In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Sheriff just stopped by

Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,609 ✭✭✭✭
edited November 2014 in General Discussion
a deputy sheriff just pulled in gave me a subpoena to appear in court on Monday at 11:30 am [V]
related to a the post I made about out a month ago when the fellow crashed in my front yard ( ended up being my second cousin )

Oh just great , I thought that was over with , They must have him charged with more than I thought , not looking forward to this .
not only that he is my cousin but just having to go to court its like going to the hospital do not like either one

Comments

• Options
    guntech59guntech59 Member Posts: 23,187 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Best of luck. I hope it is a painless as possible.
  • Options
    reloader44magreloader44mag Member Posts: 18,783 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I went and found the original post...I wonder what they want you there for. Only thing I can think is the kids defense is he wasnt driving the car and they need you there as a witness that he was...hmmmm...any ideas?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Could be , as when I came into the picture he was knocking on my door , so they may argue he was not driving ,and as I did not see him driving just reporting the accident [:D] I know they had a list of charges against him resisting arrest . disrupting a officer while he was investigating a accident ? he refused any test that night so I think also for possible impaired driving and a few more

quote:Originally posted by reloader44mag
    I went and found the original post...I wonder what they want you there for. Only thing I can think is the kids defense is he wasn't driving the car and they need you there as a witness that he was...hmmmm...any ideas?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Ya may just have to pull a "Sgt Shultz" on this one[:D]
  • Options
    ChrisInTempeChrisInTempe Member Posts: 15,562
    edited November -1
    Could just be that some lawyer or prosecutor has an "everyone gets a subpoena" way of doing things.

A criminal defense lawyer had me served once. Homicide case, woman died. They couldn't find me because I worked on the road so much then. When I found out I called them and explained I was eager to testify, and no I wasn't friendly to their client.

They still served me, said they served everyone no matter what.

Maybe it's like that?

Just without the dead body thing?
  • Options
    Spider7115Spider7115 Member, Moderator Posts: 29,714 ******
    edited November -1
    Well, there's always the truth. Just tell them what you saw. Who issued the subpoena? The prosecutor or the defense attorney?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    exactly that's my plan , I would not lie just because he is related , I all ready filled out a statement the night he crashed , with what I knew and that's all I can verify ,

quote:Originally posted by Spider7115
    Well, there's always the truth. Just tell them what you saw. Who issued the subpoena? The prosecutor or the defense attorney?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Spider7115
    I'm gonna guess...Defense
  • Options
    xxx97xxx97 Member Posts: 5,721
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by reloader44mag
    Ya may just have to pull a "Sgt Shultz" on this one[:D]
    [:D]
  • Options
    LesWVaLesWVa Member Posts: 10,490 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Ditch-Runner
    a deputy sheriff just pulled in gave me a subpoena to appear in court on Monday at 11:30 am [V]

related to a the post I made about out a month ago when the fellow crashed in my front yard ( ended up being my second cousin )

I think I would just stop making post..[:0]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Me being called in is Unrelated to the post I made , its just the background I used to explain to the GB gang why I was visited.

the "State " has requested my attendance on there behalf, so I will say the prosecutor is wanting my personal presence [;)]