In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

rolled my truck 15 times

SG_NinerSG_Niner Member Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
swerved to not hit a deer and launched my self off a cliff! Took me an hour and a half to make it back up to the road and another hour before someone drove by. I freaking hurt! Ill add picks this weekend of the truck.

Comments

• Rebel_JamesRebel_James Member Posts: 4,746
    edited November -1
    You would have been better off to have hit the damn deer!!

(but you've already probably figgered that out!)

I've always thought that, and told my sons that.

However, about a month ago, my middle son swerved to miss a deer. He ran off the road, clipped the top of a pasture fence,(the top of the fence was about level with the road) and landed his 4 Runner in amongst the cows! NO DAMAGE to his 4 Runner!

There's always that ONE time that Dad isn't right.
  • Astro MikeAstro Mike Member Posts: 344 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by SG_Niner
    swerved to not hit a deer

Better to just hit the thing. Hope you're alright though!
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    swerved to not hit a deer and launched my self off a cliff! Took me an hour and a half to make it back up to the road and another hour before someone drove by. I freaking hurt! Ill add picks this weekend of the truck.

Your lucky.

Glad your ok.
  • fishkiller41fishkiller41 Member Posts: 50,608
    edited November -1
    DAMN NINER!!! Did u go get checked-out at the hospital? I hope U don't have any hidden problems, that you find later-on!
  • reloader44magreloader44mag Member Posts: 18,783 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    natural reaction to swerve....best to brake and drive right thru the thing.
  • storm6490storm6490 Member Posts: 8,010
    edited November -1
    hope you are ok. sorry to hear about your crash.

check out a buckstop bumper and maybe put a crosshair on your hood for next time.
  • SG_NinerSG_Niner Member Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Was in the hospital for 12 hours and yes i should have just hit the deer!No broken bones just bruised up pretty bad, there goes my 2004 Tundra and I just had it detailed![:(!]
  • reloader44magreloader44mag Member Posts: 18,783 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    did you have your seat belt on?
  • mousemouse Member Posts: 3,624
    edited November -1
    The highway I drive on every day is loaded with them. I've seen
    some huge bucks in Winter. Now its just the does and fawns.
    My husband has damaged 2 cars hitting them. Unfortunately
    one was mine. I've missed them both times they've jumped out
    in front of me. Well almost missed, I tapped a huge buck on'
    his rump, he backstepped once or twice and kept on going. No
    dent on my car. I'd managed to downshift fast enough. Got
    so I hate to pass another car on the road, cause I can't see
    their eyes shining...hope one never crosses when another car
    is along side me.
    Sorry to hear about your truck. I'm glad your still with us.
  • Colonel PlinkColonel Plink Member Posts: 16,460
    edited November -1
    HOLY SMOKES!

Glad to hear you walked away from that one, Niner!

Damn!.

Just.

damn.
  • justusnospamjustusnospam Member Posts: 579 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Glad to hear your OK. Reminds me of a time I got hit by a deer. No kidding, had one hit my passenger side in Virginia once. Scared the beejezus out of me. Rolled the same car off a cliff in the mountains of West VA not a week later looking for a place to take a girlfriend skinny-dipping. The 70's were a riot. Such is youth!
  • pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    WOW, you would think rolling it 3 or 4 times would be enough. [}:)][:o)][:D][:D]

GLAD to hear you came out of it with no serious injuries.
  • kimikimi Member Posts: 44,719 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Man, I am happy to hear that you walked away from such a wreck. I do hope that you do not have any side effects from it.
    What's next?
  • footlongfootlong Member Posts: 8,009
    edited November -1
    Did you POO POO[?][:0]
  • KSUmarksmanKSUmarksman Member Posts: 10,705 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    ouch...glad you're OK

any crash you can walk away from...is a good one [;)]
  • Dumpster BabyDumpster Baby Member Posts: 291 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by footlong
    Did you POO POO[?][:0]

I WOULD HAVE!!!

[:0]
  • Colt SuperColt Super Member Posts: 31,007
    edited November -1

Ouch !!

Doug
  • Laredo LeftyLaredo Lefty Member Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Anyone who has the presence of mind to count 15 rolls has got a bigger pair than me.

Glad you survived.
  • 11BravoCrunchie11BravoCrunchie Member Posts: 33,423 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    They tell motorcyclists to aim for where the deer is standing, because most of they time the deer moves.
  • drobsdrobs Member Posts: 22,613 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Wow, glad you're ok!
  • Fly DoctorFly Doctor Member Posts: 5,053
    edited November -1
    Man... Hope you're alright. Watch for headaches, back aches or anything that might indicate some shaken adult syndrome. Seriously.

Had a gal in a compact dodge a rabbit at night, launch herself across the borrow ditch and rammed through the barbwire fence into our muddy cattle pasture. She just missed a huge anchored post that would've stopped her car dead and killed her. Tore up her undercarriage and linkage somethin' fierce.

She wished she'd hit that damned rabbit! [;)]
  • machine gun moranmachine gun moran Member Posts: 5,198
    edited November -1
    An Angel on your shoulder, Sg Niner.

