In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

A somewhat personal testimony about death, and...

n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
Life after death. I thought I would pass this along to you guys. There are quite a few folks here that might appreciate this testimony.

I have a testimony for you. To make a long story short, my father became a Christian late in life, and he has now become a pastor. He pastors an independent Baptist church in northern Idaho. Well, I have two cousins that live about 3 hours away from where my parents now live, in Spokane (sp?) Washington. One of my cousins was involved in a very serious car accident about a week ago. His leg was crushed, and he suffered multiple other injuries. Tragically, he killed the driver of the other car. He was trying to pass someone and did not realize that there was another car in front of the car he was passing. He was unable to get back over, and thus the accident. My father contacted the young man's, who was killed, pastor and the pastor gave my father this testimony:

The young man who was killed had an elderly grandmother (83 years old, I believe) whom he was very close to. This grandmother claims that her grandson appeared to her, shortly after his death. I guess she was crying, b/c he told her not to cry and not to worry about him b/c he was now with Jesus. He then told her to tell his wife not to worry about him, b/c he was with Jesus, and went on to say she should pray hard and often b/c Jesus Christ is coming (returning) soon.

I thought this was a pretty neat testimony. I have no way to know for sure that it is true, but it is the account that the other pastor gave my father, and it could very well be. I just wanted to share this with you.

The other pastor was also a Baptist, so I doubt they are wacko's [:)]

Eric

All American Arms Company

Veteran Owned and Operated

Comments

• nunnnunn Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 36,062 ******
    edited November -1
    My ex-wife's grandmother died. She had a heart attack while her daughter and son-in-law (my in-laws) were visiting. Where she lived was out in the country, several miles from the nearest city where there was a hospital.

Father-in-law drove. Mother-in-law sat on the back seat, holding Grandma. Grandma was in considerable pain and she showed it. Her face was contorted and she had a hard time getting her breath.

All at once, her face softened as though the pain were gone. Her eyes opened wide, she smiled and said, "It's so beautiful!"

And she was gone.

SIG pistol armorer/FFL Dealer/Full time Peace Officer, Moderator of General Discussion Board on Gunbroker. Visit www.gunbroker.com the best gun auction site on the Net! Email davidnunn@texoma.net
  • Queen of SwordsQueen of Swords Member Posts: 14,355
    edited November -1
    I'm not trying to start an argument, as I fully believe that spirits can contact us if they so choose. I remember watching a tv investigative report about the 'life after death' phenomenon. they showed video of astronaut trainees in some sort of a machine that would simulate the g-forces that they might experience during their mission. Well, at some point during the experiment, when the g-forces were just wreaking havoc on these guys' anatomy and physiology, they all became disoriented and euphoric, claiming that they saw a bright light, the same sort of visions that 'life after death' experiencers describe, and then passed out. They surmised that it has something to do with lack of oxygen to the brain. I just thought it was really interesting.

"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it that the former does not submit to hereditary predjudices, but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence." - Albert E.

On my tombstone:"Keep you eyes on the road, your hands upon the wheel..."the Lizard King