In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Cops kill man trying to reunite with girlfriend!

Comments

• Mr. FriendlyMr. Friendly Member Posts: 7,981
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Rebel_James
    Those Jack-Booted-Thugs strike again!

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/local/breakingnews/sfl-man-shot-dead-palm-051509,0,133453.story
    where will it stop?
  • SpartacusSpartacus Member Posts: 14,415
    edited November -1
    something ain't right here...
    the Mom's name is pranorm chaijinda and the daughter is alice? just plain old alice??!!
    and the dead guys name is/was gleen dean gomez? GLEEN??!!
    it ain't right.
    who is it here that says the gene pool needs chlorine?.....
  • Survivalist86Survivalist86 Member Posts: 3,105
    edited November -1

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/local/breakingnews/sfl-man-shot-dead-palm-051509,0,133453.story

I disagree on this one. This was justified in defense of life and/or property of the woman.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by dano
    quote:Originally posted by Survivalist86

I disagree on this one. This was justified in defense of life and/or property of the woman.

Yer a little on the slow side ain't ya? [:D]

Sometimes, under the influence of my favorite distilled spirit such as I am tonight.
  • Laredo LeftyLaredo Lefty Member Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Whats wrong with shooting someone who is about to slit someones throat?

And that gal is probably buying those Jack Booted Thugs dinner tonite.
  • moonshinemoonshine Member Posts: 8,471
    edited November -1
    quote:About half an hour before the shooting, Gomez forced his way into a home in the 5100 block of Pine Abbey Road, just west of Forest Hill Boulevard and Haverhill Road, and abducted Alice Dupont, 21, Bradshaw said. Her mother, Pranorm Chaijinda, said Gomez stormed into the home while she was in the bathroom and demanded to see Dupont.

Chaijinda called 911 while Gomez was trying to force Dupont into a red Mazda. Dispatchers could hear screaming in the background, Bradshaw said.

that is enough to get your self shot.
  • drobsdrobs Member Posts: 22,613 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1

Deputies kill man near West Palm Beach
    Man was shot in vehicle as he was about to slit ex-girfriend's throat, sheriff says
    By C. Ron Allen and Patty Pensa | South Florida Sun-Sentinel
    6:54 PM EDT, May 15, 2009

PALM BEACH COUNTY - A harrowing abduction and chase ended with a 21-year-old man shot dead by Palm Beach County Sheriff's Office deputies Friday just as it appeared the man was about to slit his former girlfriend's throat, Sheriff Ric Bradshaw said.

The shooting occurred on the Southern Boulevard entrance ramp for eastbound traffic shortly before 10:30 a.m. Gleen Dean Gomez, of Miami, was pronounced dead at the scene.

About half an hour before the shooting, Gomez forced his way into a home in the 5100 block of Pine Abbey Road, just west of Forest Hill Boulevard and Haverhill Road, and abducted Alice Dupont, 21, Bradshaw said. Her mother, Pranorm Chaijinda, said Gomez stormed into the home while she was in the bathroom and demanded to see Dupont.

Chaijinda called 911 while Gomez was trying to force Dupont into a red Mazda. Dispatchers could hear screaming in the background, Bradshaw said.

Law enforcement officers were searching for the car when deputies saw it near Forest Hill Boulevard and U.S. 441, Bradshaw said.

"It was a sight to behold," said Marilyn Howard, who was traveling along Forest Hill Boulevard when the cars passed her, forcing her off the road.

"They passed me like a bat out of hell," said Howard, 46 of Wellington. "The lights and sirens were going and that car was moving. They scared me."

The deputies chased the Mazda north on 441 until the car turned right, onto the entrance ramp.

There, one deputy boxed in the car, forcing it to stop. Inside, Gomez, in the passenger seat, held a knife to the woman's throat, Bradshaw said.

"It appeared to the officers that he was going to slash her throat," Bradshaw said.

At least two deputies fired, he said.

Dupont was treated at an area hospital for minor injuries she suffered from broken glass and released.

"These deputies did a fantastic job," Bradshaw said. "They saved this woman's life."

Chaijinda said her daughter was finishing course work at Florida Atlantic University and was planning to attend medical school.

Neighbor Richard Milton, a state corrections officer, told The Palm Beach Post that Gomez came by his home late Thursday and asked to use his phone. He also said he wanted to break into the girl's home to get a butter knife.

"I told him, 'No, I can't do that. I am a law enforcement officer," Milton told the newspaper. "I can't allow you to break into a house."

Staff Writer Missy Diaz contributed to this report. C. Ron Allen can be reached at crallen@SunSentinel.com or 561-243-6611
  • pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by tplumeri
    who is it here that says the gene pool needs chlorine?.....
    That be me. [;)]
  • ElMuertoMonkeyElMuertoMonkey Member Posts: 12,898
    edited November -1

Nice bit of sarcasm there![8D]
  • Rebel_JamesRebel_James Member Posts: 4,746
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by ElMuertoMonkey

Nice bit of sarcasm there![8D]

That's what I was doing, but some didn't get it, lol.[}:)]
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by dano
    Sometimes, ya just gotta spell it out for some people. [;)]

I ever tell you about how my safe melted down when it was struck by lightning??
  • mateomasfeomateomasfeo Member Posts: 27,143
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Survivalist86

I ever tell you about how my safe melted down when it was struck by lightning??

Oh, please spin another terribly creative tale for us.

zzz-zz-zzz

quote:
    Cops kill man trying to reunite with girlfriend!

They were trying to do him a favor...
  • allen griggsallen griggs Member Posts: 35,509 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Good shooting!
  • BT3BT3 Member Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Scratch another bad guy ! [:D]
  • mrs102mrs102 Member Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Jeeeez! Couldn't they have just shot the knife out of his hand!!!