In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

new puppy

Jacob2008Jacob2008 Member Posts: 19,528 ✭✭✭
edited December 2009 in General Discussion
New addition.. Full Blooded German Shepherd.. Meet Gustav

DSC02461.jpg
DSC02468.jpg
DSC02469.jpg
DSC02470.jpg

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    i've been thinking of a name all day, i have even been using the translator to be creative.

the dog is a Chihuahua, black with a small white spot between front legs.
    the main part to this whole dog is its ears, they are huge, i mean really huge. index finger deep 2 inches wide.

i have entertained perro negro, just cant sing it good enough.

now im stuck on sambo, it fits him, big ears, black an probly mixed.

i dont wont to be offensive to a lot of people, but if one has a problem, so what. cant please everybody.

so lets hear a few suggestions, or yeas or nays for SAMBO.
    I did liked the restaurant on hwy 52 at aviation ave.i think they changed it to dennys
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I'd forgotten how much fun and hard work a new poopy can be. I got an 8 week old St. Bernard, and she is taking over my life!! [:p][:p]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    As a trial (I think I have FINALLY figured out how to post pictures) I have a picture of my new pup to share. Ironically enough I am a University of Florida graduate, however, I've always wanted a Bulldog. Well, here is my new male Bulldog "Gator" along with my son Brenden. You can barely see the female Bulldog in the background and her name is "Florida". One day (I hope) they will be bred and I will have Florida Gator Bulldogs!! [8D] ghs

standard.jpg
  • Options
    edited November -1
    well my boy did good, and we'll be joined by one of his offspring soon! we studded him to friend of mine and we'll have two boxers! i can't believe i'm doing this, one is a handfull, now two? i must be out of my head[:D] i'll post some pics of the litter in a few weeks when they're born.

cody
  • Options
    edited November -1
    My kids just brought last night me an 8 week old german Sheppard puppy for father's day. Haven't had a dog for 3-4 years now -- last one got killed on the road because Dad wasn't watching [:(][V].

This one is just a ball of hair and a wagging tail. We have spent some of the morning down at the pond, bonding.

Think I'll name her Shilo.

I have good kids[^][^][^][^][^][^]
  • Options
    big truckerbig trucker Member Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I grew up with a German Shepard.
    We roamed alot of hills, hollers,and creek bottoms.
    Me,him and grand dads 22.
    Good memories.
    Enjoy your new friend Jacob.[^]
  • Options
    joshmb1982joshmb1982 Member Posts: 8,929
    edited November -1
    my best friend growing up had a pure bred german shepherd. that dog was a pain. extremely protective couldnt stand to se us horsing around. dog liked to get reactions out of me. id be other his place around 8 years old with my hand up in the air like i was being robbed. fricking dog liked to walk up behind me and nip my albows hitting my funny bone. never had any breakins at that house though.[;)]
  • Options
    CS8161CS8161 Member Posts: 13,595 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Beautiful pup!
  • Options
    storm6490storm6490 Member Posts: 8,010
    edited November -1
    congrats on your purchase of the best damn dog on the planet.

here is my gustav from Hard Pol?cia.
    gussy-1.jpg

and here is ranger von fartsalot.
    GROUSEtoyotaRanger.jpg

RangerMaggie09.jpg
    Maggie isnt a shepherd but she is a good german!

Is this your first GSD? If so, I have a really good book to lend you for a while...
  • Options
    storm6490storm6490 Member Posts: 8,010
    edited November -1
    I wonder how ECC's dog is doing. He got a really nice bloodline from Montana.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    No purchase necessary.. It is full blooded but no papers, which is fine.. It will be neutered.. It was free to good home, and it got one.

