In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

New job, ...Day 1

Queen of SwordsQueen of Swords Member Posts: 14,355
edited September 2008 in General Discussion
So far, so good.

In some ways, it's going be be like my old job, basic case management duties, but with a lot less paperwork, and half the clients. Workday will be shorter, with paid breaks and lunch. Denim Friday, every Friday.
Only drawback I can see is many of the clients are more "at risk" than the developmentally disabled, by which I mean for things like child abuse, domestic violence, etc., as well as pregnancy, which means they have the potential to be more "labor intensive," but I've worked with that population before, so I'm not going into this clueless as to what I might expect to find going on in any of these homes.
Got my agency cell phone today, with the prerequisite "911" on speed dial, just in case. Get my laptop tomorrow.
All in all, I went away from my first day with a good feeling. The agency seems to be very much on top of the needs of their employees, both on the job and our own personal needs (family, mental health, burn-out,...). My new supervisor, Kathie, was a casemanger in the past, so she knows full well what the job entails, what we may experiences, what our frustrations may be, etc., enough so that she should be able to provide necessary support and direction. She seems pretty down-to-earth and earnest, and I get a good vibe from her.
Looking forward to tomorrow, which is something I haven't been able to say in too long regarding my job....[:D]

Comments