In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Who's up for a little Coyote Hunting?

CubsloverCubslover Member Posts: 18,601 ✭✭
edited December 2007 in General Discussion
My brother's been a little down and out after having surgery on his right shoulder. I'm planning on taking him out to my Coyote spot on the first.

Gonna be a cold one, 15 degrees, light snow, and a light wind which should be in my face. They should be moving to keep warm. My favorite spot is in a tree line on top of a hill overlooking a small beanfield. About 300yds of beanfield between me and the thicket that I've found quite a few dens in.

Got some new Binos that I want to try out as well. Hell, maybe I'll take the bow along just in case of a close shot or an unsuspecting deer. After all, it's late archery season still. The ol 243 has been giving honest .75MOA to about 250yds. We'll see how she does.
Half of the lives they tell about me aren't true.

Comments

• Options
    hdwrenchhdwrench Member Posts: 954 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    damn ,sounds lke fun........

wrench
  • Options
    Gregor62Gregor62 Member Posts: 3,077 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    We went this morning, and got two. We're in northern lower MI. The males are really moving around looking for nookie.
  • Options
    davealddaveald Member Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    man wouldn't that be great
  • Options
    CaptplaidCaptplaid Member Posts: 20,296 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I should do a little modification of the red light and set up in the deer blind. I'm working afternoons this week. Maybe I can talk my cousin in going out at 11 p.m. for some nigh hunting.

Deer blind is next to a bank where the creek used to run. The creek is still there is just moved. So there is cover behind it with a great view to the south and east before the hill about 75 yards. Its steep and full of oaks. The hill follows the creek both to the south and east.

I think we could draw them down the hill or up and down the creek while staying in the blind.

While the odds of getting a stike in the night are low, it is fun to go out. I've gotten a couple a night. He's had a couple walk right past him but his rifle wasn't in position. He's also had a coyote or dog bark at him in the night. He swears it was only a couple hundred yards off but he thought it was my dog.
  • Options
    CaptplaidCaptplaid Member Posts: 20,296 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    FrancFFrancF Member Posts: 35,278 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Looking at a few out the kitchen window across the canyon right now with the rangefinder!
    Just in killing range with a .308 155gr A-max @ 632+- yards out the window[:D]. If I could only hunt that hill![V] This small pack is there like clock work.
  • Options
    jtmarine0831jtmarine0831 Member Posts: 908 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Damn Cubs, wish I felt like the drive( still a little under the weather) up to Lafayette, I'd join ya! Been off since the 17th and still haven't had a chance to shoot any around here, damn in-laws and flu bug you know.
  • Options
    CubsloverCubslover Member Posts: 18,601 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by jtmarine0831
    Damn Cubs, wish I felt like the drive( still a little under the weather) up to Lafayette, I'd join ya! Been off since the 17th and still haven't had a chance to shoot any around here, damn in-laws and flu bug you know.
    The door is always open.
    Half of the lives they tell about me aren't true.