In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Liam-isms I have to start writing them down

Locust ForkLocust Fork Member Posts: 31,909 ✭✭✭✭
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
You know.....what an 11 yr old boy will say is sometimes just amazing. Like water....he just walks in the room and says "water isn't clear there are things in there you know." I said...."I know" (which was a mistake) because that led to the "freak out" and explaining. Later he comes in and tells his sister that we drink bugs and stuff, but its ok because they are clear.

He also thinks that Superman is an Alien because he doesn't have testicles. I left his dad to deal with that one. I just don't EVEN want to go there.
LOCUST FORK CURRENT AUCTIONS: https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Sort=13&IncludeSellers=618902&PageSize=48 Listings added every Thursday! We do consignments, contact us at mckaygunsales@gmail.com

Comments

• hooch31Lhooch31L Member Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have a six year old that cracks me up all the time when I am not yelling at him for no listening.
  • 11b6r11b6r Member Posts: 16,584 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Um.......Superman WAS an alien. He was born on the planet Krypton, and came to earth as an illegal alien. (Hey, did not check in with the Border Patrol- OK?)
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Locust Fork
    You know.....what an 11 yr old boy will say is sometimes just amazing. Like water....he just walks in the room and says "water isn't clear there are things in there you know." I said...."I know" (which was a mistake) because that led to the "freak out" and explaining. Later he comes in and tells his sister that we drink bugs and stuff, but its ok because they are clear.

He also thinks that Superman is an Alien because he doesn't have testicles. I left his dad to deal with that one. I just don't EVEN want to go there.

WTH ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT????

I never heard ANYTHING about Superman having 'nads or not having 'nads....

You just won most bizzare GB post ever IMHO
  • nononsensenononsense Member Posts: 10,928 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Locust Fork,

Do yourself a huge favor and write them down! Years from now they will be even more funny. Maybe not the near future as your son will take umbrage to your mentioning such things but much later, everyone will get a good laugh when they hear them again. What was the book that Art Linkletter wrote? 'Kids Say the Darndest Things'. It true, all true.

Best.
  • Spider7115Spider7115 Member Posts: 29,702 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by PBJloaf

Then why didn't his costume have any zipper?
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Spider7115

Then why didn't his costume have any zipper?

well, how does Superman take a whiz? Does he have a BallPark Frank?

I can't believe this is a topic of discussion...
  • mrseatlemrseatle Member Posts: 15,467 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by nononsense
    What was the book that Art Linkletter wrote? 'Kids Say the Darndest Things'.

"Each generation has been an education for us in different ways. The first child-with-bloody-nose was rushed to the emergency room. The fifth child-with-bloody-nose was told to go to the yard immediately and stop bleeding on the carpet." -Art Linkletter

[:D]
    edited November -1
    I'M STILL WAITING FOR SOMEONE TO EXPLAIN TO ME WHY SUPERMAN DOES NOT HAVE testICLES!!!
  • wanted manwanted man Member Posts: 3,276
    edited November -1
    We (the Wanted Family) have had extended, hilarious discussions revolving around the things the kids (and occassionally the adults) have said over the years. Now the Grand-kids are adding to the memories! For sure write some of this stuff down, it's PRICELESS![:)][}:)]
  • Marc1301Marc1301 Member Posts: 31,895 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'M STILL WAITING FOR SOMEONE TO EXPLAIN TO ME WHY SUPERMAN DOES NOT HAVE testICLES!!!

[:D][:D]
    Just when you think you have seen the weirdest post,.....another will take its place!
    "Beam me up Scotty, there's no intelligent life down here." - William Shatner
  • 11BravoCrunchie11BravoCrunchie Member Posts: 33,423 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Barzillia

Chuck Norris.

That's the most logical explanation yet.

Chuck Norris is so fast he can run around the world and punch himself in the back of the head.

Chuck Norris counted to infinity...twice.

When the boogey man goes to bed, he checks his closet for Chuck Norris.

Chuck Norris doesn't sleep...he waits.

There is no theory of evolution...only a list of creatures Chuck Norris allows to live.

When Chuck Norris does a push-up, he isn't pushing himself up...he's pushing the world down.

If you have five dollars and Chuck Norris has five dollars, Chuck Norris has more money than you.

Chuck Norris can eat just one Lay's potato chip.

Chuck Norris destroyed the periodic table, because he only recognizes the element of surprise.

Chuck Norris can kill two stones with one bird.

Outer space exists because it's afraid to be on the same planet with Chuck Norris.

Chuck Norris is the reason why Waldo is hiding.

Chuck Norris can lead a horse to water AND make it drink.

Chuck Norris can slam a revolving door.

