In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

scope ?

oldemagicsoldemagics Member Posts: 5,840 ✭✭✭
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
Are the Tasco World Class Scopes descent, Im looking at buying one for a .270 Win. I cant afford the expensive ones, if you know another brand thats descent please post it??

Comments

• oldemagicsoldemagics Member Posts: 5,840 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Several guys here recommended I scope my dpms .308 carbine instead of a halo sight.Use will be plinking, nothing past the 300yd range.
    My experience with rifle shooting is limited to the garand and M1A.
    Looking for a fast sight picture,quality optics.Only scope I have used is a nikon prostaff 3-9x40 that i have mounted on a savage .22 bolt gun.Red dot? Low power scope? Opinions, suggestions please.
    Thanks,HD
    edited November -1
    Anyone have experience with these? Reliability?
    picked one up today for the best price... "take it along, I dont do putting scopes on pistols anymore"
    New in box 2X20 pistol scope, with weaver mounts.
    Already on my S&W 22A waiting till after i get back from the IPSC tomorrow to dial it in.
    edited November -1
    All my long guns have scopes except a few 22s. I got a sightmark 4 x 16 x 44 scope and i was wondering if i should put it on a 5.56 with a heavy barrel that has a tripod. The 5.56 is the heaviest gun i own.

Or should i put it on a 243, 270, or 30-06. The 5.56 is so accurate i can cover 3 shots with a nickle but the gun is super heavy.

If i am shooting i just shoot me 5.56 carbine i dont break out the big 5.56 much.
  • D1D1 Member Posts: 11,412
    edited November -1
    Was there supposed to be a pic or sumpin'?

Personally I like the red dots over the magnified image crosshair pistol scopes.
  • Colt SuperColt Super Member Posts: 31,007
    edited November -1
    Scope am good.

Doug
  • Survivalist86Survivalist86 Member Posts: 3,105
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by oldemagics
    Anyone have experience with these? Reliability?
    picked one up today for the best price... "take it along, I dont do putting scopes on pistols anymore"
    New in box 2X20 pistol scope, with weaver mounts.
    Already on my S&W 22A waiting till after i get back from the IPSC tomorrow to dial it in.

Best on the market....better then Zeiss....wanna post a link so I know what you are talking about?
    edited November -1
    DSC_0194.jpg

I just like the pic. I may start my own smilies.
    edited November -1
    I need to clean the Costa's.
    edited November -1
    my bad, thought i had the brand in...
    NORINCO scope, after the post i found the mark made in china[}:)]
    and for the pic freaks...

[img]http://oldemagics.com/gb pic/norinco.jpg[/img]

rifle range was busy when i got there so only set in at 25 yds, but it makes a difference for these old eyes.
    20 rds all inside the 10 and 16 X