In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

I can't stand this conspiracy crap...

n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
You don't know what to believe...BUT I would imagine that quite a few of you have heard of Contrails.?.? The area I live in used to get ABSOLUTELY NO air traffic, other than private planes. Lately we've had planes flying, literally, all day long up and down this valley region...at a very high altitude. They've also been doing a criss crossed grid pattern over the valley area.

I don't know what to think...

Comments

• Options
    Survivalist86Survivalist86 Member Posts: 3,105
    edited November -1
    Better do some research. Check out Linda Molten Howell's site. Real scarey crap if it is real.
  • Options
    Old-ColtsOld-Colts Member Posts: 22,700 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Increased flights of high altitude bombers on missions to the edge of North Korean airspace waiting the orders that obama will never issue.

If you can't feel the music; it's only pink noise!

• Options
    jimdeerejimdeere Member, Moderator Posts: 25,805 ******
    edited November -1
    Tin foil hat time!
    There's a munitions plant over the mountain from me. I've seen a lot of different aircraft, including two B1b's one day that scared the chit out of all of us.
  • Options
    pingjockeypingjockey Member Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Looks like they've got your number. All we get down here at Kamiah
    are the refueling paterns from Spokane. Or are they?
  • Options
    Survivalist86Survivalist86 Member Posts: 3,105
    edited November -1
    I am not saying I believe in a goofy conspiracy. There are folks who have done a lot of research on them. And I really do not but much creadence in the biological agent spraying theory.
  • Options
    A J ChristA J Christ Member Posts: 7,534
    edited November -1
    Better get that foil hat on, quick I tell you!
  • Options
    stanmanstanman Member Posts: 3,052
    edited November -1
    Doesn't Spokane have an air base?
    Maybe another in Sweet Home?
    Probably fighter jocks on training flights.
    They like to do that over lightly populated areas.
    It's the price you sometimes pay for living in "God's Country".
  • Options
    givettegivette Member Posts: 10,886
    edited November -1
    Go to the nearest airport. Ask to see the charts (you will need J-charts of the Idaho area). See if any airways have been established over your area recently. Low altitude enroute instrument charts may not be high enough to cause contrails. Get a J-chart of your area.

If you see airways over your house, especially an intersection, or waypoint, VOILA! Best, Joe
  • Options
    catpealer111catpealer111 Member Posts: 10,695
    edited November -1
    What color are the contrails? Spokane does have an airbase, Fairchild AFB, they fly KC-135s. If the contrails are black, then they're B-52s.
  • Options
    35 Whelen35 Whelen Member Posts: 14,310 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    We used to have quite a bit of military air traffic here, I liked it. Used to see B-52's refueling, F-16's, the occasional A-10, etc. Some of the A-10's would get pretty darn low. No more sonic booms either. Hardly see any of it any more, maybe twice a year now.

Got buzzed by, IIRC, an F-15, while out on a lake fishing. I'll never forget how fast it was, didn't hear it coming, and it couldn't have been more than 30 feet off the water. Afterburners were definitely lit! It was probably a half mile past us before we realized what the hell happened![8D]
    An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it.
  • Options
    p3skykingp3skyking Member Posts: 25,750
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by ECC
    You don't know what to believe...BUT I would imagine that quite a few of you have heard of Contrails.?.? The area I live in used to get ABSOLUTELY NO air traffic, other than private planes. Lately we've had planes flying, literally, all day long up and down this valley region...at a very high altitude. They've also been doing a criss crossed grid pattern over the valley area.

It's pretty obvious to me that you have appeared on someone's radar and you're drawn "Special Treatment".
    [:0]

Tin roofs are back in vogue.
  • Options
    grumpygygrumpygy Member Posts: 53,466
    edited November -1
    I worry if I don't see them. On a heavy North south route.

They could have had to change flight patterns due to jet stream. Could even be a Fuel saving route you are now on. Storms will also change flight patterns.

Would think that most of yours would be on a East west pattern.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    a lot of westbound air traffic flies over our house, usually starts about 6pm. Mostly LaGuardia/Newark/Stewart airliners, with the occasional USAF trasport out of Stewart AFB.
  • Options
    gunnut505gunnut505 Member Posts: 10,290
    edited November -1
    Got a member of the foil hat crowd at work that yaks on about Chemtrails and the like all the time; he also thought Bush had the Twin Towers wired with explosives.
    Some folks will believe ANYTHING.

PS-The B1bs are out cruising Cimarron and Philmont to keep the bears away from the campers.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by stanman
    Doesn't Spokane have an air base?
    Maybe another in Sweet Home?
    Probably fighter jocks on training flights.
    They like to do that over lightly populated areas.
    It's the price you sometimes pay for living in "God's Country".

We've never had this kind of air traffic in the past...
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by p3skyking
    quote:Originally posted by ECC

It's pretty obvious to me that you have appeared on someone's radar and you're drawn "Special Treatment".
    [:0]

Tin roofs are back in vogue.

