In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

C&R List

toad67toad67 Member Posts: 13,019 ✭✭✭✭
edited February 2012 in General Discussion
Still looking into a C&R List. I have the 16 Q&A's on the ATF site but I can't seem to find the list of elligable guns. Can anyone point me in the right direction...Thanks.

Todd

Comments

• Options
    toad67toad67 Member Posts: 13,019 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    http://www.atf.gov/firearms/curios/2001index.htm

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

Edmund Burke
  • Options
    gesshotsgesshots Member Posts: 15,679 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Go on the ATF website and order or download a free copy of:

ATF Publication 5300.11

Firearms Curios or Relics List

http://www.atf.gov/publications/firearms/curios-relics/

Lots of other free publications and forms at:

http://www.atf.gov/publications/firearms/

[;)]
    It's being willing. I found out early that most men, regardless of cause or need, aren't willing. They blink an eye or draw a breath before they pull the trigger. I won't. ~ J.B. Books
  • Options
    DocDoc Member Posts: 13,899 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Any gun 50 years old is automatically qualified. The list the ATF maintains is only for those guns that were qualified for some reason before hitting 50 years. Some folks mistakenly think the list is all the guns qualified but it is not. Most are not on the list.
    ....................................................................................................
    Too old to live...too young to die...
  • Options
    gesshotsgesshots Member Posts: 15,679 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Doc,
    ATF-5300.11 defines exactly what a C&R firearm is and while it may not be a 100% list, it certainly reports most of the C&R firearms available.

Please let me know if there is a more comprehensive catalog.

Thanks
    It's being willing. I found out early that most men, regardless of cause or need, aren't willing. They blink an eye or draw a breath before they pull the trigger. I won't. ~ J.B. Books
  • Options
    nmyersnmyers Member Posts: 16,880 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I got this several years ago in a letter from ATF:

"The curio or relic list contains certain outdated or redundant listings; however, ATF is prohibited by law from spending any allocated funds to delete any firearm from the curio or relics list. Therefore, we are unable to update and correct the listings. We regret any confusion, which may have occurred."

The only reason for this would be a rider on their appropriations bill by an anti-gun member of Congress, likely a VPC stooge. They like to do this sort of thing to irritate gun owners.

Neal
  • Options
    KEVD18KEVD18 Member Posts: 15,037
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by nmyers
    I got this several years ago in a letter from ATF:

"The curio or relic list contains certain outdated or redundant listings; however, ATF is prohibited by law from spending any allocated funds to delete any firearm from the curio or relics list. Therefore, we are unable to update and correct the listings. We regret any confusion, which may have occurred."

The only reason for this would be a rider on their appropriations bill by an anti-gun member of Congress, likely a VPC stooge. They like to do this sort of thing to irritate gun owners.

Neal

to my eyes, deleting redundancies is a waste of my money(as was the initial listing of said redundancy). let em stay and save that money for adding guns to the list.
  • Options
    DocDoc Member Posts: 13,899 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    gesshots- You are making a common mistake.

C&R is for Curios and Relics. A Curio is a gun with some historic value, such as a special edition or limited production item that someone (anyone can make the application- I did it once) applied for C&R status and got it listed. The Relic is ANY gun 50 years of age or older.

Think of all the thousands of guns that have been made. There is no way that list has them all. They don't list guns that are Relics, only Curios... those that get C&R status before turning 50 due to some special significance. The Relics, guns 50 years old or more, are automatically granted C&R status and are NOT on the list.
    ....................................................................................................
    Too old to live...too young to die...
  • Options
    mrs102mrs102 Member Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1