In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Thoughts and prayers needed for a fellow gun nut!

jjmitchell60jjmitchell60 Member Posts: 3,887
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
I just picked my close friend up from the hospital today and he broke the news to me that they finally told him he has terminal cancer. Without treatments he has maybe 2 months and with them 2 years if they work! He has no family to speak of except mine and my cousin who treat him as family. He put me on the spot with some questions about when he dies and he has given up hope. If anyone needs prayers and thoughts, he does. My kids will take the news really hard when I tell them tonight. I and the wife took it pretty hard. Even though he is older than I, he is out here so much we think of him as one of the kids. Any prayers and good thoughts for him would be greatly appreciated.

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four Americans is suffering from some form of mental illness. Think of your three best friends. If they're okay, then it's you.
Rita Mae Brown

Comments

• select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,446 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • tr foxtr fox Member Posts: 13,856
    edited November -1
    jjmitchell60: My hopes for your friend is that he recovers. You might check the internet for new and expermental cancer treatments, there are a bunch of them out there, not sure how to locate them. If there is little hope for your friend he might want to try one of the expermential treatments.

Quote "Somehow government decided that the Constitutional Bill of Rights has become the Bill of "Suggested" Rights and are to be rationed to the citizens as the power elite sees fit"
  • nunnnunn Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 36,061 ******
    edited November -1
    "Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? NO! It isn't over until WE say it's over!" John Belushi as Bluto in Animal House.

Same principle applies to your friend. I have seen people give up and die within weeks, and I have seen others fight and last much longer than the docs estimated.

Fighting = good.

Giving up = bad.

Ask him if he doesn't think he owes it to the people who love him to fight this fight really hard.

And remember, God is still in the miracle business.

SIG pistol armorer/FFL Dealer/Full time Peace Officer, Moderator of General Discussion Board on Gunbroker. Visit www.gunbroker.com the best gun auction site on the Net! Email davidnunn@texoma.net
  • punchiepunchie Member Posts: 2,792
    edited November -1
    Prayers sent. Check on the availability of Hospice in your area.They are a great help.

Cartoon_truck.gif

AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY<P>
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    Done

Eric

All American Arms Company

Veteran Owned and Operated
  • greeker375greeker375 Member Posts: 3,644
    edited November -1
    He's on the prayer list and will stay there!

"the difference between the almost right word and the right word is like the difference between a lightning bug and a lightning bolt" - Mark Twain.
  • longhunterlonghunter Member Posts: 3,242
    edited November -1
    We will pay for his recovery and for you and yours...strength!L.H.
  • SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    You both have my prayers.

Remember to never let him give up. My father has been going through cancer and he is doing very well now. He never gave up and always had faith.
    god bless

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent
  • paboogerpabooger Member Posts: 13,953
    edited November -1
    Consider it done!!!
  • outdoortexasoutdoortexas Member Posts: 4,780
    edited November -1
    Best thoughts for all of you.
  • dheffleydheffley Member Posts: 25,000
    edited November -1
    He's got them, and so do you folks! God Bless.

How you doin'!wolf_evil_smile_md_wht.gif
  • pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Count me in.

The gene pool needs chlorine.
  • hallchinaladyhallchinalady Member Posts: 142 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You have our prayers also

I learned at a young age; Don't say "I can't"; say "I'll try!"
    loader_raising_shovel_md_clr.gif?SSImageQuality=Full