In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

What do you look at first?

Patriots sonPatriots son Member Posts: 915 ✭✭✭✭
edited June 2006 in General Discussion
When you goto GB site what is the item or weapon, that you always check on first? Mine would be Ak's and Ar's, and related items (mags, optics)

Comments

• Options
    kristovkristov Member Posts: 6,633
    edited November -1
    There are about a dozen folks on this board who's posts I always look for because they always offerup interesting subjects, sound opinions or because they are experts in specific technical areas which interest me. I also check out the posts of a few other guys because these fellows are always good for a laugh or two, which is almost always unintentional!
  • Options
    COLTCOLT Member Posts: 12,637 ******
    edited November -1
    ...1911 platforms...Colts, and finally, old Rem, Mossberg .22 rifles...[;)]

ani-texas-flag.gif
  • Options
    bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by kristov
    There are about a dozen folks on this board who's posts I always look for because they always offerup interesting subjects, sound opinions or because they are experts in specific technical areas which interest me. I also check out the posts of a few other guys because these fellows are always good for a laugh or two, which is almost always unintentional!

Dad, the credit card and bank draft have not arrived yet. Please expedite, I'll pick my own S Class from the dealer in Cincinnati.

Thanks,
    Your new son,
    Bruce [:D][:D]
  • Options
    MossbergboogieMossbergboogie Member Posts: 12,211
    edited November -1
    Depends on what i want to buy the most right now the first thing i check is the 5906 Smith and wesson or the 5903, and then i move to howa .308 or any mossberg rifles and somtimes i get that lever itch.
  • Options
    select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by chrishiher
    Depends on what i want to buy the most right now the first thing i check is the 5906 Smith and wesson or the 5903, and then i move to howa .308 or any mossberg rifles and somtimes i get that lever itch.
    Got any idea what a S an W Model 59, in Nickel is worth? 95% or better.
  • Options
    kimberkidkimberkid Member Posts: 8,857 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Lately its been 22 lever rifles, mainly Marlin 39's

a few months ago it was AK's parts kits and such ... before that it was Steyr's of all descriptions ... before that it was HK's ... before that it was AK's and SKS's before that it was AR's ...

Some where in there were mixed in Mauser's, Kimbers, Remington's, 10-22's and Mark II's ... and other stuff [^]
    If you really desire something, you'll find a way ?
    ? otherwise, you'll find an excuse.
  • Options
    SGSG Member Posts: 7,548
    edited November -1
    First thing I check is if there are any new posts by Remote Girl[:p][:D]
  • Options
    dlrjjdlrjj Member Posts: 5,528 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I look for posts by a few of the folks who have some real insight and good opinions on a variety of topics. If I do not see any, I check some old posts, pull up a few names, and check to see where they have been viewing or posting, and go from there. That will usually get me to a couple of interesting threads with some information that has value to me. After that, I look for the topics that will provide a good laugh.
    Tax evasion is illegal, tax avoidance is an art form.
  • Options
    MVPMVP Member Posts: 25,074
    edited November -1
    I always look for the good deals first then move onto the forums when I can't find the deal I want or when I find the good deals I always get out bid.
  • Options
    kimberkidkimberkid Member Posts: 8,857 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by dano
    Hey KimberKid......there was sumpthin really important that I wanted to ask you.

Now.....I forget what it was.........[V]
    Come on dano ... we aint that old yet!
    Shoot me an email when it comes to ya, I haven't been around much lately!

- still livin by dano's golden rule:
    "When in doubt ... buy it!"
    If you really desire something, you'll find a way ?
    ? otherwise, you'll find an excuse.
  • Options
    Colonel PlinkColonel Plink Member Posts: 16,460
    edited November -1
    I go to revolvers and start wishin' all over older Smith N-frames and Ruger single actions. Then I usually check to see how 4" Security Sixes are selling for so I can kick my self in the nether regions for selling my pristine little beauty for $250 to a friend.
  • Options
    willdallas2006willdallas2006 Member Posts: 285 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    A new 22 jennings. Not because I think its a gun worthy of owning, I just want to buy a new one and then see how many rounds it takes to blow it up.
  • Options
    IAMACLONE_2IAMACLONE_2 Member Posts: 4,725
    edited November -1
    Was looking at Polytechs,Norinco's, AR's, M1a1's, & C3 stuff.
    Now it's pre-sample keepers!!!
    [:p][:p][:p]
    Been like a mad dog in a meathouse.
    Now if the $ holds out, I will be "gripeen"
    Walte
  • Options
    HokkmikeHokkmike Member Posts: 577 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ak's, semi auto handguns. Unless I am looking to purchase something in particular.
  • Options
    tacking1tacking1 Member Posts: 3,844
    edited November -1
    I'm a forum junkie so I go there first.

