In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

passing the buck

spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
edited October 2013 in General Discussion
if sebelius falls on her sword for her boss will she shed one drop of blood or arise unmarked like a phoenix from the ashes....and the biggee...will the company that fostered this FIASCO return ONE dollar of taxpayer money or get paid more to try to fix it (being a major O campaign contributor)...not really an issue now is it

Comments

• Options
    fordsixfordsix Member Posts: 8,722
    edited November -1
    they will get more for less
  • Options
    nards444nards444 Member Posts: 3,994 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    The problem with this whole thing is the government loses before they even start. Forget who is in office whos in congress, or even what topic we are talking about for a min. I work in a contracting office for the government, and let me tell you the rules are set up to favor the contractors and not the government, the government goes into these things with one hand tied behind their back.
  • Options
    SpartacusSpartacus Member Posts: 14,415
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by nards444
    The problem with this whole thing is the government loses before they even start. Forget who is in office whos in congress, or even what topic we are talking about for a min. I work in a contracting office for the government, and let me tell you the rules are set up to favor the contractors and not the government, the government goes into these things with one hand tied behind their back.

+1
    I designed and prototyped a titanium ashtray (when i worked at grumman) at the Navy's request, for the A6E. The Navy bought 10 to test on the aircraft.
    $600 EACH!
    problem: smoking was forbidden on the A6E!

I just wish i could have had a part in the toilet seat for the shuttle.........[;)]

tom
  • Options
    nards444nards444 Member Posts: 3,994 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Spartacus
    quote:Originally posted by nards444

+1
    I designed and prototyped a titanium ashtray (when i worked at grumman) at the Navy's request, for the A6E. The Navy bought 10 to test on the aircraft.
    $600 EACH!
    problem: smoking was forbidden on the A6E!

I just wish i could have had a part in the toilet seat for the shuttle.........[;)]

tom

I hear ya, happens all the time. We buy say a part or equipment for the soldiers and the thing shows up and doesnt work with a vehicle or a system it was intended for. Can you blame the contractor, ehh, Im sure they know. Stupid process really is.