In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

An observation and a question..

ruger270manruger270man Member Posts: 9,361 ✭✭
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
Weird Pointless Observation: In public bathrooms, when it reads "All Employees Must Wash Hands", its not to remind the employees to wash their hands. Its to make the customer feel better, and makes them think "This is a clean place", when in reality, its probably not.

Weird Question: When people talk about full size pickups, and they say 1/2 ton, 1/4 ton, full ton, what do they mean? Like, I usually go by 1500, 2500, 3500, or with fords, f150, f250, f350. Whats what?

[:D]

GWB_logo_100.gifGWB_logo_100.gifGWB_logo_100.gifErie.gif
banner-small.jpg
www.awbansunset.com

Comments

• paboogerpabooger Member Posts: 13,953
    edited November -1
    f150 heavy half
    250 3/4 ton
    350 1 ton

pa.gif

Rixford.gif

Kids that fish, hunt and trap have never mugged any old ladies!

To Ride, shoot straight,and speak the truth
    This was the Ancient law of Youth
    Old times are past, old times are done:
    But the Law runs true, O little son!
  • DancesWithSheepDancesWithSheep Member Posts: 12,938 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hey Pa: Do they still have the "Please Don't Eat The Big Mint" sign above public urinals in Rixford?
  • paboogerpabooger Member Posts: 13,953
    edited November -1
    Urinals??? we don't have no urinals!!! Were still using the one holer, with the Sears catalog and corn cob for hiney ribbon!!! Some of the well off residents are lucky enough to have a two holer!!! Ill bet they have the mints!!![:D]

pa.gif

Rixford.gif

Kids that fish, hunt and trap have never mugged any old ladies!

To Ride, shoot straight,and speak the truth
    This was the Ancient law of Youth
    Old times are past, old times are done:
    But the Law runs true, O little son!
  • jsergovicjsergovic Member Posts: 5,526
    edited November -1
    quote: Its to make the customer feel better,

It's a Health Code requirement. Some people don't see a connection with e-coli and stomach and intestinal tract illnesses i.e. minimum wage dishwashers who do food prep, and handle the "cleaned" dishes/bowls/etc.

And my Ford 1/2 ton? It'll barely haul 1200 pounds, while I could dump a full yard + into my scrawny Mighty Max (1/2 ton).
  • brier-49brier-49 Member Posts: 7,078 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    the last time i was in a bathroom with that sign i waited and waited but no employee showed up so i washed my hands myself
  • schotzi1schotzi1 Member Posts: 307 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have been a restaurant manager and trust me it does NOT make a difference if they wash there hands after the bathroom. It is the other things you need to worry about. AND for everything you see - Think of what you DON'T see!

Be responsible
    Be intelligent
    Be REPUBLICAN