In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Sarah Palin for VA secretary

grumpygygrumpygy Member Posts: 53,466
edited December 2016 in General Discussion
quote:Sarah Palin is interested in becoming Veterans Affairs secretary and may be considered for the position, a source close to the former Alaska governor told NBC News.

President-elect Donald Trump's transition team has been in touch with Palin, raising the possibility that it could consider her for the post, the source told NBC.

Palin's son Track served in the Iraq War and pleaded guilty earlier this year to a weapons charge related to a domestic violence arrest. Palin had contended that her son's legal troubles were due to what she characterized as the Obama administration's mistreatment of veterans.

Palin served as Alaska's governor from 2006 to 2009 and was Sen. John McCain's running mate in his 2008 presidential bid. Palin - who like Trump tried to cultivate a conservative outsider brand - endorsed the president-elect earlier this year before voting started in the Republican primary.

The Department of Veterans Affairs has faced accusations of mismanagement and inefficiency, particularly after long wait times were discovered at some veterans' health facilities.

On the campaign trail, Trump repeatedly pledged to take better care of veterans if he won the presidency.

At 1st I thought it might be a good Idea, but the more I think on it NO.

Comments

• Options
    medic07medic07 Member Posts: 5,222 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I personally think that the VA Secretary needs to be a Medical Administration Professional, preferably one who is retired from military medicine with a proven history of running major medical centers like Walter Reed/Bethesda, Brook Army Medical Center, Landstuhl Medical or Malcom Grow Medical.
  • Options
    TrinityScrimshawTrinityScrimshaw Member Posts: 9,350 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The Dr's can run the medical stuff, the VA Secretary needs to be someone who can kick * & fire people.

I think Ms. Palin can handle this, but she can't do it from Alaska.

Trinity +++
  • Options
    hobo9650hobo9650 Member Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Retired general with most if not all employees be veterans.

All supervisors should be vets.
  • Options
    Rack OpsRack Ops Member Posts: 18,597 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    pricklypearpricklypear Member Posts: 362 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Congress critter Joe Heck just lost his Republican bid for the Nevada Senate seat. He would not answer the question, would he vote for Trump? A lot of republicans held that against him. I voted for him anyway.He is a Brigadier General and a medical doctor and would probably make a good VA chief if the Donald would appoint him.
  • Options
    mrmike08075mrmike08075 Member Posts: 10,998 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well at least she can quit this job too if the numbers and polls look unfavorable....

+1000 this post must be filled by a veteran...

Preferably a combat veteran...

Better yet a wounded in action combat veteran...

Even more so disabled combat veteran...

General officer rank a bonus.

Let little miss Bob her head like a chicken stay in alaska...

How many reality TV show stars does this administration need.

Sigh.

Yawn.

Wretch.

Mike
  • Options
    JunkballerJunkballer Member Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by mrmike08075

Mike
    We tried that once before with no/little success.....Max Cleland, who years later finally told the truth about his self inflicted injury and even later got caught making obscene phone calls to women [;)] NO LIARS need to apply [V]

"Never do wrong to make a friend----or to keep one".....Robert E. Lee

• Options
    DirtyDawgDirtyDawg Member Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well at least she can quit this job too if the numbers and polls look unfavorable....

+1000 this post must be filled by a veteran...

Preferably a combat veteran...

General officer rank a bonus.

Let little miss Bob her head like a chicken stay in alaska...

How many reality TV show stars does this administration need.

Sigh.

Yawn.

Wretch.

Mike

+1000 Don't even invite that neo-con hag to the party.

Find a veteran that has suffered because of the corrupt and inept system, that has a background in healthcare administration, and C=L=E=A=N house! Or, better yet, how about we completely dissolve the entire VA hospital failure, and, give veterans the ability to go to any hospital in America that they choose? Let the private industry and competition to be the best and succeed decide where veterans choose to go.
  • Options
    montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 58,038 ******
    edited November -1
    Sarah is HOT!!!! and she will do a great job,,,[^][^][^][^][^]
  • Options
    hobo9650hobo9650 Member Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    She can work under me if she wishes.[:)]
  • Options
    mrmike08075mrmike08075 Member Posts: 10,998 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Let's be completely unfair...

