In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

RANT THREAD...

n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
edited June 2006 in General Discussion
Classic isnt home (trap night), I feel horrid ( started coughing, not sure if its allergies or what and just feel shi**y) ...was reading the forum and a couple of things popped out at me...so lets have it...This is the official rant thread and I dont care what it is, where, how or why....just get it off your chest....will do mine in a bit but please feel free to go first..

Comments

• Options
    dcon12dcon12 Member Posts: 31,954 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I can't stand whiners!!! Don
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Rant away BR...hope you get to feeling better!
  • Options
    jimbowbyjimbowby Member Posts: 3,496
    edited November -1
    [8D]--I don't understand it when people that I've pulled out of mud/rocks/dust--say "thanks" what is that?? (yellow Nissan Xterra-JIMBO
  • Options
    MosinNagantDiscipleMosinNagantDisciple Member Posts: 2,612
    edited November -1
    I hate people who walk slow when i'm in a hurry. I get this stabby feeling.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Havent been to the range in I dont know how long, and when I do go because of "other things" I dont get a chance to shoot that much...

Been working a bit too much, but at least I can tell him where to get off...(yes its that kind of a boss/employee/friends relationship

Wish PieceofPaper would get rid of that horrible, pain in the butt, movie clip as his signature...

Would be nice if ppl would stop quoting in the threads..Cripes those things get half a page long and if you dont know what the heck you are doing you end up putting your comment in the quote...Its hard enough to tell where one stops and the other starts, why do it???????

Enough for now..

I cant stand looking at the flippin temp everytime I read a thread so mine goes...I know how hot it is here, I dont need to read the damn thing..[xx(]
  • Options
    bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    A new boss with no rules, guidance, input or history asks why you did what you did six months ago and acts like you poured gas on a nursing home fire.
  • Options
    CubsloverCubslover Member Posts: 18,601 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ranting always make you feel better. Feel free to cut loose. Hope you feel better.
    Half of the lives they tell about me aren't true.
  • Options
    MosinNagantDiscipleMosinNagantDisciple Member Posts: 2,612
    edited November -1
    Blister packs. I hate those too. You know, the impossible-to-open plastic packaging that electronics come in. Those also make me feel stabby, except I usually end up stabbing myself trying to get the package open with a machete.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Blister packs are hated by everyone....whoever invented them needs to be shot and pi**ed on...

and yes this is me, I told ya all I was feeling horrid...

Ohhhh yes..ppl that enter a give away and then dont check to see if they won....
  • Options
    bigt7mmbigt7mm Member Posts: 4,705 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I hate guns. Whoever invented them should be shot and that right away.
  • Options
    FrancFFrancF Member Posts: 35,278 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I will spare the details, Yesterday we installed some forged bronze interior hand rails and grab rails in a highend home. All normal, thats what we do.

The home is not 3700 square feet but 37,000 square feet.
    ok- Large home, I can deal with that, not my money. The kicker is, it's a Family of-

• Options
    dolfandolfan Member Posts: 4,159
    edited November -1
    I hate that all the free open lands where I was able to shoot to my hearts content have all been closed thanks to development and the "Save the Everglades" crowd. All that is left are $15/hr indoor ranges, which of course don't allow steel core military surplus ammo, thereby making you pay top dollar for commercial loads.

Another thing that irks me is having to go 5mph max. in all those darn Manatee Zones in the Intercoastal. I've heard manatees taste like veal. Guess I'll find out if one gets in my way. (Joking)

I love cats, but my neighbor's cat, whom I've strongly advised to get fixed, just gave birth to 7 kittens. They're using my front yard as a litter box and driving my Yorkie nuts. They sure are cute, though.

Oh, least I forget, what's up the prices on Lugers? Its getting to the point that your last name has to be Gates in order to afford a decent one. Don't even get me started on military 1911s.

Hey BR, you asked for rants, rants is what you get.
  • Options
    bigt7mmbigt7mm Member Posts: 4,705 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Oh,and double bogeys. I hate those.

