In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

somebody please explain this to me

Comments

• Options
    schotzi1schotzi1 Member Posts: 307 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    STRANGE

"meet me in Margaritaville"
  • Options
    EndlssEndlss Member Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I did it like ten times and it was right every time. I even picked my number before I hit the again button a few times.
  • Options
    mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
    edited November -1
    I have no idea exactly why that worked (I used the number 29) and I am afraid to think about it too much. Who knows what else the computer may be able to do!

Mark T. Christian
  • Options
    daddodaddo Member Posts: 3,408
    edited November -1
    Did this last year. It's simple mathmatics, but none the less, very interesting.
  • Options
    EndlssEndlss Member Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Now that I look at it there are only 90 pink squares, but 99 numbers listed. Everytime you hit the again button the symbols change numbers. So really if your number is next to a symbol it could be percieved as yours, but it could be for two numbers. And there are only like 18 or 20 symbols to the 99 numbers......ah who cares it was cool.
  • Options
    ATFATF Member Posts: 11,683 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Here's how it's done,so I'm told.

When the page opens, note the symbol for 9 in the lower left-hand corner...then look at 18, 27, 36, 45, 54, 63, 72, and 81. They are all the same. If you close the window, then open it again, the symbol will change, but 9, 18, 27,......81 are still the same. So?

Anytime you take a two-digit muber and subtract the sum of the two digits, you will get 9, 18, 27,........81. So the game will show you that symbol. Next time, it will be different to keep you from catching on in repeated tries.

standard.jpg
    Limerick.gif

There are 2 times when a man doesn't understand a woman
    - before marriage and after marriage

ATF,Eagle Guns
  • Options
    schotzi1schotzi1 Member Posts: 307 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Originally posted by ATF
    Here's how it's done,so I'm told.

When the page opens, note the symbol for 9 in the lower left-hand corner...then look at 18, 27, 36, 45, 54, 63, 72, and 81. They are all the same. If you close the window, then open it again, the symbol will change, but 9, 18, 27,......81 are still the same. So?

Anytime you take a two-digit muber and subtract the sum of the two digits, you will get 9, 18, 27,........81. So the game will show you that symbol. Next time, it will be different to keep you from catching on in repeated tries.

After playing with it some more I did catch that. It is kinda cool. You could have some real fun with some "not so smart" or gullable friends.

"meet me in Margaritaville"