In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

For ALL (of us) who are ashamed..........

MaxOHMSMaxOHMS Member Posts: 14,715
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
.... fellers- we have ALL been there.
If we did not go with her and get together to do the "thing", then we did in our heart.

Yes, me too, and I am practically perfect.
[:D]

NOTHING in this life- NO PART OF IT, WHATSOEVER, is about getting it all right.

It is about MAKING it all right.

Sometimes that is a long and tough process.

We are tough.

We can get it done.

We are not quitters.

Take the road less traveled. It is not an easy one, but all the pretty flowers have not been trampled.

Nobody ever said it would be easy.

The prize is a great blessing you may feel just once in a while, or perhaps near continually.

The results are not the same for all.

One thing I will bet all my BB guns on:
THE REWARD IS TIED DIRECTLY TO THE EFFORT.

Fight the GOOD fight.

There is NOTHING more important in this life than our relationship with our creator and our spouse.

Thank You Ashamed Forgiven? for the wake-up call.

Happy Mother's Day!

Comments

• dav1965dav1965 Member Posts: 26,540 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    Mostly true.

But I will say that I have never been ashamed of anything I did even if it was wrong.

I see it this way:

There is no need to be ashamed for your misstakes because your misstakes and the learning prosses involved in them help chisel you into the person you are.

Once I learn of my misstakes I learn from them and make mental notes of how to hopefully never repeat the same misstake again.

And there is a difference between being sorry for your misstakes and being ashamed of them.[;)]
  • Bubba Jr.Bubba Jr. Member Posts: 8,301 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    .... fellers- we have ALL been there.
    If we did not go with her and get together to do the "thing", then we did in our heart.

You are painting a picture with too large of a brush. I HAVE NOT been there. And I suspect there are plenty of other men that have not been there also. When I was 14, Dad left us for another woman. I made a vow to myself then, that I would never subject my family to that if I ever got married. My wife and I will celebrate our 39th anniversary this year, and I can honestly say that I have upheld my vow and I have never even come close to disgracing our marriage. It hasn't always been smooth sailing, but we have a stronger marriage now than we have ever had. And I think my father setting the example that he did, made me realize what happens as a by-product of infidelity, to both your spouse and the rest of your family. Sometimes even a bad example can be constructive if the proper message is taken from the incident.
  • AmbroseAmbrose Member Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    We were both 19 when we were married. She died of breast cancer at 26. I was alone with two little kids, the oldest had just started school, and I knew that my good times were all gone. But I was wrong. I was 30 when we were married; she was 23. We have been married now for 41 years and in a total of 48 years of marriage I was never unfaithful. I think there have been opportunities but I don't know since I never persued them. I have no patience or understanding for infidelity--NONE! There are standards of behavior. Follow them.
  • MaxOHMSMaxOHMS Member Posts: 14,715
    edited November -1
    OK, so MOST all of us.

I was simply going by how many "reads" Remote Girl got.

Here's a question:
    How much drool has to drip off of your chin before you have been unfaithful to your wife?
  • searcher5searcher5 Member Posts: 13,511
    edited November -1
    Too many folks let their pecker control them, instead of the other way around.

Dog can't help humpin' another dog in heat. I like to thnk that humans are better. But they ain't. Mostly.
  • JorgeJorge Member Posts: 10,656 ✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Queen of SwordsQueen of Swords Member Posts: 14,355
    edited November -1
    Been on this side of the coin myself. Difference is, I never went through with anything, because in my mind, sex changes everything. What you might fantasise about is one thing, if you actually go through with the act is another. Let's not be naive. I may hate my boss, and spend my time day-dreaming of new ways to slowly torture him, but I never actually crossed the line into temporary psychopathology, because (survey sez) IT'S WRONG. Being unfaithful in the mind is one thing. This should be a signal that changes are needed at home, not a green light to infidelity.