'Specially on a par 3.
  • Options
    Patriots sonPatriots son Member Posts: 915 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    A new boss that Knows nothing, then calls every five minutes to
    verify how to do somthing he should know.[:(] I usually am as vague
    as possible, i figure it will catch up to him soon.[}:)][:D]
  • Options
    tapwatertapwater Member Posts: 10,335 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    ....Top this..I bailed a kid out of three different jails in 6 days. If he didn't have a job, he could rot till his court dates. It's all traffic related. I feel like an enabling fool.

...OK, he's no kid. He's 25 and been tossed out of the USAF. Yea, I'm a real proud dad today.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    ....On a lighter note.....When did "actually" become part of almost every sentence? It's constantly interjected in places where it carries no weight at all. Listen to any radio jock or on-the-spot reporter, and it pops up constantly. Actually, it drives me nuts.
  • Options
    MVPMVP Member Posts: 25,074
    edited November -1
    I hate slow drivers in the left lane who insist on going the same speed as the right lane.
    I hate cell phone users in traffic who become oblivious to the traffic around them.
  • Options
    dcon12dcon12 Member Posts: 31,954 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by tapwater
    Actually, it drives me nuts.

What drives the rest? Don
  • Options
    fugawefugawe Member Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    People who think they know everything.....

they really bug those of us who do.
  • Options
    MVPMVP Member Posts: 25,074
    edited November -1
    When did Aks become a word?

Consantly being used in sentences.
    "Let me aks you sumthins"
  • Options
    edited November -1
    ....Don...You know the joke about the pirate with the steering wheel in his pants?
  • Options
    tacking1tacking1 Member Posts: 3,844
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by dcon12
    quote:Originally posted by tapwater
    Actually, it drives me nuts.

What drives the rest? Don

...and the judge from NC gives Don a "9.5"
  • Options
    spryorspryor Member Posts: 9,155
    edited November -1
    Twisted phone cords.lol
  • Options
    mateomasfeomateomasfeo Member Posts: 27,143
    edited November -1
  • Options
    tazzertazzer Member Posts: 16,837
    edited November -1
    people who pull out in front of you and then drive 40 mph in a 70 mph[:(!][:(!][:(!]
  • Options
    MossbergboogieMossbergboogie Member Posts: 12,211
    edited November -1
    Typically old people out for a sight seeing drive one of these times i am going to put them in the ditch where they belong.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    the fact that I am way better looking than mateo, but he is a lawyer...making him much more attractive to women like marguarita girl
  • Options
    mateomasfeomateomasfeo Member Posts: 27,143
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by tacking1
    the fact that I am way better looking than mateo, but he is a lawyer...making him much more attractive to women like marguarita girl

Mas feo, baby!!

[:D]
  • Options
    WarbirdsWarbirds Member Posts: 16,846 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The students drove me crazy today, they were being lazy and I just don't have patience for that. So starting tomorrow at 0545 I will begin down sizing this current class. They aren't going to enjoy it very much. Life is so much easier on everyone when the students don't try and irritate the instructors.

I also hate the preposition "at" when used at the end of a sentance. Such as "Where you at?"

I also have no idea when the last time I went shooting was.

I hate it when I don't two putt.

I'm still wondering why I'm not doing much of anything this weekend when I have 4 1/2 days off. Maybe I'll do some shooting.
  • Options
    JamesRKJamesRK Member Posts: 25,670 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    BR, not exactly a rant. Well, maybe a little one. I got into the habit of using the "reply with quote" thingie back when Shadow83 was posting here. He had a habit of after you reply to his post, he would edit his post, and make it look like your reply was mindless rambling. I hate it when somebody changes their post after I have replied to it. [V] [:D]
    The road to hell is paved with COMPROMISE.
  • Options
    PieceofpaperPieceofpaper Member Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by BlackRoses

Wish PieceofPaper would get rid of that horrible, pain in the butt, movie clip as his signature...[xx(]

I was getting tired of it too, I have the same sig on 2 other sites.

