In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Results from the Phx shoot (more lies)

kingjoeykingjoey Member Posts: 8,636
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
Well, we made it out the "spot" (which is now devoid of cars) and had a good time. There were a few fire extinguishers and such other stuff to shoot at as well as some spinners and the infamous tree. Did some skeet shooting as we had a pigeon thrower and a few boxes of pigeons (that's clay pigeons for all you PETA/PITA freaks[;)]). Somehow managed to miss Familyguy's butt (despite having two pigeons in the thrower) when he went to check the shooting tree for damaged flags[}:)] The best thing I saw was Phxtravis trying to shoot skeet with his new 50AE Desert Eagle. Was about the equivalent of trying to shoot down a plane with a 155mm howitzer. He did get close a few times, but all in all there was just a lot of noise and fireballs[8D] Zerodin made it out as well and held his own in the skeet shoot and was rumored to have beat Familyguy on the shooting tree (again?[}:)]) Phillybilly was unable to go as he was "too tired" and had cramps[:D] No pics this time, forgot the camera[xx(]

orst-title-1.gif

SUPPORT THE I.N.S. , THE COUNTRY THEY SAVE COULD BE YOUR OWN

Comments

• cat-mechaniccat-mechanic Member Posts: 433 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sorry I missed it. Got home from work at 3 and took my daughter to the hockey game at 7.

How was the trip to JG? Anything good up there?

I am thinking March 13th for the next shoot, How does that sound?

Did the tree survive the 50 and 454 matchup?

Nothing runs like a Deere, With a CAT on its *
  • kingjoeykingjoey Member Posts: 8,636
    edited November -1
    Wound up working too late the night before to go to J&G unfortunately[xx(] The tree took one hit from the 50AE and it bent the whole corner of the flag back a bit. I shot it once with the paratrooper and it blew a pretty fat crater in the flag. Looks like I'll be doing more welding[B)] March 13th sounds good to me.

orst-title-1.gif

SUPPORT THE I.N.S. , THE COUNTRY THEY SAVE COULD BE YOUR OWN
  • familyguyfamilyguy Member Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I swear, you guys are so lucky I had my ear plugs in the whole time. If I had heard the clay wizzing by my * or your giggles when I returned to the line oblivious of the near miss, I would have freaking shot you with my shotgun.......mainly because that was all I could hit with that day!!!![}:)][:(!]

Actually, it was Trav on the tree. I don't think I even got a shot off, he popped the two flags over, then I decided to send them back and WASTED a whole mag not hitting squat![:(]

Kingjoey is being modest. He was actually hitting almost as many birds as the rest of us using his SKS.

NO. THAT WAS NOT A MISTYPE.

The man was shooting birds with an SKS....and hitting them!!![:0][:p][:D]

I did tag one of the extinguishers with my SKS, fun to see the cloud billow up (that was before KJ and Zerodin got there). Not only did everyone else miss out on shooting, but Ari brought Krispy Kreme doughnuts.[:p]

I swear KJ seemed like one of my kids trying to hide something after he tagged the flag with the 7.62 round. I felt the splatter hit me and was hollering something like "what the fu.." and he's standing there all wide-eyed trying to look innocent saying "What?" At least he knows how to weld[:)]

That 50 was FUN. Big badda boom.[^]

Count me in for the next one.

Got a new gun for my ex-wife.....pretty good trade, huh?
  • ZERODINZERODIN Member Posts: 6,338
    edited November -1
    A ton of fun, as always. Familyguy: Thanks for letting me shoot your .22. It was encouraging to know that, no matter how poor of a pistol marksman I am, I can still nail objects so small I can't see them with a rifle.