In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Bounty Hunting ????

azgunnut2@yahoo.comazgunnut2@yahoo.com Member Posts: 305 ✭✭✭
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
I have talked myself into a part-time postion as a "Bail Enforcement
Officer" , a somewhat closely related endevor to my Law Enforcement
Enployment ... Good or Bad , so far I have made some decent money and made some very good contacts and 'brownie' points with some 'other' law enforcement agencies . Question : have any of you other 'gun nuts'
had any experiences in this field ????questions , comments , suggestions ????
Thanks !!!!!!
p.s. by the way I personally Do Not like the term "bounty hunter"...

Join / Support the NRA
Guns are my friends !!!

Gunsmith / LEO

Comments

• ElMuertoMonkeyElMuertoMonkey Member Posts: 12,898
    edited November -1
    Never had the opportunity. Seems interesting though. Any stories to tell or is it pretty much just like other law enforcement work?
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    A "ROSE" by any other name is still a "ROSE. [:D][}:)]

eagle.gif
    "It is hard to soar with Eagles when your surrounded by Turkeys"

"I dont care how thin you make a pancake, it still has two sides"

"A wise man is a man that realizes just how little he knows.
    Hudson.gif
    900.gif
  • PATBUZZARDPATBUZZARD Member Posts: 3,556
    edited November -1
    There is a friend of my family that has been a "Bounty Hunter" for a number of years now. It's good money, and good work. He has always said that he enjoyed it.

May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't.
    - General George Patton Jr
  • trusta45trusta45 Member Posts: 516 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    How do you go about getting into Bail Enforcment?Special training or Academy's?
  • rldowns3rldowns3 Member Posts: 6,096
    edited November -1
    In most places, trusta45, you have to go to a bail bonds agency and apply to be a "runner". They will train you and give you some tests to get you licensed but you have to pay for them, you are not actually a "bounty hunter" per se but you are given the "power of attourney" by the licensed agency to capture an individual that has skipped out on a bond. Actual bounty hunters are far and few between.

aliens.jpg
  • duckyducky Member Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    my oldest brother was did bail enforcement after getting out of the military. It was good work for him before he became a deputy constable, and he said it was quite exciting. This was in Houston, so there was no shortage of work.