Chuck Norris uses pepper spray to spice up his steaks.
    edited November -1
    I'm still waiting....
  • 1911a1-fan1911a1-fan Member Posts: 51,193 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    of course superman was whole, he fathered a child with lois lane, just way back when it was pc to make comic book heroes anatomically correct
  • Locust ForkLocust Fork Member Posts: 31,909 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have NO ideas where he got the idea. We were sitting on the couch and he was talking about superpowers and which ones he thought were cool. Spiderman and the web.... The Hulk being sooo strong.... He kept talking about how cool everything was.

THEN.... (in the middle of what he was saying)

He says...."Superman is an alien. Yeah, he isn't from THIS planet. He doesn't have testicles."

He didn't skip a beat and just went on talking about more superhero stuff. I was just TRYING to keep it together. I started turning blue and tears were in my eyes from holding back. I was trying to keep him talking and not completely go crazy laughing. He just kept talking.

I told Dad about it....just so maybe they could have a talk about testicles and see WHAT he thinks they are. He is awesome.
    LOCUST FORK CURRENT AUCTIONS: https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Sort=13&IncludeSellers=618902&PageSize=48 Listings added every Thursday! We do consignments, contact us at mckaygunsales@gmail.com
  • burdz19burdz19 Member Posts: 4,145
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Zulu7

Chuck Norris.

That's the most logical explanation yet.

Chuck Norris is so fast he can run around the world and punch himself in the back of the head.

Chuck Norris counted to infinity...twice.

When the boogey man goes to bed, he checks his closet for Chuck Norris.

Chuck Norris doesn't sleep...he waits.

There is no theory of evolution...only a list of creatures Chuck Norris allows to live.

When Chuck Norris does a push-up, he isn't pushing himself up...he's pushing the world down.

If you have five dollars and Chuck Norris has five dollars, Chuck Norris has more money than you.

Chuck Norris can eat just one Lay's potato chip.

Chuck Norris destroyed the periodic table, because he only recognizes the element of surprise.

Chuck Norris can kill two stones with one bird.

Outer space exists because it's afraid to be on the same planet with Chuck Norris.

Chuck Norris is the reason why Waldo is hiding.

Chuck Norris can lead a horse to water AND make it drink.

Chuck Norris can slam a revolving door.

Chuck Norris uses pepper spray to spice up his steaks.

Superman wears Chuck Norris underwear.

Chuck Norris does not read. He stares at the book until it tells him what he wants to know.

Chuck Norris is an Oklahoma native, but would never admit it.[:D][:o)][:D][;)]
    edited November -1

Chuck Norris.

and they're, what, hanging from his rear view mirror??
  • matwormatwor Member Posts: 20,594
    edited November -1
    Well if memory serves he was born on the planet Krypton, and that ain't earth, so the kids right, he is an alien........duh!!!!

While hes on a roll, ask him if birds fart and why is water wet?
  • Queen of SwordsQueen of Swords Member Posts: 14,355
    edited November -1
    Very simple. He's struggling through his Oedipal stage. Castration anxiety.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by rcrxs old lady

are we talking about Liam or Superman??[:o)]
  • Queen of SwordsQueen of Swords Member Posts: 14,355
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by rcrxs old lady

are we talking about Liam or Superman??[:o)]

Superman, or course...[;)]
  • moonshinemoonshine Member Posts: 8,471
    edited November -1
    quote:well, how does Superman take a whiz? Does he have a BallPark Frank?

Ask Lois
  • BaseJumperBaseJumper Member Posts: 5,570
    edited November -1
    Yep write them down for sure. I have several from my daughter (now 22) and am working on the one for my son.

He is 2 now and not speaking much yet due to hearing loss issues, but he is signing and has some of the best * expressions you can imagine!

One I am particularly fond of: He had been pretty ill and mom did not want him sleeping alone. Mom was very ill now though so we banished her to her room and me and the boy made a pallet on the living room floor (so we could hear if mom needed anything) and I could set my alarm and wake up about every hour to check on him.

I finally fell asleep around 2AM but was awakened abruptly at about 3am by my son (then about 18 months old) leaning over me with both of his hands covering my mouth. he had a look of horror on his face! As soon as he saw my eyes open he took his hands off my mouth and rolled over and went back to sleep. poor guy, his dad was apparently snoring so loud even the little guy who is nearly deaf could hear it!

I was awake laughing for about an hour before I could go back to sleep!
  • Locust ForkLocust Fork Member Posts: 31,909 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Saturday.... We went to my Nephew's graduation party. We walked in the door and Larry's sister said "I see you brought someone with you" (pointing to Liam.) I said back..."we picked up a Ho-Bo."

Liam....(without missing a beat)....said...."I like cheese" and walked into the house.

We just all looked at each other for a sec and then went in behind him.
  • wsfiredudewsfiredude Member Posts: 7,769 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1

Simple;

Kryptonite exposure.

Superman came up before the days of OSHA, and their regulations on STELs and TLVs. His testicles shriveled up like raisins.

Lucky for him. Had this not happened, and his testicles maintained their normal size, there is a slim probability he could have gotten into those tights, and if he did, he damn sure wouldn't feel like flying, nor could he.