In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Weird names

2»

Comments

• Options
    TRAP55TRAP55 Member Posts: 8,270 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    We have a local Urologist named Wang. The best I've seen was a listing in the Fresno,Ca. phone book(unlisted now for obvious reasons) Bang, Phuc N.

"Aim small...Miss small"
  • Options
    tapwatertapwater Member Posts: 10,335 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My late aunt's name was Zephyrine Hameister. Zephyrine???..Nobody in in the family can say where that one came from...We called her Zeph, or aunt Z.....

The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.
  • Options
    nunnnunn Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 36,023 ******
    edited November -1
    There was once a urologist around here named Dr. Sprinkle. [:)]

A lady, whose last name I forget, but her first name was Fonda, married a fellow whose last name was Peters. Fonda Peters. [:D]

My grandparents wanted to be prepared for either sex when they were expecting their firstborn, my father. First name Merle, middle name Laverne. I have known men and women named Merle, but never a man named Laverne. [?]

Maternity nurses in rural Arkansas used to mess with some of the poor, poorly-educated minority types, who were often delivering their 10th or 11th child at taxpayer expense. Often they would ask for help naming a baby, since they had long since exhausted their own imaginations.

One suggestion that took was "Syphilis." Pronounced si-FIE-lis.

Another was "Gonorrhea." Pronounced gu-NOR-re-uh.

Still another was "Pajama." Pronounced PA-jah-mah.

Those and the pseudo-African-sounding names lots of people come up with are about all I know.

SIG pistol armorer/FFL Dealer/Full time Peace Officer, Moderator of General Discussion Board on Gunbroker. Visit www.gunbroker.com the best gun auction site on the Net! Email gpd035@sbcglobal.net
  • Options
    tomh.tomh. Member Posts: 3,823 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    A guy used to be a regular at our shop named Richard Oder. And yea, he went by Dick. And Dick Trickle always makes me chuckle. (I'm immature!) There was a writer in one of the big motorcycle magazines years ago named Tyrone VanHooeydonk. (sp?)
    This reminds ma of going to the fair and trying to get the ladies to page some silly name! Maybe we better start another topic for that!
  • Options
    TxsTxs Member Posts: 18,801
    edited November -1
    nunn-Check my previous post. I beat you to the one about Mrs. Peters. At least now I have a witness to it's truthfulness.

I forgot a catchy one for my other post. I know a woman whose first name is Valvoline.
  • Options
    TRAP55TRAP55 Member Posts: 8,270 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    tomh. reminded me of a plumbing outfit that displays the company owners name on their vans, Donald P. Dick.

"Aim small...Miss small"
  • Options
    plains scoutplains scout Member Posts: 4,563
    edited November -1
    My cousin's name is "Howdy" Now most people might think he got teased alot, but not when you grow up to 6'5" and start on a Division I National Championship football team as a tackle. "Smile when you say that"

My grandma told me about one of her students whose name was "Maus Shet"

Then there was the guy that laid the brick for my parents' fireplace: "Harry Dick" Really. Scout's honor that was his name.

Oh and the one above with "ABCDE" she was a name sake out her as well. Man, I tell you I don't see that one making it into the baby name book.

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
    ~Abraham Lincoln
  • Options
    Quail KidQuail Kid Member Posts: 367 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ok...old boyfriends dads name was Laverne. Always thought this was a females name.

My middle name is Ione (I-own)

Moms name is Rayme (Ray-me)
  • Options
    trooperchintrooperchin Member Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Pretty much all of the *ahem* darker kids at school.

sniper.gif
    UN.bmp

Go Army Beat Navy
    IF you wanna have fun join the cavalry
  • Options
    PJPJ Member Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Twenty years ago, there was an attorney in San Francisco named Zeppelin Wong.
    Pete

"Be kind to your neighbor, he knows where you live"
  • Options
    oldgunneroldgunner Member Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My great grandfather's name was "General Coffee Roop."

There are no bad guns, only bad people.
  • Options
    MooseyardMooseyard Member Posts: 2,541 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    What happened to my post about my neighbor Harold Butt? That was not a joke!

"My faith, my country and my family will guide me; nothing more, nothing less" -Gen. Tommy Franks

Jess Hoffman
    Mooseyard Precision
    LE Supply & Firearms
    NRA Certified Instructor
    Shawano, WI 54166