In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

The funeral

dheffleydheffley Member Posts: 25,000
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
A cardiologist died and was given an elaborate funeral. A huge heart covered in flowers stood behind the casket during the service.

Following the eulogy, the heart opened, and the casket rolled inside. The heart then closed, sealing the doctor in the beautiful heart forever.

At that point, one of the mourners burst into laughter. When all eyes stared at him, he said, "I'm sorry, I was just thinking of my own funeral... I'm a gynecologist."

That's when the proctologist fainted

Delta.gif

tn_people112.gif

Comments

• dheffleydheffley Member Posts: 25,000
    edited November -1
    As a young minister, I was asked by a funeral director to hold a grave side service in a new cemetery for a derelict man with no family or friends who had died while traveling through the area.

The funeral was to be held way back in the country. This man would be the first to be laid to rest at this new cemetery.

As I was not familiar with the backwoods area, I became lost. Being the typical man I didn't stop for directions.

But when I finally arrived an hour late, I saw a crew and
    a backhoe, but the hearse was no where in sight. The workmen were eating lunch. I apologized to the workers for my tardiness, (who looked puzzled). I stepped to the side of the open grave, to find the vault lid already in place.

I assured the workers I would not hold them long, but this was the proper thing to do.

As the workers gathered around, still eating their lunch. I poured out my heart and soul. As I preached the workers began to say "Amen,. Praise the Lord and Glory!! (they must have been Baptist). I preached, and I preached, like I'd never preached before. I began from Genesis all the way to Revelation.

I preached for two hours and 45 minutes straight. It was a long and lengthy service. I closed in prayer and it was finished.

As I was walking to my car, I felt that I had done my duty and I would leave with a renewed sense of purpose and dedication, in spite of my tardiness. This man would rest in his peace.

As I was opening the door and taking off my coat. I overheard one of the workers saying to another. " Man!! I've been putting in these
    here septic tanks for nigh on to 20 years now, and I ain't NEVER seen
    anything like that before!!" [:D][:D]

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. Martin Luther King

volenti non fit injuria
    edited November -1
    Either she is a great actress, feeling a lot of guilt, or the death of Ronnie has sunk in.

She fell apart at the funeral. I hope what I saw was the real her not an act, and I think it was. I think now she had just become numb to his terminal illness and was shutting down emotionally to protect herself.

She told me she thought she was ready for him to die, but seeing him in the coffin proved she wasn't.
    edited November -1
    Paddy McFarland's best bud, his dog Argyle, dies and Paddy wants a fitting send off for his best friend. So, Paddy goes to St. Brigid's Church and asks Father O'Hanlon about arranging for a funeral Mass and service for Argyle.

Father O'Hanlon says, "Paddy, Paddy, Paddy... We don't do no funerals for any animals here in this church. maybe ya want to go down the road to the Baptists and ask them if they'll be favoring to have a service for your dog.

A bit disappointed, Paddy tells the priest, "Saints preserve us, Father, but I was willin' to give $5,000 to the church for me dog's funeral. Will them Baptist fellas do it for that little?

Father O'Hanlon snapped back "$5,000! $5,000! Ya willin' to give the church that much? Why of course we'll have a funeral! Ya never told me your friend was a Catholic!" [:0][:D]
  • jimdeerejimdeere Member, Moderator Posts: 26,025 ******
    edited November -1
    Remorseful, but for what reason?
  • p3skykingp3skyking Member Posts: 23,916 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    What a wonderful thing to share.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by p3skyking
    What a wonderful thing to share.

If you knew the whole story, you might understand. Since you don't, just ignore it and have a good day.
  • Marc1301Marc1301 Member Posts: 31,895 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Danny,....you were there to honor your friend's passing.
    That is really all that matters.[;)]
    "Beam me up Scotty, there's no intelligent life down here." - William Shatner
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Marc1301

And I did, as did many others who were there. I would just be untruthful to say that there wasn't a lot of doubt and animosity towards her and her actions of the last few months by those who loved him, and most of us were shocked to see a totally different person at the funeral. I feel bad about my feelings that is could have been for show, but I wasn't the only one including his children and his first wife.
  • Marc1301Marc1301 Member Posts: 31,895 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by dheffley

And I did, as did many others who were there. I would just be untruthful to say that there wasn't a lot of doubt and animosity towards her and her actions of the last few months by those who loved him, and most of us were shocked to see a totally different person at the funeral. I feel bad about my feelings that is could have been for show, but I wasn't the only one including his children and his first wife.

Unless you, or someone else comes up with some evidence, you will simply wonder forever.

I did read your initial thread, and know what you are referring to.
    Hopefully what you thought at first was not the case,......I hope.
    "Beam me up Scotty, there's no intelligent life down here." - William Shatner
    edited November -1
    Unless you, or someone else comes up with some evidence, you will simply wonder forever.

I did read your initial thread, and know what you are referring to.
    Hopefully what you thought at first was not the case,......I hope.

As of today, I do have my doubts, but after her actions, I just don't know if it's real or not. I know long term illness can do strange things to those trying to care for the sick person, and I hope that is the case here.

Either way, he was remembered by his friends, and his life was celebrated. I think that would have made him smile.
  • Queen of SwordsQueen of Swords Member Posts: 14,355
    edited November -1
    People grieve in different ways. You can't judge unless you have been there. Maybe they had a "pact" (which was my original thought), and she is just going through the motions in a way she feels she ought to. It's an awkward situation to be in, which is why I placed mine in the hands of my best friend rather than my family. I didn't want to burden them with it.