, I still live at home, but I pay for most everything I get. Food, housing, and electric, water, heat, ac is what I am provided.. and clothes, but im slowly depending on myself more and more..
    I wanted a fish, I bought it... I buy his food, I pay for my phone bill, I paid for my phone, I paid for my surround sound, I got my TV for Christmas, I bought my muzzle loader, The others were passed down, or I had help in getting em.. [;)].. Damn things all sunk to the bottom of the Missouri river though.

If I asked dad for big things, that I do not NEED, he normally me what I will do to earn it, how much I can pay, whatever. I cut grass, do leaves, spread mulch, cut trees, wash cars, clean his truck out (BIGGG mess, if you know any construction guys.. its IMPOSSIBLE to get the grease out of his bed...) hang siding, sweep, clean the garage, pick up sticks, whatever I can do.. Im not deprived, but he taught me you don't get anything for FREE. I used to be SO mad at him cause he wouldn't get me a phone like everyone else had, or whatever. Its not important when you think about it. Sure its nice to have, but its not important. Im GLAD he made me buy my own. It gets expensive if misused.

Does she still have her job? Make her pay for gas, car repairs, cell phone, whatever. Let me take care of her for a week, She'll HATE me.. Oh man would she ever hate me.

People do give me help once in a while. I am NOT saying I am little mister perfect and bought EVERYTHING I have, but my point is, once she isn't under your wing any more, will she be able to take care of herself?
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by LesWVa
    quote:Originally posted by Todesengel

Have a friend that came to that conclusion a little to late.

She buried her youngest daughter (22) whom died from a drug overdose while she was at some party. The first time and last time she ever did drugs.

Mother always let the kid do what she wanted, run around with whomever she wanted and you would always here her say things about how they were more like "Best Friends" than Mother and Daughter.

Now all you here is the mother saying she wished that she was more of a mother to her daughter. Got news for you honey..

IT'S TO LATE NOW TO BE A MOTHER!!

It only takes once. Just like it only takes once to have a kid.

Its never to late to be a parent. I think LF is a fine parent, but her kid seem to have a way they con her into getting what they want.. Maybe its just annoy her until she caves, im not sure.
    edited November -1
    I never understood the "buddy" parents either....I can't stand to see the shopping, gossiping, texting each other sets of freaky people you run into from time to time. I don't need to know all the details of EVERY child like I were one of the crowd....I just want to know what is going on with MY child. I am pretty good at spotting crap.....but I want to get my kids where they think more of themselves than to associate with certain types. I would like it if I didn't feel like I have to give these people my approval....but know that my children can choose friends wisely.
    edited November -1
    Yes....she is still working. They only gave her two days this week. She will realize how hard that is when her check gets here and she only has gas money for whatever hours she can beg them for next time.

I haven't been giving her money lately. I don't have it to give to her. Everything I get my hands on goes directly toward getting the store going. I think she finally "gets it" as far as me not being able to give her anything. That took some work though. Gas money....food money....(I thought it was funny when she came home STARVING from working at McDonalds because she didn't have any money to buy food.)

Tonite.....she just showed up with this GUY. He was dropped off by a friend at the little strip mall in our little town....they all hang out at Subway on the weekends. Its just kids....nothing bad goes on up there. It is in the middle of town, across from the school, well lit and they behave up there. His buddies didn't come back to get him. Of course she is going to volunteer! That means she gets to go go go.
    edited November -1
    Yes....she is still working. They only gave her two days this week. She will realize how hard that is when her check gets here and she only has gas money for whatever hours she can beg them for next time.

I haven't been giving her money lately. I don't have it to give to her. Everything I get my hands on goes directly toward getting the store going. I think she finally "gets it" as far as me not being able to give her anything. That took some work though. Gas money....food money....(I thought it was funny when she came home STARVING from working at McDonalds because she didn't have any money to buy food.)

Tonite.....she just showed up with this GUY. He was dropped off by a friend at the little strip mall in our little town....they all hang out at Subway on the weekends. Its just kids....nothing bad goes on up there. It is in the middle of town, across from the school, well lit and they behave up there. His buddies didn't come back to get him. Of course she is going to volunteer! That means she gets to go go go.
    They get one free meal up to I think its $5.00 when they are there... Or, they do here and every town around here.
    edited November -1
    She eats like a pro-football player......you would never guess to look at her, but it will catch up to her one day. It did with me! I swear....I am soooo tired. I called and she said the boy's Mom talked to her for a minute and thanked her for taking him home.....I could have just pulled her through the phone. It is 11:40 and some mother was talking to you....I don't like that mother. Get home girly!
  • nunnnunn Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 36,063 ******
    edited November -1
    Our difficulties are pretty much of our own making.
  • spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,717 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    so some strangers problems become your problems late at night...you will regret the lack of definite boundaries and drawing the line on discipline.......you are becoming a good co-dependent & enabler
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    Do not let her become a TAXI for her friends..[:0]
    edited November -1
    That is exactly what it will become Classic! Thats how kids are around here anyways.

A ride (meaning one or two) is one thing, but when they scream bah bah black sheep and your daughter runs to the rescue, its gonna end up costing a LOT in gas. What if she wrecks while taking someone somewhere? She could have been home with her car safe and secure.

Shes a great kid, im sure of it, but you gotta assume the worst sometimes.

Great kids, great mom, dirty rooms, no gas. WOO!
  • ruger41ruger41 Member Posts: 14,665 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Anyone think to have the kid call HIS fricken parents to come get him--LF you OR your daughter are not a taxi service-especially to some kid you don't even know at 10pm at night. Almost sounds fishy like your daughter is being sneaky.
  • MossbergboogieMossbergboogie Member Posts: 12,211
    edited November -1
    Sounds to me like someone needs a job.
  • JustCJustC Member Posts: 16,056 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    brings to mind the saying..... "chaos magnet"
    edited November -1
    She is so funny. She has no clue why she is grounded. Oh to be a teenager....life would be so full if we could only go back and live THOSE years again!
    edited November -1
    So, why is she grounded? [:D]
  • Queen of SwordsQueen of Swords Member Posts: 14,355
    edited November -1
    She is so funny. She has no clue why she is grounded. Oh to be a teenager....life would be so full if we could only go back and live THOSE years again!

Therein lies your ongoing problem. You want her to be a the teenager your were, or would have been, had you YOURSELF as your mother.