In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

ARMY

0341USMC0341USMC Member Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited December 2006 in General Discussion
I'm looking for a gift for my dad.He was in the Army during Korea.
Were do you go to get your army things? Bumper stickers and stuff like that.[:)]
Thanks
Scott

Comments

• Options
    n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    Easyest to find on base if you still have base privleges. All the PX's seem to have that stuff.

Other than that, Army /Navy military surplus Stores
  • Options
    Mk 19Mk 19 Member Posts: 8,170
    edited November -1
    Go to a gun show, there is always a bunch of stuff there, t-shirts bumper stickers, all the little stuff
  • Options
    edited November -1
    He wants one of those whole rear window stickers.Since the goofball jumped out of good airplanes.Jump wings would be nice
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I'll try and find the web sites to order from 4 U. I have some written down someplace in my junk pile on my desk here.

I'll e-mail them when I find them.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    cool thanks[8D]
  • Options
    rogue_robrogue_rob Member Posts: 7,033 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Let me know the size you want. Was he senior or master rated? I can pick it up at the clothing sales here and send it to you. Shoot me an email with what you want.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by rogue_rob
    Let me know the size you want. Was he senior or master rated? I can pick it up at the clothing sales here and send it to you. Shoot me an email with what you want.
    There you go USMC.

Them Airborne guys stick together.[;)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Looks like the one you have here but without the star.
  • Options
    tsavo303tsavo303 Member Posts: 8,903 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    ebay has some of everything
  • Options
    11b6r11b6r Member Posts: 16,588 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Rogue Rob- you are a gentleman and a scholar. For others that may be looking- US Cavalry Store, or Ranger Joes Surplus in Columbus GA. If you are active duty or retired, US Army Bookstore, Ft Benning GA 31905.
  • Options
    joeaf1911a1joeaf1911a1 Member Posts: 2,962 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    How about a book on his outfit in Korea. Preferably one published by
    for outfit if he doesnt have one already. Sometimes they can be found on E Bay.
  • Options
    Wild OkieWild Okie Member Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My Dad was there too . He had one of the most dangerous jobs one could have . He drove a beer truck. Seriously he drove a supply truck and said he hauled mostly beer. Snipers were a big problem. He told me of a few of his stories where he had to pull over and shoot it out with snipers .

So when some one ask me what your dad do in the army. I uh well he drove a beer truck.[:D]

PS. Thanks for this post. You have given me a something I can get him for Christmas he would not expect.[:)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Wild Okie
    My Dad was there too . He had one of the most dangerous jobs one could have . He drove a beer truck. Seriously he drove a supply truck and said he hauled mostly beer. Snipers were a big problem. He told me of a few of his stories where he had to pull over and shoot it out with snipers .

So when some one ask me what your dad do in the army. I uh well he drove a beer truck.[:D]

PS. Thanks for this post. You have given me a something I can get him for Christmas he would not expect.[:)]

What is that? A Bud Sign![:D][}:)][;)][:o)]
  • Options
    Wild OkieWild Okie Member Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My Dad it would be PBR or Fallstaff.[:D] quote:Originally posted by *_r_done
    quote:Originally posted by Wild Okie

What is that? A Bud Sign![:D][}:)][;)][:o)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I'll try to swing by the clothing sales tomorrow and pick it up. I got your addy and will toss it in the mail.

Tell your pop merry christmas from me.
  • Options
    Patriots sonPatriots son Member Posts: 915 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'll try to swing by the clothing sales tomorrow and pick it up. I got your addy and will toss it in the mail.

Tell your pop merry christmas from me.
    Rob, You are a Class Act!!!! Your parents done good!!
  • Options
    11BravoCrunchie11BravoCrunchie Member Posts: 33,423 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    A US Army Ka Bar and a 1903A3 Springfield.
  • Options
    sarge_3adsarge_3ad Member Posts: 8,387 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I've found alot of things just surfing the net. Alot of times, just by Googleing his old Division or Regiment, they'll have their own web site with a memorbilia store.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    On the way. Hope it's enough. They didn't have what I was looking for but he may enjoy it.

Should be there monday or tuesday.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    On the way. Hope it's enough. They didn't have what I was looking for but he may enjoy it.

Should be there monday or tuesday.
    HEY,Thanks very much.
    Scott