In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Hottest .22LR round?

SilentKnightSilentKnight Member Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited August 2004 in General Discussion
What is the hottest .22lr round?

sg_550_neu_gr.jpg

Come and Take it

Dont mess with Texas

Comments

• Options
    fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    Stingers rate right up there.

logo_chc_79x76.jpg
  • Options
    hughbetchahughbetcha Member Posts: 7,801 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by SilentKnight
    What is the hottest .22lr round?

sg_550_neu_gr.jpg

Come and Take it

Dont mess with Texas

CCI Stingers claim 1685fps with a 29g bullett. They are supposed to be the fastest commonly available 22LRs. Winchester came out with a brand called Expediters about 20 years ago that were supposed to be the fastest at 1725fps but they dropped the load because accuracy was not that good. I've still got a few boxes of Expediters left and I've seen them at the gunshows. Don't know how they would crono after all this time. I've heard friends say that Aguilar(company from Mexico)makes a 22LR that will outperform the Stingers but I haven't shot them yet.
  • Options
    TeamblueTeamblue Member Posts: 782 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Aguila claims 1750 FPS with their 30 gr. "Super Maximum" .22 LR. I have not shot any of it but do like their Super Colibri .22 stuff. It is QUIET at about 525 FPS but has enough punch for a rabbit if you get a head shot or small bird with body/head shot.

"Blessed be the Lord, my rock, who trains my hands for war" Psalm 144

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit
  • Options
    gskyhawkgskyhawk Member Posts: 4,773
    edited November -1
    another good bullet from CCI is their Velocitor , I don't have the vel. but do know it is a little slower because it uses a heavier Speer gold dot Hp bullet, they really pack a punch
  • Options
    Aspen79seAspen79se Member Posts: 4,707
    edited November -1
    I second the Velocitors. The Speer Gold Dot preforms like a champ on small game. Probaly not the fastest, but deffinatly one of the best when it comes to balistic preformance.
  • Options
    interstatepawnllcinterstatepawnllc Member Posts: 9,390
    edited November -1
    Aquila Hyper-velocity. Nuttin faster!

topcat1.bmp Don't "F" with kitty!! unamerican.gif
  • Options
    ZERODINZERODIN Member Posts: 6,338
    edited November -1
    .22-250

Oh, wait, the subject line specified LR. Damn!