I'm the only member of my (even extended) family that's never hit a deer. Then again, I'm one of those with usually noplace to go in any sort of hurry.

A funny (kind of) thing happened in front of my mother (she's 85, still motates her Chevy real well). A bicycle racer was practicing on a backroad that she uses, and he had his head down and was coming fast. A buck and two does came out on the road, and the buck saw this guy apparently doing a hard charge, so he responded by charging back. The buck rammed the guy head-on, tossed him butt over teakettle, breaking the guy's leg, and then rooted his bike into the ditch, and then trotted back to the does, and left. My mom called the Sheriff on her cell phone, and the Sheriff brought an ambulance.
  • mateomasfeomateomasfeo Member Posts: 27,143
    edited November -1
    Glad you walked away!
  • mrseatlemrseatle Member Posts: 15,467 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Amen, Glad you are still able to post. looking forward to pics[}:)]
  • MaxOHMSMaxOHMS Member Posts: 14,715
    edited November -1
    Sometimes you can successfully dodge a dear, but NEVER, EVER TRY TO DODGE A SQUIRREL!

Glad you are ok.

RT
  • calrugerfancalrugerfan Member Posts: 18,209
    edited November -1
    Had a buddy that was driving a corolla in the rain, going too fast at night. Swerved to avoid a cat and ended up in the ditch. Funny part is that the cat changed directions so he hit it anyway.
  • grumpygygrumpygy Member Posts: 48,464 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Zulu7
    They tell motorcyclists to aim for where the deer is standing, because most of they time the deer moves.

Not always sometimes they freeze. Know cause my right knee two years later still bothers me. I almost cleared her too.

Was also able to just barely miss a buck 3 months later he would have hurt. Put his head down them horns would have really hurt.

Had one hit me too, Broadside and I was on another Bike. We hit shoulder to shoulder.
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    I'm glad to see you are still alive!
  • MarnerMarner Member Posts: 2,977
    edited November -1
    Like others said...glad you escaped serious injury.

Curious if you were belted or bouncing around inside the cab or thrown clear.?

Ron
  • select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,446 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Your fortunate. I flipped a full size 3/4 ton truck two times end for end and did 7 full rolls on flat land. Cab was crushed on passenger side down on the door handles. Didn't get a scratch. Truck was a total wreck. You will be sore for a few days.
  • JustCJustC Member Posts: 16,056 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    you are one lucky SOB,..say a thanks to the man upstairs for looking out for you.
  • jeffie076jeffie076 Member Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Niner, Glad to hear you walked away. as you know, your going to hurt for a few days, keep an eye out for BAD headaches, that means NFG! get to hospital, PRONTO!!! My brother and I rolled his car twice, out near Blackhawk, colo. we then drove said wrecked car back to Littleton, it's a wonder we did'nt get stopped by the police, the roof on the driverside was halfway down to the steering wheel, I had to drive because I'm shorter than my brother. we were lucky to roll it where we did, a quarter mile down the road we would have went down the mountain side.
  • NRA MemberNRA Member Member Posts: 6 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Couldn't get one more roll out of it?
  • SG_NinerSG_Niner Member Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Just wanted to let you guys know I ended up in the hospital again on friday! Woke up and could not see a thing, my eyes were swollen shut and I was covered head to toe in poison oak. My skin looked like bubble wrap from all the blisters, That 1.5 hours crawling up that hill side was solid poison oak.I am going to the tow yard on monday to pull my gear out and take some pics that ill post soon. Saving grace is that my wife never listens to me, a few months back when money was getting tight I told her to reduce my insurance to the lowest needed. Talked to the insurance adjuster and he told me im fully covered for everything!
    God I love my wife[:D]
  • cnsaycnsay Member Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Originally posted by SG_Niner
    Just wanted to let you guys know I ended up in the hospital again on friday! Woke up and could not see a thing, my eyes were swollen shut and I was covered head to toe in poison oak. My skin looked like bubble wrap from all the blisters, That 1.5 hours crawling up that hill side was solid poison oak.I am going to the tow yard on monday to pull my gear out and take some pics that ill post soon. Saving grace is that my wife never listens to me, a few months back when money was getting tight I told her to reduce my insurance to the lowest needed. Talked to the insurance adjuster and he told me im fully covered for everything!
    God I love my wife[:D]

Good to hear your still doing fairly well. Poison oak to add insult to injury! The few dollars a month your wife did not save look like they may pay off.
  • Locust ForkLocust Fork Member Posts: 31,914 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Wow are you lucky it wasn't much worse. I am very glad to hear you aren't seriously injured. My father was in a wreck....someone ran him off a freeway imbankment and he flipped his car many times. He was thrown out of the car and it crush all of his ribs....his hips....punctured a lung....and all kinds of other injuries. He was in a hospital for weeks and weeks. To this day he hurts beyond what I would be able to stand each and every day. I hope you recover and can get a replacement vehicle without your insurance giving you much trouble.
    LOCUST FORK CURRENT AUCTIONS: https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Sort=13&IncludeSellers=618902&PageSize=48 Listings added every Thursday! We do consignments, contact us at mckaygunsales@gmail.com