In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Did they see it coming?

Ray BRay B Member Posts: 11,822
edited December 2012 in General Discussion
I'm refering to the citizens of the countries that have gone from democracy or benevolent ruler to totalitarian dictator? It seems in some cases, such as Russia, that the people were so tired of the decisions of the leader, or 1930's Germany's democratic government dealing with France & Englands demands that they figured ANYTHING was better- but once in power, systems were put in place to prevent change and the citizens were faced with even worse situations.

I wonder if the US citizens see any similarities between the US government and the various doomed governments of history.

Comments

• Options
    MaxOHMSMaxOHMS Member Posts: 14,715
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Ray B
    I'm refering to the citizens of the countries that have gone from democracy or benevolent ruler to totalitarian dictator? It seems in some cases, such as Russia, that the people were so tired of the decisions of the leader, or 1930's Germany's democratic government dealing with France & Englands demands that they figured ANYTHING was better- but once in power, systems were put in place to prevent change and the citizens were faced with even worse situations.

I wonder if the US citizens see any similarities between the US government and the various doomed governments of history.

Most cannot see past their TV or their glass mug.
  • Options
    beneteaubeneteau Member Posts: 8,553 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Nope---millions are just waiting for their next government check.
    0M9InwN.gif[
  • Options
    brier-49brier-49 Member Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    52% don't see it, obozo is back in.
  • Options
    mango tangomango tango Member Posts: 3,833 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    They didn't see it coming, hopefully we'll learn from them and see it coming here, well 53% of us will anyway!
  • Options
    airbornerizzairbornerizz Member Posts: 674 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    see what? Alls what I see is my free government check and this sweet new iPhone...
  • Options
    bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    As long as Americans can sit on their butts, watching big screen LCD TV's with programing from Dish net/Dirctv, stuffing Tyson microwave ready country fried chicken, KFC mashed taters or cheesy mac in their face, with the heat set on 72 the air conditioner set on 76, DVR programmed to record the next seven college football games and a SUV in the drive.

They won't even care.
  • Options
    CaptplaidCaptplaid Member Posts: 20,296 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yes, the first ones took their money and left. The later ones just left with their lives.
  • Options
    skicatskicat Member Posts: 14,431
    edited November -1
    Yes, some people always see it coming. We are called alarmists,kooks,wackos, chicken littles, and conspiracy theorists.[:0]
  • Options
    retroxler58retroxler58 Member Posts: 32,693 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by skicat
    Yes, some people always see it coming. We are called alarmists,kooks,wackos, chicken littles, and conspiracy theorists.[:0]
    'Bout sums it up...
  • Options
    retroxler58retroxler58 Member Posts: 32,693 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bpost
    As long as Americans can sit on their butts, watching big screen LCD TV's with programing from Dish net/Dirctv, stuffing Tyson microwave ready country fried chicken, KFC mashed taters or cheesy mac in their face, with the heat set on 72 the air conditioner set on 76, DVR programmed to record the next seven college football games and a SUV in the drive.

They won't even care.
    I think you're pretty much on target right there...
  • Options
    Waco WaltzWaco Waltz Member Posts: 10,828 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I've noticed more older people can see it coming then younger folks.
  • Options
    gruntledgruntled Member Posts: 8,218 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    About 150 years ago a couple hundred thousand men gave their lives in an effort to prevent what has happened to our country so yes they saw it comming.
  • Options
    montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 58,035 ******
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by retroxler58
    quote:Originally posted by bpost

They won't even care.
    I think you're pretty much on target right there...

Sadly,,yep. [:(][:(][V][V]