Changed it to a pic of my project ratrod.
  • Options
    11b6r11b6r Member Posts: 16,588 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I hate it when you get a really good buy on a really nice Milsurp rifle- and now find that two boxes of ammo will equal the purchase price of the rifle! Milsurp ammo is drying up faster than beer at an Airborne reunion. ARRRRGGGHHHH ! (Thanx- I feel much better now!)
  • Options
    fishkiller41fishkiller41 Member Posts: 50,608
    edited November -1
    I Cannot stand why the "Century Village" people cant tell they have MORE than 10 items in their basket !!! I wanna slap some moth-ball-smellin granny to the other lane !![:(!]!!
    I've heard manatees taste like veal. I happen to know that they taste like prime beef, or chicken....depends on the "cut"....(JK )
    Jeff
  • Options
    Veendam1Veendam1 Member Posts: 72 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ya know those electric scooters at Wal-Mart? All you see on them are people who should be walking some of their lard off! They should either restrict the use of those scooters to people with bona fide disabilities or be truthful and put "Wide Load" signs on them.[;)]
  • Options
    gclmemgclmem Member Posts: 346 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I just finished 2 days enslaved to WinXP that wouldn't work right. Microsoft wouldn't let me look for upgrades due to error code 0x8003191 which wsn'e explained anywhere on the MS website. My daughter dropped in (blonde) and suggested I take down my Zone Alarm firewall. Instant success. So we went out to lunch. My favorite curvy waitress was showing off a monster diamond with channel mounts too so another lost ogle. It must have been the last downloaded ZA secutity suite upgrade.

Then my backp harddrive software wouldn't load due to "a too active version of microsoft .NET runtime". No help online so I finally decided to delete my Microsoft Net Frammaker 2.0 so I could install again from Microsoft. When I went to remove the program I was given a choice to repair or remove. Tried repair. And now my harddrive software loads quick as anything.

Such a waste of 2 days
  • Options
    11BravoCrunchie11BravoCrunchie Member Posts: 33,423 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Old people who drive drunk on the wrong side of the road in the middle of a January blizzard with their cruise control set and then plow into you right in front of your house while you're slowing down to turn into your driveway, totally demolishing your car that you just put about $1200 worth of repairs into to make it driveable again, and then having to settle for $1900 from the insurance company and a truck that get's half the gas mileage that the car got before the old person ran into it.

Dumbazzes who write a paragraph-long sentence.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    when something (a kid) wakes me up at 4:30 when I could have slept to 5!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    tacking...
    Know that feeling all to well...[:(]
  • Options
    Queen of SwordsQueen of Swords Member Posts: 14,355
    edited November -1
    Parents who bring their children to restaurants and movie theaters, places where people pay decent money to enjoy a nice quiet evening without kids, and then don't keep them under control. They just let them run amok, oblivious to the fact that they might be annoying the other patrons, or occasionaly gazing at them, smiling, like they are just little gods on earth, and we should all feel blessed because they have allowed us the special treat of basking in their child's wonderfulness.
    And I'm a kid-person....but, geeze Clueless Joe, gimme a break.....
  • Options
    Queen of SwordsQueen of Swords Member Posts: 14,355
    edited November -1
    Spent 5 hours at the local ER yesterday. My youngest fell off his bike, and fractured his elbow. Arrived around 1 PM, where he was triaged and sent to a treatment room. Didn't even see another medical person until 3. Had to locate cold-packs myself, and administer. Finally around 5, we were sent to x-ray. An hour later, someone actually read the x-ray, and confirmed the fracture. Advised that we follow up with an orthopedist next week.
    He!!, I could have just saved 5 hours by avoiding the ER, waited til next week when his elbow swells to the size of a grapefruit, then take him to the orthopedist......
    5 hours, a 10 y/o kid is just hanging out with a fractured elbow,... How do these people sleep at night?