In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Long Gun Shipping

glock64glock64 Member Posts: 16 ✭✭
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
Hello. I am new to the forums and a new FFL holder. I was hoping some of you could help me with some ideas on shipping long guns. Who to use, package suppliers etc. Thanks.

The right to self defense is God given!

Comments

• D@DD@D Member Posts: 4,407
    edited November -1
    I package them my self then use UPS.
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    You can send LONG guns through the US mail, cheaper than UPS or that other carrier..Just take the copy of the FFL where it is going to the post office with ya. I sent one to VA from Florida and it only cost 17 bucks with 500 dollars insurance..Signature required, receipt notified.

animatflip.gif

"I dont care how thin you make a pancake, it still has two sides"

"A wise man is a man that realizes just how little he knows.
    Hudson.gif
    900.gif
  • Contender ManContender Man Member Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    As an FFL you can send both handguns and long guns through the US Mail. All you need to do is complete some paperwork. Talk to your postmaster ... not the guy/gal on the desk as they are not as well versed with regs. as the PM.

bomb_line_3.gif
    If you only have time to do two things so-so, or one thing well ... do the one thing!
  • glock64glock64 Member Posts: 16 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks all. I guess I did not realize, for whatever reason that I could send long guns by usps. I thought I could only send hand guns this way.
    I appreciate it.[8D]

The right to self defense is God given!