In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Okay,now I've had it....

Queen of SwordsQueen of Swords Member Posts: 14,355
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
Have been going on home visits for about a year at the home of the "parent's" parents. Mother (20), of the baby, who is 10 months old, stated in our initial interview that paternal grand father had done time for sexually abusing 2 minors. Father of the baby's 30 year old brother is currently serving time in prison for raping a 12 year olf girl. Asked NYSCPS to investigate grandfather, they stated that they came up with nothing. Spoke to maternal grandmother, she stated that sentincing and time served occured in the state of California. Asked NYS CPS if they could access records in the state of California. I was told that you cannot access sex offender registries over all state lines, and in California it was on a county to county basis. Tried to access State of California Sex Abuse Registry. Accessed site, but to research Person 1.) will cost $10/ Person 2.) $20./2 persons. I am completely agog. You mean to tell me that a state would prefer to hold information for a fee, rather than give the general public access to it and thereby protect themselves and their loved ones?

"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it that the former does not submit to hereditary predjudices, but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence." - Albert E.

On my tombstone:"Keep you eyes on the road, your hands upon the wheel..."the Lizard King

Comments

• punchiepunchie Member Posts: 2,792
    edited November -1
    There is virtually nothing that Kalifornia does that would surprise me. Do you mean you couldn't access this info in an 'Official' capacity pertaining to the welfare of an infant? Now that I would find surprising.

Cartoon_truck.gif

AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY<P>
  • FrancFFrancF Member Posts: 35,278 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    What part of CA? The media here will tell you if a sex offender is moving to your area. Thought "Megans Law" (sp) allowed you to do that?

gun.gif
    Those who live by the
    sword get shot by those who don't.

[img][/img]Santa_Cruz.gif
  • Queen of SwordsQueen of Swords Member Posts: 14,355
    edited November -1
    Attempted to visit office of the attorney generals of California, in an official capacity, as a mandated reporter of child abuse In NYS, information on 3rd level sex offenders is a matter of public knowledge, look it up yourself.

"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it that the former does not submit to hereditary predjudices, but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence." - Albert E.

On my tombstone:"Keep you eyes on the road, your hands upon the wheel..."the Lizard King
    edited November -1
    Am I way out of line? I find it totally incomprehensible (not tomention unethical) that someone would CHARGE A FEE for this information.....

• pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    They have found a way to tack some sort of "fee" on everything. [:(!] [:(!] [:(!]

The gene pool needs chlorine.
    edited November -1
    But on a real and everyday level, I am scared s^&%less about what is happening to this little girl in the meanime.