In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

afirst

oldemagicsoldemagics Member Posts: 5,827 ✭✭✭
edited June 2018 in General Discussion
got a call from a recruiter today about a mechanic job, and somehow the b.s. after q and a about the position drifted to the fact that he was gonna "struggle" putting a trailer harness on his car when he got home tonight

tried to explain to him about it should be simple with the blue splice connectors and his response was wanna make a quick $50?
come down to my place and put it on for me?

he is in Phila. burbs so i declined and got an e-mail shortly after,
"last offer, i will come to you and pay you $50"

DONE!!
walk out when he gets here and stop... an $80,000 + brand new Alfa Romeo SUV !?!?
WTH did i get myself into this time?

but went smooth, hes happy, and as he said, "this is a first, I can tell the clients exactly what a professional job you do"

dealer would have gotten an easy couple hundred for the job, but cash is ALWAYS good, and good p.r. is always good, guess it cant hurt to do a cheap job every so often...

Comments

• Options
    gearheaddadgearheaddad Member Posts: 15,096 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Be sure to report the 50 on your Federal income taxes.......
  • Options
    iceracerxiceracerx Member Posts: 8,860 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Don't they make a 'plug and play' harness for that vehicle?

They had them back in 1996 when I added the trailer tow package to my Dakota.

Unplug the tail lights from the ware harness, plug in the trailer 'loom' and plug that back in the harness.

PS - Yep, thought 'they' did:

t1_150.jpg

https://www.etrailer.com/vm/Alfa+Romeo/Stelvio/t1
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by iceracerx

Unplug the tail lights from the ware harness, plug in the trailer 'loom' and plug that back in the harness.

t1_150.jpg

i just wish they did, had to pull up the entire interior flooring trim over the spare to access the side panels, to access the wiring harness but one nice thing is the kit he had uses non contact transducers that just snap around the wire for pickup to a control module mounted near the battery and sends out turn/brake etc.
    most time was figuring out the panels and which wire feed was which

• Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by oldemagics
    quote:Originally posted by iceracerx

t1_150.jpg

i just wish they did, had to pull up the entire interior flooring trim over the spare to access the side panels, to access the wiring harness but one nice thing is the kit he had uses non contact transducers that just snap around the wire for pickup to a control module mounted near the battery and sends out turn/brake etc.
    most time was figuring out the panels and which wire feed was which