as far as weapons...I am a collector of humpback remington shotguns. The Model 11s and the Sportsman.

I need a sportsman 16ga badly!

so far I have the set in sportsman with poly choke and model 11 straight barrell.
  • Options
    MossbergboogieMossbergboogie Member Posts: 12,211
    edited November -1
    quote:as far as weapons...I am a collector of humpback remington shotguns. The Model 11s and the Sportsman.

I never knew that, i have a 12 with the ingraved reciver but its in bad bad need of repair. and numrich kept sending the wrong parts so the project has haulted.
  • Options
    scottm21166scottm21166 Member Posts: 20,723
    edited November -1
    I check my auctions first...I look at my watch list which includes browning...colt ...winchester...beretta. then I check the other sites for the same ...still looking for that NIB Belgin sweet 16 with a round knob 28 inch vented rib mod choke
  • Options
    gjshawgjshaw Member Posts: 14,697 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I look for used schmidt bender scopes then weatherby XXII and 340 mag. then winchester model 70 deluxe guns. If noting is interesting or reasonable then I go to the forums for fun. I read them alot but post very seldom as you can see from my numbers.
  • Options
    n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    Generally listings in the pre- 1898 section. Never know what you'll find.

If nothing is of interest in antiques, I search curios by manufacturer:

Marlin
    Winchester
    Savage
    Stevens
    Remington
    and so on....

Love those old guns.[;)]
  • Options
    MVPMVP Member Posts: 25,074
    edited November -1
    I just got done looking at all the assault rifles before coming here.
  • Options
    wanted manwanted man Member Posts: 3,276
    edited November -1
    patriot asked, "What do you look at first?"
    For some odd reason, the * usually GETS my attention! Of course, I have to get a good look at the face before I "waste" any time with the legs, breasts, etc. Hair is kinda important, too..........

Oh, I finished reading your post, you were talking about guns........[}:)][:0][:)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by wanted man
    patriot asked, "What do you look at first?"
    For some odd reason, the * usually GETS my attention! Of course, I have to get a good look at the face before I "waste" any time with the legs, breasts, etc. Hair is kinda important, too..........

Oh, I finished reading your post, you were talking about guns........[}:)][:0][:)]
    You were talking GUNS werent you?[}:)]
  • Options
    TheBrassManTheBrassMan Member Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Very LARGE handguns [:p]
    I want a 454 casull. Then maybe S&W 500 [:o)]
  • Options
    tazzertazzer Member Posts: 16,837
    edited November -1
    what ever im in the mood to buy is what i look for and if i find a auction thats in my range then boom im on it like a blood hound [:D][:D][:D][:D][:D]
  • Options
    godalejrgodalejr Member Posts: 2,038 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    by manufature
    marlin
    remington
    savage
  • Options
    sandwarriorsandwarrior Member Posts: 5,453 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Mausers, Mausers, Mausers. So many, so mundane but so unique is each original and sporterized one.
  • Options
    MosinNagantDiscipleMosinNagantDisciple Member Posts: 2,612
    edited November -1
    I type in 7.62x54r and hit search. Usually come up with the same old same old (e.g. ammotogo's numerous auctions for outrageously priced AP/incendiary ammunition). But sometimes there will be something interesting.
  • Options
    Red223Red223 Member Posts: 7,946
    edited November -1
    What makes me mad is that the AR parts here never change. Overpriced most of the time.

Fleabay had all kinds of AR parts when they allowed it, people PAID to list it for sale.

How those people have not found this auction site to list things for free is beyond me.