In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Gun Shows

InvictaInvicta Member Posts: 262 ✭✭✭
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
Does anybody know if any gun shows are coming to Northwest IN.

Comments

• InvictaInvicta Member Posts: 262 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Shotgun News website seems to be down. Where else do you go for finding dates/times/locations of gun shows in your area?
    edited November -1
    Just got back from one in Chattanooga at the Shriner's Club. I saw ammo at about twice the price it is right now at Walmart and guns about 25% higher then they go all day long at gunbroker. I was at one guy's table while he was selling some poor guy a lcp for 400. The table next to him had one marked for $350. My question is why would anyone pay over 300 right now? Why do people just go there and try to rip people off? Why not actually price a gun for what its worth and then sell many guns instead of bringing your same over priced crap to every show and get maybe one sucker to buy from you?
    I think that's my last gun show for awhile.
    edited November -1
    I am a collector and generally buy my guns near where I live but have been going to shows near the border of other states. Is is legal for me to buy a gun from a person who is not a FFL from another state? Or sell a gun to somebody who is not a FFL from another state. Seems to me there is about as many non dealers as there are dealers with tables these days
    edited November -1
    this weekend two gun shows one each about 40 to 45 miles from me one north in Lima Oh. one south Dayton Oh . will go to at least one maybe both . its been over a year since I have been to either one .
    I am sure there will be no great deals but just a field trip to get out of the house for a while . never know what you may run across
    edited November -1
    I took my granddaughter to a gun show here in Savannah today after church.I've never seen so much crap in my life.First they charged me $8.00 admission for an eight year old,then when we got inside it was vendors selling magnetic bracelets,toys,pocket books, and guns that looked like they had been used to paddle a boat.Is this normal at gun shows now or is this just an example of a promoter who will rent tables to anybody?If this has become the norm i'll be doing more business on GB or out of shotgun news.
    edited November -1
    I hear the tulsa gun show is a really good one to go tou.Anybody here have any comments on this?Our local gun shows suck!!
    edited November -1
    So what is the best state for number and quality of gun shows?
    edited November -1
    I sold at gun shows starting in 1992 and did GREAT until 1995 when it kinda ended. It picked back up in 2000 but that was a short perk. I completely quit in 2003 frustrated. I really enjoy the business and would love to start up again but I do not want to waste the time and money setting up for a loser show again. How are shows doing now? Are they profitable again?
    Thanks,
    Michael
    edited November -1
    Have you ever bought anything from a gun show? There is one in the aera this weekend am thinking of going. What ? to ask or anything to watch out for if I do go.
    edited November -1
    Does anyone in Oklahoma know when the next big gun show is in Tulsa?
    edited November -1
    Does anybody know if there are any guns shows in the Pittsburgh, PA or southwestern PA area?
    edited November -1
    HI, I AM CHECKING FOR ANY UPCOMING GUN SHOWS.I WOULD APPRECIATE ANY INFO. THANKS AND GOD BLESS THE USA
    edited November -1
    Can anyone give or tell me where to go to find dates for Jackson,Ms. And Mobile,Ala. in April? Thanks
  • Big Sky RedneckBig Sky Redneck Member Posts: 19,752 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    They usualy have one once a year at the Expo Center in Monroeville wich is just east of Pittsburg on Rt22

line2.gif
    email2b.gif
    hillbilly.gif
  • He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 51,447 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Go to the search engines (several, different ones hit different sites) put in Gun show and hit enter. You will get a pile of shows and several sites that offer regional calendars. (sorry don't have any of them bookmarked).

He Dog
    edited November -1