In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

AR vs AK

WagionWagion Member Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
Which is the better gun and why?

If force ain't work'n... Your not use'n nough of it.
I know the spelling is bad but guess what I DON'T CARE

Comments

• ElMuertoMonkeyElMuertoMonkey Member Posts: 12,898
    edited November -1
    Oh boy... here we go again.

Depends on personal preference. Personally, I'll go with the AK. It's practically idiot proof, requires as much maintenance as a pet rock, and is heavy and wooden which means that in the unlikely event of a jam, it's a much more effective club than an AR... which is relatively light and plastic.

BUT... if I really had my choice, I'd go with an SKS. Just as reliable, but much cooler looking.
  • BullzeyeBullzeye Member Posts: 3,560
    edited November -1
    On a scale, they'd balance each other out.

AK: larger bullet | less upgradable | more reliable | less accurate.
    AR: smaller bullet| more upgradable | less reliable | more accurate.

I could go on and on. But I think, based on each weapon's abilities, you should pick your piece based on the situation.

army_slblu.jpgpv2.gifInsignia_in.jpgairborne%20wings-2.jpgtogcrest.gif
  • familyguyfamilyguy Member Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I go with the AK. More reliable, easier to use and maintain.

Got a new gun for my ex-wife.....pretty good trade, huh?
  • maverickgearmaverickgear Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I like AKs but the AR makes me feel good, something about stareing down that carry handle that just feels right, for me the pull of the trigger weight of the gun way it falls to my shoulder just feels right, easy to clean and repair. as far as reliability goes i never have had any problems with any of my bushmasters, 15% of the fun of owning the weapon is stripping it down and cleaning it anyway. To me the M16/AR15 represents the same thing as any AMERICAN MUSCLE CAR!!