...but do they really work???
  • Options
    scottm21166scottm21166 Member Posts: 20,723
    edited November -1
    Where we used hunt elk in the central cascades, the Navy Prowlers/Intruders (ea6, ea6b)would fly low level training operations thru the canyons. They were trying to replicate conditions in the Alps and Ural Mts in the 80's and 90's.
    There were many times when I would be sound asleep in the middle of the night and those jets would scream over at tree top height.I remember the noise entered my dreams and I imagined we were under attack.
    Those jets are obsolete now, and we have found a new place to hunt but it is a memory that will last with me the rest of my life.

There are several new jets entering service as low level spy planes. They are loaded with electronic survailence gear and high definition camera's. They can track cell phone or radio signals and can jam communications. They might be practicing in your neighborhood, I hear there are alot of RWE in your neck of the woods[:D] not to mention a new chapter of the NAACP[:D]
  • Options
    whiteclouderwhiteclouder Member Posts: 10,574 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by catpealer111
    What color are the contrails? Spokane does have an airbase, Fairchild AFB, they fly KC-135s. If the contrails are black, then they're B-52s.

Black emissions are unburned fuel, contrails are water vapor (as in CONdensation TRAILS and they are white). You cannot tell what kind of aircraft it is by the contrail.

Clouder..
  • Options
    PanzerSlayer2PanzerSlayer2 Member Posts: 1,798 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Here in Michigan there was a big stink about the FAA changing flight patterns. Maybe you are now closer to a major flightpath??
  • Options
    grumpygygrumpygy Member Posts: 53,466
    edited November -1
    O no look out my window and I see one.[:o)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    About twenty years back, the US airways' system was re-structured, resulting in many people seeing [hi-altitude] air traffic for the first time. Many people, on the opposite side of the coin, suddenly had no air traffic above their houses.

Now, a major airways restructuring is a big implementation. However, there' a segment called a STAR, where aircraft follow a set pattern into a major airport. You may have experienced a modification to a STAR (Standard Terminal Arrival Route). See if you can get a copy of the charts to look at for a few minutes. All it takes is a trip to the local airport.

After you have eliminated the obvious, you will then be able to theorize with some semblence of 'weight'. Best, Joe
  • Options
    storm6490storm6490 Member Posts: 8,010
    edited November -1
    cloud seeding has been used for over 30 years now. it started out with iodine sprayed into the clouds by small planes of burst into mist by rockets by farmers.

there are chem trails in montana all the time. they help drop rain into the grain belt and insure that the world can eat bread.

a con trail will clear up in about ten minutes. a chem trail will last up to an hour.

another thing to be aware of is spraying for moss and other oatmeal experimental stuff they try out on people. my brother said they were spraying the entire state of wisconsin for some kind of moss. sounds really healthy. they also sprayed california to death with all sorts of stupid stuff to kill a bug that did not harm the fruit in the first place.

if you want to see the company that makes the custom outfitted aircraft google evergreen.. they have been with the cia forever.

anybody who thinks this is a tinfoil hat issue is just ignorant. you have a valid concern and they should be more transparent about waht they are up to.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Understood. Save for the chat-room value, a concern has been posted. Now, shall we go from the most remote cause to the least? Or the other way around?

I, for one, prefer to eliminate that which has the greatest probability-of-cause before I start digging deeper. Most always saves time. Try it! You may like it! Best again, Joe
  • Options
    FrancFFrancF Member Posts: 35,278 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    swampwalkerswampwalker Member Posts: 440 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Does this noise in my head bother anybody?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I just looked at FrancF's video. To the unschooled, it sure looks scary!!

I've seen trails like that over the Atlantic, where aircraft follow Nat-tracs. The trac (track) won't change, but the upper air will cause the contrails to appear parallel due to the wind blowing the contrails of preceding aircraft off the trac. One may usually see about six prior to dissipation.

Now, the contrail suddenly appearing: When cleared for "unrestricted climb", say from "one-five thousand" to fl350, an awful lot of fuel gets used and vapor dumped during the climb. Video showed that. Video also showed a telephoto (compressed image) of a jet at below contrail altitude passing a much higher jet aircraft in the frigid contrail enviornment. And all the streaks were coming directly from the engines. Yes, maybe it's as you all say, and the video (to the majority of us) will appear to be as the title says. Best, Joe
  • Options
    fideaufideau Member Posts: 11,895 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Low level fighters and bombers, I mean treetop level, over this area. Used to be every week or two. Now not as often. Learned that Seymour Johnson AFB uses these coordinates for practice runs. Can really startle you but beautiful to see. Especially the big boys.
  • Options
    quickmajikquickmajik Member Posts: 16,324
    edited November -1
    We get black helo's pretty often here, night stalkers and other SF groups are stationed close by..
  • Options
    Queen of SwordsQueen of Swords Member Posts: 14,355
    edited November -1
    Strange you should post this.

Earlier this week, on a clear blue day, I went out for a smoke, and was taken aback by the absolute lack of vapor trails in the sky.
    Reminded me of 9-11.

Atmospheric interferences?