You could randomly pick folks out of a phone book and find someone who would - could - should do a better job then anyone Obama has appointed.

It's a national disgrace - an international embarrassment.

But not Palin

That's the best our Republican brain trust can think of???

Makes me sick.

Mike
  • Options
    mag00mag00 Member Posts: 4,719 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I don't know her actual track record, all I have to go on is bedfellows, and since it was McCain, I have to say no.
  • Options
    shilowarshilowar Member Posts: 38,815 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by montanajoe
    Sarah is HOT!!!! and she will do give a great bl*# job,,,[^][^][^][^][^]

As a non veteran I would think a veteran with significant experience as a military physician and facility manager would be more appropriate.
  • Options
    eastbankeastbank Member Posts: 4,215
    edited November -1
    as a viet-nam war veteran, i hope i never need to go to a va hospital. but if i do i would like a veteran at the head of it. mr myopic.
  • Options
    chiefrchiefr Member Posts: 13,798 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    A retired SR Enlisted guy with a background as a troubleshooter is what you need.
    Also need laws and the power to fire worthless lazy POS government employees on a dime.
    The VA needs a housecleaning. 8 years of Obama job security is long enough for the sorry * administrators that the DEMOCRAT party protects. Fire them and make sure they get NOTHING in return.
  • Options
    Marc1301Marc1301 Member Posts: 31,897 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You gotta be kidding me.
    "Beam me up Scotty, there's no intelligent life down here." - William Shatner
  • Options
    BrookwoodBrookwood Member, Moderator Posts: 13,389 ******
    edited November -1
    I am getting pretty tired of seeing important public officials landing their jobs as a result of "popularity" or "beauty" contests.

That's what we have had shoved at us from previous administrations.

It would sure help me feel better about our nations future if the new president elect would take the lead by appointing QUALIFIED people in their chosen field to head these very important jobs!

In Sarah Palin's case....VA stands for kootchie
  • Options
    BrookwoodBrookwood Member, Moderator Posts: 13,389 ******
    edited November -1
    Dang the forum pc spell checker....koochie my *! I said VA stands for V-A-G-I-N-A
  • Options
    jimdeerejimdeere Member, Moderator Posts: 25,669 ******
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Junkballer

Mike
    We tried that once before with no/little success.....Max Cleland, who years later finally told the truth about his self inflicted injury and even later got caught making obscene phone calls to women [;)] NO LIARS need to apply [V]

"No liars need apply"
    That narrows the field down considerably.
  • Options
    spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    need somebody with medicaal and managerial background ...hire & fire em till its run RIGHT
  • Options
    mogley98mogley98 Member Posts: 18,297 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    To be completely fair......

I don't know who is running things right now, but since that big blow up about the level of care the VA in this area has done everything right by me.

They call me and if they can't fulfill an appointment within a couple weeks they offer another facility or something they called VA choice using a private practice.
    They have increased staffing and are even using private physicians to handle the case load.

Every single appointment I've had I have been seen on time by a professional who seems to care that I get the right treatment/exam.

My Meds show up on time in the mail and I've been greeted and smiled at by every single one of the staff I've come in contact with.

So whoever they nominate I hope they can continue to perform as well as I've experienced in the last few months.
    Why don't we go to school and work on the weekends and take the week off!
  • Options
    Rack OpsRack Ops Member Posts: 18,597 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Brookwood

In Sarah Palin's case....VA stands for kootchie

I think the * ina affairs position was eliminated when Clinton left office.
  • Options
    Rocky RaabRocky Raab Member Posts: 14,202 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I hope Palin gets some high-level job. Just so one side or the other of the Palin haters/lovers can STFU.
    I may be a bit crazy - but I didn't drive myself.