In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Phoenix gun show

MooseyardMooseyard Member Posts: 2,541 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited December 2004 in General Discussion
Any of you AZ guys make it to the Phoenix gun show yesterday? I went looking for one specific item and had no luck! I hate to say it; I think the quality of the Crossroads of the West show is declining. Not enough guns and too much junk! Make that overpriced junk. I may skip the December show and head up to Reno instead.

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    Is anyone going to the Phoenix gun show this weekend?

"My faith, my country and my family will guide me; nothing more, nothing less" -Gen. Tommy Franks

Jess Hoffman
    Mooseyard Precision
    LE Supply & Firearms
    NRA Certified Instructor
    Shawano, WI 54166
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Just getting ready to head down to the show at the fairgrounds this weekend. Is anyone out there planning on going? I am planning on going to Flagstaff tomorrow and Sedona on Friday. Any good shops to checkout while I'm down there.

MONEY TALKS mine says good-bye
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I went today. Not too many guns I wanted and the ones I did, they wanted too much $$$$. There also wasn't as many people there, so we had looked through it in about 1/4 of the time. We had seen every thing by 12:30. I am sad I didn't buy a gun. All I bought was some bullets, for my .357.It is better I didnt buy a gun though. I will hopefully find somthing next time.
  • Options
    mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
    edited November -1
    Moose, this is going to be the first year I'll have to miss it. My good friend (I've known him for over 30 years) and his wife are having their 15th wedding anniversary and a big party which I had promised to attend before I realized just when the date was. Are you going to be at the SHOT Show in Las Vegas in January?

"Nothing can ever be made 'idiot proof' because idiots are simply too clever"!
    Mark T. Christian
  • Options
    phxtravisphxtravis Member Posts: 738 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I will probably be going, seeing as I live in Phoenix [:D].
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Yeah, Mark, I'll be at the Shot Show too.

"My faith, my country and my family will guide me; nothing more, nothing less" -Gen. Tommy Franks

Jess Hoffman
    Mooseyard Precision
    LE Supply & Firearms
    NRA Certified Instructor
    Shawano, WI 54166
  • Options
    MercuryMercury Member Posts: 7,809 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'll be going all weekend. Anyone want to meet up and have dinner or something? I'll be at the show all day.

Merc

"You can get more with a kind word and a gun than you can with a kind word alone. " - Al Capone, (1899-1947)

"Tolerating things you may not necessarily like is part of being free" - Larry Flynt
  • Options
    edited November -1
    anyone want to buy a couple of pistols of me before the show[;)]...I have really been looking for a 700PSS/LTR.[:D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Yeah, I would be willing to meet up for dinner or lunch or something. I have a date Friday night, so that won't work, but otherwise I'm open. I get to town Thursday afternoon, and I fly out Sun morning. Email me if you guys want to meet up.

Jess Hoffman
    Mooseyard Precision
    LE Supply & Firearms
    NRA Certified Instructor
    Shawano, WI 54166
  • Options
    familyguyfamilyguy Member Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You can bet I'll be there. No new guns in I don't know how long, going through withdrawals.....[:0][B)][xx(]

Mark C, I did not know you attend those shows. I've been at every one for the past 6 or 7 years. I would sincerely like to meet you. Maybe next time.

Trav - I was thinking of trying to unload the mini and the taurus, casually looking for a browning hi power or star model F. Also need to ditch the last of my folding knives and a case of 16ga shells I keep tripping over.

Merc and Moose - it would be great to meet more GBers, let me know where you'll be hanging out or shoot me an email and I'll drop you my mobile number.

Got a new gun for my ex-wife.....pretty good trade, huh?
  • Options
    n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    I'll be going on Saturday. I'm busy Friday night and Saturday night, but if anyone wants to meet for lunch or just hook up at the show to say hi, I'm game. If interested email me and i'll give my cell number/discuss details.

Jeff

"We become what we habitually do. If we act rightly, we become upright men. If we habitually act wrongly, or weakly, we become weak and corrupt" - *ARISTOTLE*

**Like Grandad used to say--"It'll feel better when it quits hurtin"
  • Options
    STRIPPER-TIPPERSTRIPPER-TIPPER Member Posts: 323 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have friends setting up in the SAR show next door. Wish I could go. Wish the SHOT show was a different weekend, it falls on the Turlock auto swap meet this year. Biggest one in nor cal.
  • Options
    ZERODINZERODIN Member Posts: 6,338
    edited November -1
    I don't blame Mark for traveling over to the Phoenix show. It's a darn fine show, and it's one of the biggest things I miss about AZ. I doubt anything in California truly compares.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Stripper, that is the reason I'm going is for the SAR show. I figure while I'm there I mind as well see the rest of the show[:D]

Jess Hoffman
    Mooseyard Precision
    LE Supply & Firearms
    NRA Certified Instructor
    Shawano, WI 54166
  • Options
    edited November -1
    well im pissed...I totally didnt realize that working this weekend would conflict with this show....oh well I guess I will attend this show one of these years[V][:(!]
  • Options
    ZERODINZERODIN Member Posts: 6,338
    edited November -1
    Travis: Go anyhow. [:D]