In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Liberty safe explosion

Comments

• Options
    montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 58,035 ******
    edited November -1
    [:0][:0][:0][^][^][^]
  • Options
    Cornflk1Cornflk1 Member Posts: 3,715 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Makes me feel a lot better about my own safe now. I have a fatboy liberty.
  • Options
    catgunguycatgunguy Member Posts: 6,089
    edited November -1
    They must have good welds.
  • Options
    Big Sky RedneckBig Sky Redneck Member Posts: 19,752 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Flying Clay Disk
    I'm not sure I understand what that test is supposed to prove.

It proves that if the antis are right and your guns plan a hostile takeover that even if they set off the Tannerite you keep in your safe that they will not escape and trying to escape will result in thier destruction.
  • Options
    Dads3040Dads3040 Member Posts: 13,552 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I am afraid you guys are missing the point.

The question should be: Where does a guy get some of those explosives so we can do out own 'tests'?

[:p][:p][:p][:p]
  • Options
    jonkjonk Member Posts: 10,121
    edited November -1
    I don't give a flying you know what about whether a safe can withstand being blown up from the inside. No one who breaks in is going to use nitro to try to get into a safe anyhow. Make it fireproof and with a lock hard enough to defeat a drill bit, that's enough for me.
  • Options
    wpagewpage Member Posts: 10,204 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Is this like a scene from the movie. Butch Casidy and Sundance kid rob the train...
  • Options
    mogley98mogley98 Member Posts: 18,297 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    odd that one safe blew apart and the other didn't even swell.
    Why don't we go to school and work on the weekends and take the week off!
  • Options
    OakieOakie Member Posts: 40,519 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I own four Liberty safes, for this reason. No safe is full proof and I have personally seen liberty broken into, at one of their store demos, but the guy that did it, worked for liberty and knew where to drill to get into the safe. I bought my first one at the NRA convention in Philadelphia, after looking at many types. They were just constructed better and at the time had a better fire rating. Having said all that, I still would love to be able to someday own a Pendleton. Those safe are friggen awesome, with the turn stile inside them and the amount of guns you can put in them. It is also easier to get firearms in and out of a pendleton, then any other safe. They cost about four to five times what a liberty cost. Oakie
  • Options
    fishkiller41fishkiller41 Member Posts: 50,608
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by us55840
    quote:Originally posted by mogley98
    odd that one safe blew apart and the other didn't even swell.

Nothing amazing about that.

ANYTHNG can be done on film.

[:D][;)]

But, the guy said they used EQUAL amounts...
  • Options
    mrs102mrs102 Member Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Maybe a safe (full of black powder) that blows apart when it is being improperly entered (sparks) isn't such a bad idea. Keep the other valuables somewhere else and let the idiots, government or otherwise, who want to get into this safe............well you get the idea.