In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Guns don't kill people, Knives do!!!

Travis HallamTravis Hallam Member Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭✭
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
Just thought I would share a story. I have a custom knife collection and my biological father bought a nice custom made hunter for my birthday. Before he could send it, someone broke into his place in Sacramento and stole it. Police called him a year later and asked him to identify the knife. Turns out somebody used it to kill someone. Never did get the knife back because it was evidence.[:(]

Mad Dog

Comments

• SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    It certainly is a crazy world.

Sorry to hear you never got the knife.

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent
  • muggstermuggster Member Posts: 420 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Aw man,that sucks.How long does it have to be EVIDENCE?Seems to me after the trial is over(assuming they catch the perp)they could let loose of it.

Muggster
  • Travis HallamTravis Hallam Member Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I don't think they ever release evidence in a murder trial. It was about 2 years ago when the guy got convicted. So I am out a nice knife.

Mad Dog
  • FrogdogFrogdog Member Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have a shotgun from my grandpa that someone stole from the house and murdered a guy with. The police marked it and returned it. Seems like you should have a right to get your property back if you want it.
  • jpwolfjpwolf Member Posts: 9,164
    edited November -1
    If only they had NICS and registration for knives, this never would have happened!

"If there must be trouble let it be in my day, that my child may have peace" -Thomas Paine

If the people have become so apathetic that they will not vote out all the liberal scum (republican and democrat alike), the only solution is Constitutional Convention II the sequel. Let's get it right this time.
  • IconoclastIconoclast Member Posts: 10,515 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The laws / procedures for retaining evidence vary by jurisdiction - ask your father (it was not in your posession at the time of the theft even though you were the intended recipient, so I doubt you have standing to pursue the matter) to inquire on the procedures in his jurisdiction and to file a claim. It may take a while, but you might still be able to secure its return.

"There is nothing lower than the human race - except the French." (Mark Twain) ". . . And DemoCraps" (me)
  • InvictaInvicta Member Posts: 262 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    thats why we need knife control and hammer control and stair control. all of these things kill people especially those evil stairways. lol im kidding if you couldnt tell.