Nice dogs
  • Options
    scottm21166scottm21166 Member Posts: 20,723
    edited November -1
    thats a cute puppy...I love German Shepards, if i didn't have hunting dogs I would have one as a pet/companion... there is something cool about a big smart friendly dog that can be instantly converted into one of the most formidable weapons available with just one word. German shepards are one of the most loyal breeds as well and they will give their lives to save yours.
    I was a narcotics detection dog handler in the Air Force and worked DUSTY from a year old pup in patrol dog school all the way thru his narco training. It was awesome to see how quickly he got it.
    after I got out of the service, I bought a big, white German shepard I named TANK and trained him the same way, it was really fun to show him off for my friends who smoked weed...he would bust them every time...lol
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Dad has had two of them and my first dog was a halfbreed with a GS... I love this dog, he's my buddy.. Gotta remember not to love bit or gus more than each other.. its just new to have a pup in the house.. Gotta learn to watch him.. sneaky little devil!
  • Options
    Bubba JoelBubba Joel Member Posts: 5,161
    edited November -1
    Beautiful dog. I had one years ago and she traveled all over the country with me. I got her when she was 5 weeks old and she lived until she was 16 years old.. Sure miss Princess, good old dog..
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Bubba Joel
    Beautiful dog. I had one years ago and she traveled all over the country with me. I got her when she was 5 weeks old and she lived until she was 16 years old.. Sure miss Princess, good old dog..
    Gus is 7-8 weeks old.. He is already potty trained to an extent, I said "Gus, pee pee" and he went right to the door... The squirrels were kind of distracting him but he went right out
  • Options
    ~Mr. Colt .45~~Mr. Colt .45~ Member Posts: 1,546 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have two of them. IMO the best breed ever.

Dixon on the left, Hanna on the right, and the worlds smartest dog in the middle her name is Zoey, she is a sheltie which is another great breed. She can do every trick in the book and also does hand signals. She was also and award winning agility dog.

DSCN1544.jpg

dscn1547.jpg
  • Options
    ~Mr. Colt .45~~Mr. Colt .45~ Member Posts: 1,546 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Jacob2008
    quote:Originally posted by Bubba Joel
    Gus is 7-8 weeks old.. He is already potty trained to an extent, I said "Gus, pee pee" and he went right to the door... The squirrels were kind of distracting him but he went right out

both of my GS were the same way. Dixon was house broke at 8 weeks and hanna at 9 weeks. They will still have an occasianal accident but all you have to do is keep correcting them and those will stop real soon.
  • Options
    scottm21166scottm21166 Member Posts: 20,723
    edited November -1
    one thing though, GS can dissapear. they get on their nose tracking a rabbit or deer and come out of their trance in the next county, I suggest a microchip and a fence
  • Options
    MarksmdsMarksmds Member Posts: 603 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Congratulations on your beautiful pup.
  • Options
    shilowarshilowar Member Posts: 38,815 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    That's an adorable puppy

Hard to believe my Shepherd, Shiloh looked that way 9 years ago!!

shiloh2.jpg
  • Options
    GuvamintCheeseGuvamintCheese Member Posts: 38,932
    edited November -1
    Good lookin pup. It will be fun to watch him grow up here on GB.
  • Options
    BHAVINBHAVIN Member Posts: 3,490 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Nice! What great dogs. I really miss mine. Enjoy.[:D]
  • Options
    armilitearmilite Member Posts: 35,483 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Nice dogs makes me want to go get another to replace my old departed friend.
  • Options
    mateomasfeomateomasfeo Member Posts: 27,143
    edited November -1
    The Boys say "Welcome to the pack!"

8755244-bcd.JPG
  • Options
    jwb267jwb267 Member Posts: 19,666 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by shilowar
    That's an adorable puppy

Hard to believe my Shepherd, Shiloh looked that way 9 years ago!!

shiloh2.jpg

i see a spot on the dogs paw, do you know what caused it?, licking?
  • Options
    we_dig_itwe_dig_it Member Posts: 6,614 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If he dont work out, we'll take him[;)]
  • Options
    jwb267jwb267 Member Posts: 19,666 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    good looking pup. keep the pictures comming.

i have two 1 9year old and 1 10 months old
  • Options
    savage170savage170 Member Posts: 37,468 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    KSUmarksmanKSUmarksman Member Posts: 10,705 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    awwww! so cute and fuzzy [:D]

I swear, the reason puppies look so cute is an evolutionary defense mechanism...it keeps you from killing them when they piss on the carpet [;)]
  • Options
    BeeramidBeeramid Member, Moderator Posts: 7,264 ******
    edited November -1
    Fuzzy little ball of trouble![:D]
  • Options
    UNIVERSITY50UNIVERSITY50 Member Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    German Shepherds are like guns, you can never just have one!
    we have 2 wonderful girls, 3 yrs old & 1 yrs old. We've had GSDs since 1968. Only dogs we will have.
  • Options
    Bubba JoelBubba Joel Member Posts: 5,161
    edited November -1
    They are easy trained. I moved to a job in Casper Wyoming and the only house I could find had a 18" high fence and I worked from 7am to sometimes 10pm and had to train her to stay in the fence. I come home and she was there waiting on me.. Also they do guard the people & property well .
  • Options
    btkbtk Member Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm pretty sure there is nothing better in the world than a good dog.