In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Got this in an e-mail

asphalt cowboyasphalt cowboy Member Posts: 8,904 ✭✭✭✭
edited June 2011 in General Discussion
Sheriffs Department Warning PLEASE READ!

This is from the County Sheriffs Department, please read this message very carefully:

This message is for any lady who goes to work, college or school or even driving or walking the streets alone. If you find a young person crying on the road showing you their address and is asking you to take them to that address... take that child to the POLICE STATION!!

No matter what you do, DON'T go to that address. This is a new way for gang members (MS13) to rape women.

Please forward this message to all ladies & guys so that they can inform their sisters & friends and family.

Please don't feel shy to forward this message. Our 1 message may save a life.

Published by CNN & FOX NEWS (Please circulate).. **Please DO NOT IGNORE! Thank you !

There's some really sick ones out there.

Comments

• Options
    montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 58,068 ******
    edited November -1
    they keep coming up with another way....[:(][:(][:(]
    thanks for the info.
  • Options
    sigarmsp226sigarmsp226 Member Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Just told my wife...Thanks AC for the post....Mark
  • Options
    FrancFFrancF Member Posts: 35,278 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    We get the same on the freeways. Lady/Guy broken down on the side of the road good Samaritan pulls over to help. BOOM! You have been Jacked.
  • Options
    camodudecamodude Member Posts: 583 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    RogueStatesmanRogueStatesman Member Posts: 5,760
    edited November -1
    I heard about this about 3 weeks ago but never saw anything in writing. Good that you posted it.
  • Options
    MaxOHMSMaxOHMS Member Posts: 14,715
    edited November -1
    It takes a very special person to warn others about a possible danger ahead like this.

http://forums.gunbroker.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=433385&SearchTerms=baby

[;)]
  • Options
    oldnbaldoldnbald Member Posts: 3,578
    edited November -1
    From Truth or Fiction: Not quite the same as posted, but close.

Los Angeles Sheriff Department Warns Of Gang Tactics Used To Get Drivers To Pull Over-Fiction!

Summary of the eRumor:
    This is a forward email allegedly from the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department that warns of gangs using fake babies in car seats along the road to lure motorists to pull over and stop to investigate. The email also warns not to use windshield wipers to clean off eggs that are thrown at cars. It says that this would cloud up visibility and force drivers to pull over to the side of the road when water from the wiper tank is mixed with the eggs by your windshield wipers.

The Truth:
    A spokesperson for the Los Angeles County Sheriff (LASD) told TruthOrFiction.Com that this is a hoax and that they did not send out this warning. Some versions of the forwarded email appeared to have been sent from a deputy in the probation department for County of Los Angeles, CA. The LASD spokesperson said that they are looking into the origins of this hoax and that the probation department does not even come under his organization.

This eRumor actually evolved from another hoax about a similar warning from the Department of Corrections in Tennessee that said gangs were using bloodied dolls in infant car seats along the road to attract the attention of motorists. The drivers would pull over to the side of the road to investigate the car seat as gang members were patiently waiting for their next victim. Click here for our findings.

The LASD spokesperson did say that in any case where there is some sort of distraction to get the driver's attention, such as an egg thrown at a windshield, it is always best not to pull over immediately. He added that drivers should always be aware of their surroundings when they pull over and exit their cars. The law enforcement agency does suggest that divers should try to locate a local police station or well lit filling station to examine their cars for damages.

Windshield washer tanks should not contain water. The solutions in the reservoir tanks are designed to break down substances on automotive windshields and most tank lids and vehicle owner manuals warn against them being refilled with water. In colder climates water will freeze in the solution which could result in other problems.

updated 11/12/10
    A real example of the eRumor as it has appeared on the Internet:

L.A. County Sheriff's Alert, Serious & Important!

Subject: County Sheriff 's Department Alert - PLEASE READ AND FORWARD!!!

Thursday morning, I saw an infant car seat on the side of the road with a blanket draped over it. I did not stop, even though I had all kinds of thoughts running through my head. But when I got to my destination, I called the PD and they were going to check it out. This is what I was told...

"Several things to be aware of ... gangs and thieves, are now plotting different ways to get a person to "stop" their vehicle.

"There is a gang initiation reported by the local police department that gangs are placing a car seat by the road...with a fake baby in it...waiting for a woman, of course, to stop and check on the baby. Note that the location of this car seat will usually be beside a wooded or grassy (field) area ...and the person - woman - will be dragged into the woods- beaten and raped- usually left for dead. DO NOT STOP.
    DIAL 9-1-1 AND REPORT WHAT YOU SAW!!!

"IF YOU ARE DRIVING AT NIGHT AND EGGS ARE THROWN AT OUR WINDSHIELD. DO NOT TURN ON YOUR WIPERS AND DO NOT SPRAY ANY WATER ON IT BECAUSE EGGS MIXED WITH WATER BECOMES MILKY AND YOU'LL NOT BE ABLE TO SEE!!!! YOU ARE THEN FORCED TO STOP BESIDE THE ROAD AND BECOME A VICTIM OF THIEVES. THIS IS A NEW TECHNIQUE USED BY GANGS. PLEASE INFORM YOUR FRIENDS AND RELATIVES. THESE ARE DESPERATE TIMES AND THESE UNSAVORY INDIVIDUALS WILL TAKE DESPERATE MEASURES TO GET WHAT THEY WANT."

Please talk to your loved ones about this. This is a new tactic used and I would hate for anyone to fall victim to this kind of crime.

Please BE SAFE AND NEVER STOP YOUR VEHICLE
  • Options
    LaidbackDanLaidbackDan Member Posts: 13,143 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Jeez, and all I ever get in email is attractive women who have seen my profile online and want to send me to a link that shows me their nude photo's and cheap narcotics sent without a prescription to my home just for my charge card info.

Do you think these might be false also?

The internet is a deceitful place.
  • Options
    asphalt cowboyasphalt cowboy Member Posts: 8,904 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Interesting. I hope it is just a hoax.
    It would take some sick individuals to involve children and babies? in such crap.

Hoax or not, folks need to keep themselves safe out there. I wouldn't put it past some twisted POS to start doing it.
  • Options
    jwb267jwb267 Member Posts: 19,666 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    remember, BE A LERT
    what ever a lert is[:D][:o)]
  • Options
    Ford 23Ford 23 Member Posts: 3,129
    edited November -1
    IMO really doesn't matter whether this is a hoax, now that it has hit the internet all it takes is one or several creeps to read this and bang off goes the light bulb in their head. It is an easy set up defiantly worth a try for some of the low life looking for victims to rob, steal a car, rape or whatever they can gain from this trap. Chances of being ID are low and the rewards can be worth the risk in their minds. I will forward to some on my address list might just save them from a nasty experience or worse, they can ignore if they so choose. For worn is for told
  • Options
    NavybatNavybat Member Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sounds like we need to do this in pairs. Drive until you see the baby...then stop. One of you covers the other with a .45, the first guy carries a 12 guage.

That should slow up those damn gangs a bit. Or even an AR 15 with a shotgun backup.
  • Options
    TrinityScrimshawTrinityScrimshaw Member Posts: 9,350 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    This is an internet HOAX!

Trinity +++